Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks after seeing what fits what I'll take it apart and start cleaning up the frame and other stuff ,, lots of stuck parts to break free,, BTW Nice Photos,,, Beth

2. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Because Tim and Garret got a job putting a frame under a 26 Dodge Bros Coupe, We moved My T down to the other Barn , But it works out better for me, MORE ROOM!! and cooler building, I just have to move my tools and parts to it,, So Fredo has a new home , That's what I call the car, It's Named after the mystery Person my Cockatoo Cuss's out He can spend up to a half hour Yelling F**king Fredo I'm gonna F**k you up:eek: Don't know who Fredo is but my bird seems to hate him, I figure I'll be yelling F**king Fredo a few time while building my car also:D,,, Beth

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Beth likes the look of this guys car from the Speedster site, so that's the direction She'll go with her car, and her new favorite people pic,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

4. RAREBIKE

RAREBIKE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have some Model A wheels sitting in my garage in Omaha I can donate to the speedster build. tim

5. That is a cool pic he really has a SEG on his face I can dig it!!!

6. Here are those pics I promised-

Attached Files:

7. Great project, Beth! Damn, I need to come back to work at the zoo to be with you, Tim, Bob and Gary...all car people.
    Great name for your T.....and you should take the other Tim [Rarebike] up on his offer of donated wheels from a model A...all steel and much safer than T wheels but I don't know if model A wheels will bolt up to a T axle...Bob would know.

Attached Files:

8. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Liz

80' yrs ago my Dad was cruzing around L.A. looking for some street racing action in his tricked up 23' T, and it ran 108 mph at the dry lakes in the late 20's

Had a Fronty head - Windfield carb - Ruxtel 2 speed rear and some cool Bufallo wheels

Will post a pic when I find out how to use this new windows # 7 as it is all different and what a pain in the arse

Later, G Don

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  9. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks sounds good to me, My Tim says we can make some adapters to fit them to the T hubs,, Send me a PM about how to get ahold of you , Thanks again ,,Beth

10. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

YES he does, I'll tell Tim he has to wear a handlebar Stash when he RIDES with me:D Beth

11. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank you very much for sending the pics, Cool looking Car ,,,Beth

12. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks Rocky AKA Wayne ,, I talked to Bob he said you have to make adapters to fit them on the T hubs, Come on back Tim's the only Mech there now, He says to tell you he has the hot tank up and running , ,Beth

13. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks Don,, Pics will be cool BTW I don't get all this computer stuff either:D Beth

14. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

AT 72' my brain just has a mental block trying to learn any new P/C stuff, with the XP I had before it was a snap

G Don

15. fordflambe

fordflambe

Looks like a fun build.............please keep the pics coming........

16. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

[​IMG]

Nice start for speedster project. Mrmodelt (Clayton) and I (Chris) started with a frame and firewall and built The Becker Special in a little less then a year for trip to Bonneville for Speed Week. We broke the crankshaft 52 miles out of Portland Oregon. We are putting the new improved engine and will hopefully attempt the 1700 mile round trip journey again in two years. My suggestion is retain the flathead T engine ( check the crank for cracks!! You don't want to find out the hard way!!!!! ) put an overdrive like Warford or Muncie in and Rocky Mountain brakes and drive the hell out of it.

[​IMG]

Mrmodelt's 26 T roadster ( Josephine) in front of the Bonneville sign at the entrance to the salt flats on our trip after we broke the crank in the the special.

[​IMG]

Here is the simplest speedster and the most bang for your buck my freind Tim's T-Bone a 1926 model T Speedster.....

[​IMG]

Good luck

Chris

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hi lizabeth my name is Jackson and I have been following tims dragster build as he is following mine and I run across your build thread this morning and I think I could help you out in a big way but you are gonna have to take a road trip down south here to pick up some parts I have a pile of model t stuff left over from a touring restoration fenders running boards a hood splash aprons basically everything but a body all kinds of stuff that will be real useful in your build it is all from a 24-25 model era all this stuff is very useable and I would make you a helluva deal on it pm me if you are intrested and ill get you some pics and info on it I dig your build and will continue to watch your progress keep up the good work

Chrome don't get ya home

18. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

At 61 My brain isn't much better . Beth

19. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for the pics Chris, We plan on useing the stock T motor , Tim Got 3 from Bob one should be rebuildable,:D Beth

20. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks I'll check out the sites over my weekend, COOL Old adds , Wish the prices were still the same ,, Beth

21. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks I'll have to get back to you on the parts, Lack of funds makes this a slow build, But I am interested in what you have ,I'll PM you tomorow after work, We'll be watching your Dragster build ,, Beth

22. I think I found my new favorite thread.

23. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks Glad you like it, I see your from Alberta, One of the things on my to do list is to go to the Calgary Stampede Rodeo some day,, Beth

24. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Wow those parts look like the one I had in storage!;) Well at least something is happening with them. I'll keep a close eye on this one to see what else I might be missing:D. I hopefully will be moving on my build soon as it's been on hold with all my house stuff. Have fun I'm suscribed.

25. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Tim Said those parts were abandoned:D,, So I stole them from Tim:eek:,, Thanks Bob You know I'll be bugging you for info as this goes on :) being Tim only knows Race cars :confused: Beth

26. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

It's all good, but don't disturb the possum that lives in the barn. He doesn't like his furniture moved.

27. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We named the Possum Robert Jr, Named after you know who:), We took some parts off the frame that were juck , a frozen brake asembly and a bullet riddled gas tank, Luckly Bob had the parts I needed:D Plus Robert Jr said we have anything we needed:rolleyes:, I'm going to coat the frame with rust convertor and paint the frame black in the next day or so,, Beth

Attached Files:

28. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Haven't had time to post much lately, been moving into Tim's place, Trying to get the old guy and a bunch of dogs, look of the place changed alittle bit:D ,We got the frame rust coated and one coat of black paint on it, Tim Is letting me build a blower manifold for a smaller blower for the dragster,Tim's buddy Garret is going to teach me how to tig weld it, Practiced a little the other day:), We will post more pics of it on Tim's (dragsled) comp coupe thread later, I'll just keep learning new things out here,and Tim will keep shooting pics of my learning process:D ,,Beth

Attached Files:

29. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

A few more pics, Aren't painting the front or rear axles yet ,have to take both apart still, to do some repairs,, Beth

Attached Files:

30. Wayyyy tooo cool Beth!!!