Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Sitting and rotting. The tracks are laying behind it along with the bed. Most of it is there except for the back of the cab.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 46stude

46stude

You mean that shell of chrome plating? :D

3. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Here's some pictures in South Dakota taken a week ago.

About 5 years ago I got two 26 T coupes (picture attached) and some parts from the guy. Said he wouldn't sell me any more because he was going to have an auction.

And now they are "Sitting and Rotting"

Attached Files:

4. 95stepside

95stepside
    from iowa

i like that old diagnostic machine

5. I guess I didn't look at it all that close.. I see all the rot now. Nevermind. Lol

6. today.....still sitting in an alley.....

57 SITTING.jpg

7. This would be great for tailgate parties!

8. swe64

swe64

south dakota and indiana

Attached Files:

9. pontiac

pontiac

59 El Camino and a 53 Chevy Convertible, both sitting in a junkyard here in WV.

Attached Files:

10. pontiac

pontiac

Come across these last week.

Attached Files:

11. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

12. scotts52

scotts52

47 Chrysler T&C Convertible

Attached Files:

13. pontiac

pontiac

I think it's a late 1930's Mack bus (but I don't know much about old buses)... very cool. I have to go back there in a few weeks, and I plan to jump the creek and take a few more pics of it.

Here's the back.

Attached Files:

14. Edsel101

Edsel101

My Dad has been friends with the owner of this 34 5-window for at least 20 years. He bought it and took it apart in 1956 after he spun a bearing. He even had a built up flathead ready to go in it! The project has been inside the garage since he has owned it I believe. It has even moved with him 3 or 4 times! Every time I talk to him I ask what his plans are for it. This last time I visited he told me that six years ago he told his son that if he came over and worked on it one day out of the week he would help and supply the funding to get the car back on the road. It still sits. He also has a 53 Ford two door sedan, a 55 Ford Crown Vic, a 54 Ford glass top, 2 59 Edsels, and a few other off topic cars. The 53, 55, and one of his Edsels are nearly on the road. They have been for 15 years. I told him I would take the one day a week deal! I've never met his son but I think he is crazy for not taking that deal! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures...

Attached Files:

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

The box on the rear says it all.
    He dosent care about the car, he wanted to spend time with his son.
    Keep working on it.

16. Edsel101

Edsel101

I can only hope that one day it will be mine. I asked if he was interested in selling me an old moto guzzi motorcycle he has had for years and his response was "What are you wanting it for?" I'll keep trying for it though!

17. I can't figure what it is that keeps me coming back to this thread....I haven't subscribed, but I look for it every day. Kind of an obsession.

18. I've read every thread from the beginning and then I subscribed to keep up to date.

19. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Friend of mine e-mailed me this. Seems appropriate here. Have no idea where it is.

Pat

Attached Files:

20. roadglider

roadglider

that pic is from jennerstown,pa all the cars are gone now. used to be on both sides of the road, said to be hauled in from being broken down on pa turnpike.

21. 327Eric

327Eric

That El Camino is nicer than what I started with.

22. Schreibs

Schreibs

Heres a few more from southern Alberta. Almost all of them are still there, sitting and waiting for the day they'll be 'restored' !! The 58 Chevy wagon was sold, but is untouched and sinking into the dirt at it's new home.The black 53 Coupe has since been sold, but I heard as recent as a couple of weeks ago, it too has not changed since.

Attached Files:

23. Schreibs

Schreibs

More southern Alberta sitters. The 51 Monarch and 46 Ford are at a location that I have been to on a few occasions. He has about 6-7 hundred cars, but is very private and rarely sells, and informed me I was allowed to take pictures and look, but not to divulge much else. It's kind of like knowing your Xmas present and keeping it inside....yeesh!

Attached Files:

24. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Do you know if the 56 Ford and 56 Niagara are for sale? I should have a rear window for the Ford and I have lots of wagon parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Schreibs

Schreibs

The Niagara is a for sure no (he's going to restore it one day...) and the orange/white hardtop is at the guys place who wishes to remain secret...but I can do some investigating. Ive traded cars with him in the past, but had to have the right trade on the right day, etc. I'll see what I can find out..

26. Nash T

Nash T
    from Virginia

Found this at the local scrapyard.

Attached Files:

27. Nash T

Nash T
    from Virginia

At least they let people pick them a little before crushing

Attached Files:

28. My first set of wheels!

29. Where are you Nash-T?

30. Nash T

Nash T
    from Virginia

Hopewell. The cars are at Atlantic Iron and Metal in Petersburg. If anybody needs anything off of them I could try getting it. They don't sell them complete but will part them out for a while. Saw a nice Desoto there not too long ago.