Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any 53-56 f100 gurus? Need some pitman arm advice...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitewallslick, Dec 17, 2003.

1. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

I have a '54 ford f100 steering box (at least that's what the tag said) and need a pitman arm & drag link. Looks like the standard pitman arm has a ball stud on the drag link end. Is there another (power steering?) version with a tapered hole on the drag link end that'll accept a tie rod end? If you have any idea what I'm talking about or have something that might work, please let me know .... WWS

2. F100 arms are unique to themselves and I don't think there are any others that will interchange.

If you need I can drill and taper the arm you have to accept a standard tie rod end.

3. fordiac

fordiac
    from Medina, Oh

I dont think power steering was an option

yes, the stock pitman arm has a ball stud.

4. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

Thanks fellas ... I swear I saw a pitman arm at a swap meet with a tapered hole, maybe they drilled it themselves. WWS

5. try later Ford PU. A friend of mine used a pitman arm off of a '59? four wheel drive. It had a tapered hole rather than a ball stud. Unfortunatelt i don't remember what year his box was.