Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hitchhikers Guide Episode VI: Return of the Hitchhiker.... Hot Rod Model A banger

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hitchhiker, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Idiots.

2. I think we were just high on the purchase.

3. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Would have been a good buy but lost all the savings to parking tickets and hub caps.

4. hahaha...

5. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Hey thanks for the tip. I will forward this to the Model A club.

6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

NICE, great find!

7. That's a nice looking Monkey Face. I went through a few of those about 10 years back. I've been looking for another lately, but the prices have jumped quite a bit since I was buying $200 complete rolling trucks.:)

8. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

Way cool f1 lucky you best of luck

9. Thanks guys. I'm starting to go overboard and take this thing a bit further down the rabbit hole with some of the little details. But I think it will be worth it. I am going to have to figure out a shock situation for the front and rear. It had none before, and a couple other small details. but should be finished up soon. I hope?

10. Not much to report...side tracked with the 48, will probably start that thread once it is finished up.

Also have a another project in the works. Stay tuned for the thread on that one too. Gonna be very early styled gow job...Think Multy Aldrich T....but a coupe.

I thought I would post my wanted ad here to...just in case any of you reading this want to let go of some of the parts I need.

Here is the list of things I NEED to be able to finish this thing:

1 X Winfield BB downdraft carburetor or float housing
    1 X Autopulse 300 or 500 electric fuel pump
    1 X Fil-to-reg fuel pressure regulator
    2 X Juice rear backing plates and drums

If anyone wants to do some trading of winfield carbs I have some I would be willing to do some trading if you don't want to sell yours outright..

Thanks

11. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Like this one? If so, PM me.

Attached Files:

12. olskool34

olskool34

"Also have a another project in the works. Stay tuned for the thread on that one too. Gonna be very early styled gow job...Think Multy Aldrich T....but a coupe."

I was gonna do one of these last year but sold the coupe body and now the body is a 25 T roadster so I am waiting patiently to see what you come up with.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  13. Your truck is sad, it wants to be back together and drive again.
    More pictures would be good too!

14. I'll start a new thread when I get into it.

Haha, yes it is very sad and lonely. I will try and snap some shots of what I have been messing with. I just didnt think it was that interesting.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. You might want to look for some Lovejoy shocks. They are cheap and if you find the right ones will bolt up to the existing shock holes.

Attached Files:

16. So...I sold my daily driver a bit ago and all I have is a fist of cash and a bunch of projects. This thing... My 1979 Ford f250 will assume daily status for now, but is really to big of a truck in city all the time. Which also reminds me I need to register and install the dash back into it. My 1972 blazer. which is next on the project list, needs major rust repair, actually runs awesome, but is otherwise suffering from a severe case of lot rot and my 1967 GTO which runs and drives, but has no heater or wipers or interior and the headlights just stopped working. :rolleyes:

So it's pretty much crunch time...if I can't get a downdraft winfield I may be forced to run a stromberg for now. Running a winfield updraft with the manifold I have puts it to low in the chassis for my taste. the choke horn ends up in between the top and bottom of the frame rail.

17. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Matt, Keep on working on that Model "A" ! Looking forward to seeing you a cruisin' with it.

Dave

18. Thanks for the encouragement Dave! it's coming along. Should have some good updates soon.

Its really crunch time now. I have everything I need...Except a BB or B downdraft carb or float bowl. Help me out guys!

19. thanks I will check these out.

20. Can't you mount another for now? It seems like finding one has been long in the works...

Keep up the good work - it's inspirational to see your working speed! Got me in my garage several times (although I'm currently working on my winter racer)!

21. I have started on designing an adapter to go from the Winfield manifold to a stromberg. I've actually seen a few of the downdraft carbs that I need on Ebay. But can't bring myself to pay the price they bring there. I've got a couple of different leads on some currently. So hopefully one of them pans out soon. The last month has been crazy busy, and I'm anticipating a major slow down in work for December at my shop. I really wanna have it back on the road before the new year, I have the time, so Hopefully I can gather all the parts to get this thing finished between now and then. Thanks for the encouragement.

22. Carter

Carter

Matt, I have a Winfield to Stromberg adapter here if you need any pictures or measurements.

23. Here is an adapter I made but never got to try it as I found a decent Winfield before I fired the motor.

Attached Files:

• 1009.jpg
      1009.jpg
      File size:
      111.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1010.jpg
      1010.jpg
      File size:
      123.9 KB
      Views:
  24. Carter

Carter

Nice. Did you cast that?
    Didn't you cast up a dual Winfield intake also?

25. No, I machined that. Ungodly amount of hours for an amatuer on a mill. On the dual intake I found a unmachined Riley. Almost have enough parts for dual Winfields.

26. Thanks Hotrodmyk and Carter.

Attached Files:

27. Carter

Carter

Glad the pump made it there OK. Should be an update soon, then, right? :D

28. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

You are welcome.

29. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

30. Carter

Carter

Did you get a downdraft to use?