Register now to get rid of these ads!

shop promo video ** edited with a 2nd version*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cornfieldcustoms, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

since some people cant handle other peoples taste or choice in music for their personal life, i changed the music and edited the video some to fit. i will keep both videos up to try to please everyone ha ha ha. here is another song that plays at my shop often. just remember people have all sorts or different tastes of things that may not be to everyone elses liking.

as far as my remark about being a punk hot rodder that cuts stuff up, that is what a hot rodder is. think about what hot rodders were called back in the day, nothing but a bunch of trouble makers. i get referred to as a punk that just cuts car up by restorers all the time. people just need to chill out it is just a video on the "world wide web" lol

here is the revised version for you guys with "sensitive" musical taste, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFmzFSnzXY

2. Doesn't work,,,say's it's private. HRP

This video is private.
    Sorry about that.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

about 3 seconds into the video I had an uncontrollable urge to get up out of my chair and "twerk".

I'll post the video later.

4. Man you guys are awsome on your comments and good for a laugh! Your shop looks great and your music does suck the big one! But i wouldnt care if you listen to Humperdink as long as you get your cars done! Guess your people wouldnt stick around and bother you with dumb questions if you did! Hey you are a genius!

5. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

privacy settings fixed

6. A ll joking aside neat shop!

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

would'nt play. music is powerful stuff. use it wisely. when you use a song with vocal or lyric, people will take in what there hearing, no matter what visual goes along with it. and if the two clash or just dont make sence, you'll lose there attention.thats why alot of people dub in instrumental music. it allows the viewer to have his own thoughs and not be influenced by a story about something else.(the lyric) misic is powerful,personal and even polarizing.

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Please don't unless you look like Billy Ray's baby girl what's her name.....

Mike has the talent and the skills most of you wish for, and just a punk kid to boot! Really Pinched my frame on my 32, and lots of other work he has done for me is 1st rate.....I wouldn't care if he was listening gospel or devil worshiping music....lol

Hear is some traditional kinda music.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQjReRZzcGM

9. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

no, don't say that. no.

10. Gospel? Now your talkin!

11. Straw boss kicks ass!

12. bgaro

bgaro

i made all the way through this time. good work fellas. "joyous and triumphant"

13. 1948plymouth

1948plymouth
    from Minnesota

This thread made my day. Keep up the good work Cornfield :)

14. srs1

srs1

looks like you could use a little more headroom! having to take the windshield off of the roadster to pick it up? glad to see ya'll are busy. best of luck in your future

15. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

the ceilings are 10 ft, not super tall but tall enough. have not got the windshield frame for the roadster so i ran the lift all the way up

thanks for all the other good words on the videos

16. MP&C

MP&C

Nice video Mike. What model is your Pullmax?

17. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

thanks man, it is not a pull max, it is a Nibbler Jr. reciprocating hammer. thanks for the rubber wheel for the bead roller. works way better than my old one

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

music sucked

19. MP&C

MP&C

Glad the skateboard wheel worked... enjoy!

What are you using to punch the louvers?

20. Leviman

Leviman

Listen man, you posted this on a public forum. That in itself is sort of asking for what people think. And they told you haha! Also, to me, if you were just calling it a cool little video of your shop, I'd be down. But you're calling it a promo, insinuating that it's for bringing people into the shop. I for one learned nothing of your shop from it. Except that maybe there's someone who's mad with the bead roller. But let's see you on camera, tell us what you do, tell us what makes you special, stand in front of the camera at the end and say "if you don't like the music, fuck you!" haha. Saxman hit it on the head. Also, as far as the video goes, moving shots are cool, but try and break it up some, do something to emphasize important pieces (the handmade floors, special dash, bead art, etc), maybe spend some more time on them, or frame it in a way that you can see the whole piece. Also, the fisheye lens (looks like a go pro?) gets obnoxious real fast. Wide angle lenses expand the background, allowing you to see more, but not allowing the subject to pop out as well. A longer focal length will compress the background, combined with a shallow depth of feild, your subject could pop a lot better. Anyhow, that's what I'd do! The roadster through the ceiling was funny :D

21. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Music sucks....

22. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i have a manual louver press

not really complaining about the people complaining about the music, just find it funny how everyone is getting so upset about. i know it is a public forum and i expect all kinds of responses. i just find it rediculous that people would base their opinion of a business on a song on the internet. that would be like not having someone not do work for you because they are have different political, or religious beliefs than you. i dont pick where i do business by anything other than quality of work/ product and customer service, period.

the problem with stopping and narrating the video is i wanted a quick video to show a hand full of the cars we have been working on and quick run through of the shop. i have other videos of the shop that have me walking through narrating and talking about specific cars, even videos on individual cars. this video was something different. as far as it being a promo video, any video of my shop is a promo video, it shows the shop and what goes on in the shop. i dont want to keep making the same types of videos. this one doesnt appeal to everyone, but does appeal to many. also i am not a professional film maker, i build hot rods. this was just done on a saturday with me and a friend running the go pro.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  23. lawman

lawman

Nice work Fellow !!!

24. RARE57

RARE57

"LMFAO"...to this quote !!:D
    Personally I would have used music from "Black Sabbath" or "AC/DC" !...but that's just me !... Should I have used music at all.
    GREAT VIDEO and NICE WORK! Nice shop!...I wish you THE BEST !! GOOD LUCK !!
    LOVE that yellow cab/narrowed rear end... truck/car !

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  25. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

Great work, Cornfield!

By the way, when did the HAMB get filled up with a bunch of pusses and cranky old men who can't stand to listen to music other than Barbara Streisand and Lawrence Welk?

26. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Enjoyed it very much. Wish I had the space.

27. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i don't think anyone here is listening to barbra ( isaid "bra") streisand, but don't even make fun of lawrence welk. those are real sight reading players on that show. you may not like what they play for the broadcast, but you could hand them any sheet music you like and they'll play the first time. i've got alot of respect for anyone who learns their craft compleatly as they have. hang on, i've got to flip my celine dion cd.[​IMG]

28. barstowpo

barstowpo

I liked the second video but couldn't get through the first one due to the noise.

29. BISHOP

BISHOP

Bullshit, If home depot was playin this crap you did, they would be out of business.

30. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i hate country music and still shop at TSC, i hate x-mas music but still shop at places that play it, i hate elevators and still ride them. its called sucking it up and dealing with it. not whining about everything you dont like and boycotting something because it is not in your taste. like is said people can bitch all they want, its my business, my video, my life. dont do business with me thats fine. i tell people that complain about what is on the radio, what i am working, or my tattoos. you know where the door is, pound salt. period. i dont have time to mess with people to tell me how to live my life and run my shop. i have been doing fine for the past 7 years. but thanks for your concern i will file it away with all the other suggestions on how to run "MY" Business. <label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label><label for="rb_iconid_12">[​IMG]</label><label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.