Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Retro Rewind - Indoor Traditional Show Jan 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Mar 14, 2013.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hellfish - the cars are invite - we want to capture the spirit of the old armory or motorama's from years past. The cars need to be finished interior and have paint. We will have the same entry guidelines that we apply to Vintage Torque Fest. Anyone that wants to have their car in the show should email [email protected]
    We will start posting some of the cars that are scheduled to be there as the event draws closer.

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

YES! We will be showing Flake & Flames at the Film Festival that is held in conjunction with the Cars & Guitars event. [​IMG]

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]the Copper Kashub will be at the show! (pronounced Ka Shoob)

4. Why does Cole look like Mel Gibson!?:D

5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

because they both live in California?

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Seven Second Love Affair will be shown at the Film Festival portion of the Retro Rewind - MUST SEE!!!!

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

A fine idea. Gary

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

There are no details on the site (that I saw) with details like when the doors open, when cars and vendors can load in/out, what time the hall closes, when bands play, etc. It's only a month away

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

FRIDAY - Load In for Vendors and Feature Cars & Cycles 9am-9pm Please email [email protected] for questions about load in.
    FRIDAY NIGHT - Pre Party at Eronel Bar with The Krank Daddies! Rippin R N R starts at 9pm just 1/2 block from Five Flags
    SATURDAY
    9:00 AM - Open to Public
    9:30 AM Livin'It Documentary
    11:00 AM Mad Fabricators Australia
    12:00 AM 3 On The Tree
    12:30 PM Robert Williams Mr. Bitchin' Documentary
    1:00 PM 7 Sins Sideshow
    2:00 PM 6Over - DiCE Magazine Documentary
    2:30 PM Black Cat
    3:30 PM Flake and Flames - Kustom Kulture Adventure Documentary
    4:00 PM Rumble Seat Riot
    5:00 PM Seven Second Love Affair - Lions Drag Strip Documentary
    5:30 PM Art Auction
    6:00 PM Pin Up Contest
    7:00 PM Arena Closes/Theater Doors for Nikki Hill open - General Admission Seating
    8:00 PM 3 On The Tree
    9:00 PM Hot Rod Hucksters
    10:00 PM Nikki Hill

Please note this schedule is approximate and staff will try to stay on time for all movies and features.

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks like it's going to be a great time for all that can attend.

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Here is another ride scheduled to be attending the Retro Rewind!
    [​IMG]

12. fro5555

fro5555
    from No IL.

sounds like good to me... We'll be there see ya then John

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Scuba Steve is bringing this down from Milwaukee to be a part of the Retro Rewind! Thanks man![​IMG]

14. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

I have got to hit this show...im jus hoping the roads will be in good shape! We jus got blasted with seven inches of snow!

15. This show is going to be a blast, I am soooo pumped.

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I know the concern about the weather...... and while there is more of a chance of us getting hammered in January, the snow we had in MAY was pretty bad. Jack Walker has been doing shows since 1969 in ALL seasons. He told me that he has never had any problems on the road in all those years....UNTIL this past May. Almost slid off the road and rolled.... he was in the fast lane and slid uncontrollably over to the shoulder. As he was about to go off the shoulder, he caught some traction and kept on rolling to Torque Fest. He said his truck may have needed some new interior after that incident! ha. Seriously though - it will be a fun time and I suspect everyone that comes out will enjoy the film festival - the cars - the bands etc. I just hope that people don't stay in because it is cold. We will have the heat on in the Five Flags!

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

We will have an art auction at the show as well. Original art that is contributed will be split with the artist and the Hannah Wells Medical Trust. These framed prints will be auctioned off as well - with proceeds going to Hannah Wells Medical Trust as well. For those that do not know, we are scheduled for open heart surgery again in Boston in June. So this is what we are gearing up for and we need your help to get some coin to pay for the trip. Yes we have insurance, but the costs WITH insurance are still high. So we hope everyone comes out and goes away with some killer art by Keven Carter, P'Gosh, Max Grundy, Shawn Dickinson, Keith Weesner, Matt LaButte and more. [​IMG]

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Another amazing ride scheduled to be at the Retro Rewind!
    [​IMG]

19. haychrishay

haychrishay

I am lookin forward to this !

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Shannon is going to bring this beauty to the Retro Rewind - Cars and Guitars at the Five Flags is going to be a blast - hope everyone makes it to Dubuque on Jan 11![​IMG]

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

This is going to be a really great show! More of a recreation than what the "Motorama displays" that pop up at WoW in Chicago/Milwaukee

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

we are trying Hellfish..... we are trying.....

Here is another prime example of what will be seen at Retro Rewind - this car started out in Nor Cal, and now lives in Iowa.
    And yes, it will be at the Retro Rewind!
    Cars and Guitars on a cold January day.... cmon out and have some fun with fellow gearheads.
    [​IMG]

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

I still say that it needs to be more than just guitars. They're overrated! Display some basses, drums and mics. Then you'll have something.

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Actually - Muskie Music is bringing some different items - not just guitars!

25. Hellfish

Hellfish

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Bobwop is planning on bringing this! WOW![​IMG]

27. Black Dog Vintage Racing along with Kart54 will be showing their vintage racing karts at Retro Rewind . Please stop by and say hi .

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's great, Brian! My kart isn't show worthy yet. Would you mind if I leave some White Knuckle Scramble cards with you?

29. Sure that's fine .

30. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]

Icons of Pinstriping Booth will have some crazy talent on display. We will be auctioning off many different panels like this one from BRANDO!
    Jim Brandonisio, a.k.a. Brando, a self-taught sign artist has been lettering and pin striping since 1973 at the age of 16. Born in 1957, in a northern suburb of Chicago, he picked up his fathers brushes just 3 years after his death, and has been involved in the arts ever since.