Register now to get rid of these ads!

shop promo video ** edited with a 2nd version*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cornfieldcustoms, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

great work but I had to turn the sound off .that music is f#ckin horrible.

3. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man...I totally dig the video. You guys did a good job and seems to show a lot of aspects of what you do. Looks like you all do good work and have an organized, well equipped shop too. I think that the music selection would be better suited if you guys were mainly working on low riders or tuners. Seems like traditional rods is more what you all do so I wonder how the vibe of the video would be if you had something more like a beat from the "Kings of Nuthin'" or even something heavier like something from "Drowning Pool" or the like. Totally just a suggestion and not a knock in anyway. I just dig the video and would like to watch it to something differnt playing to see what it would be like.
    Good work though, Bro!!

4. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

thanks guys, as far as the music goes, on some of my other videos i had more rock and metal type music and people sent me all kinds of emails complaining about it. so i figured it could always be worse. i do not listen to rap or anything like this, but i heard this on a radio show on satellite and thought it would be perfect lol, no matter what i post there will always be people who dont like the music so i try to use something totally different than expected

5. Nice video but i too couldn't watch it more than 10 seconds because of the music.. i skipped through it.

Have you considered not having music? I for one would rather watch the video without any music and just hearing someone talk about whats going on, or shop noise or something..

That music sucked.

6. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

That's actually a good idea, especially since you've had other types of music in your other videos. Like you said, there will always be someone that complains about it no matter what you use so this may be a good alternative. Maybe have someone talking about what you all do and just have some music play a bit in between them talking....just another 't thought!! You can't please everyone all the time, that's for sure!

7. great video , but I must agree on the music, I suffered thru ( couldn't find the mute ) something a bit more old school or rockabilly might be good , lol

8. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the music is awful, cool vid otherwise

9. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

With sound turned off , is the best way to watch , like the cars

10. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Even tho there may have been some nice rod schtuff, I have no idea other than the first shot because the music made me turn the whole thing off.

11. VonKool13

VonKool13

That music made me shut off the video, and I like hip hop.

12. cars look great. very nice fit on the work.

13. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i had to check it out because of the comments about the music. i listened all the way through. i wish i hade'nt. it made me do a drive by and i shot some people coming out of a 7-11 and now i'm in jail. they gave me 15 to 20 years, but when i showed up to do my time they said i would be out by midnight. so its all good. but you should change it.

14. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Worst music ever!

15. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Yeah it was hard to take it seriously with that music. Other then that it was good.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

16. greazy john

greazy john

A video is to watch? .. nice work , cool stuff.

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The video is great and very professional, but as others have said, what passes as "music" in it, sucks! Can you REALLY attract the customer base you need - those that have money for restoration work, with that irritating street punk noise? Isn't your average customer a guy in his 40's-60's?

If I was looking for a shop to do my work, I wouldn't even consider yours, due to the vid's audio.

Just my constructive criticism.

18. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

great I loved it

19. YO YO YO that track was off the chains yo! i was all like tryin to grind up on a shorty while drinkin my 40 yo! lol

cool vid, try another song next time :)

20. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

if you would not chose my shop to do work on your car over music that is on a you tube video, you are not the type of customer i would even do work for. people should choose me to work on their car by the quality of work and how i treat my customers. i actually have customers that range from 25-75 and none of them have any complaints, but then again i dont do restoration work, i am just a punk hot rodder that cuts stuff up. i warned everyone about the potential of the music not being for everyone, which i know it is not, and that is what the mute button is for . <label for="rb_iconid_10">[​IMG]</label>.

to everyone that suffered through the music and some what enjoyed the video thanks

21. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Lol,that made my day,cool vid,but I also had to turn the music down

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. I liked the video. Music wasn't as bad as the reviews made it sound.

23. Okay, here's the thing. I really like the video. It was well shot and it shows that you do some pretty fine work. In my opinion though, the music does not fit the video at all and I would question whether it would appeal to your target customer base, unless you are looking to get jobs pimping out Escalades or building rat rods. I hope I don't offend you, but I have to agree with one of the posters above; even with the nice visuals, if all I had to go on were your video, the music alone would make me question whether I had the right shop if I were looking for someone to work on or build me a traditional hot rod. It strikes me as unprofessional.

Also, if I were looking for someone to do some work for me, I would be looking for a professional, a craftsman, an artisan, not "a punk hot rodder who cuts things up" Obviously you have the skills and a well equipped shop, but it doesn't come across well to me as a potential customer. Sorry, I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just trying to help. But, you know what they say about opinions.

Now, I have been a professional musician and I work in media production for my day gig, so even though I dig music, I think you might be on to something with having no music at all (or very little). Honestly, it annoys the fuck out of me when I see a marketing piece that just has visuals and music. If I'm taking the time to look at a marketing piece it's because I'm looking for information. I want substance, not pretty pictures and music. I want to know who I am dealing with. Talk to me brother! Give me some narration. Give me a feel for who I would be dealing with.

That being said, it looks like you do decent work and I wish you luck.

24. bgaro

bgaro

one would assume with music like that, your all a bunch of tasteless, immature, jackasses. true or not, this the assumption a potential customer would make. target your demographic. i don't know who that is for.

25. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Do you listen to that music in your shop ??? If I heard that music blaring out of your shop, I would take my business somewhere else.

I had to turn the video off

26. 117harv

117harv

I wasn't going to post, but Saxman is right on point. I think a little intro and exit music would be the best, no lyrics, just music. I also agree with Saxman that some narration by you and whoever else works there would go along way to selling your work. I think more closeup pics of your work, and info on what you do/have done would help to, as that is what you are selling...just another opinion.

27. IMHO,the video is great but I'm a old curmudgeon so you can guess what my opinion is of the noise that is play that you refer to as music! :rolleyes: HRP

28. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

any style music with drug referances i dont believe is good for your shop....... even if it is drug free it will put the thought in the back of a clients mind........

29. claytonsrods

claytonsrods
    from Aptos, CA

Here at Claytons Hot Rods Kreayshawn is our mascot .Love the vid

30. I went in search of more of your shops videos,,I gotta admit you guys do good work but agin heavy metal death music ain't my thing ether.:rolleyes:

I did however enjoy the M1 A1 Repairs video even though it is off topic the narration is better suited for the promotion of the business. HRP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.