Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Appreciating the Jeff Beck '32 Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

I like it, it reminds me of a full fendered, street driven "Orange Crate"

3. I honestly think the 3 photo's below capture the best the sedan has to offer,,the color is more appealing,,but the sedan does have the unmistakeable look of that era,,heavy chop,small headlights and a mice rake. HRP

4. I tend to agree with your comment about the 3 photos capturing the better features of the car. It's certainly a nice car, but it's not my favorite '32 Tudor by any stretch. I'm a detail nut and I'm nitpicking, but to me, it's a bit over-chopped, the headlights are too high and too small, and the nerf bars have got to go.

Love the body choice, the wheels, and the color, though.

5. I wouldn't change a thing.

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

x2.It works for me.

7. alchemy

alchemy

Me too. Reminds me of the Bauder sedan from the 80's. Just right stance, chop, wheels, and a nice solid color.

8. rooman

rooman

It was sitting on the shop floor at Brizio's when I was there a couple of weeks ago and I would take it any time. I am 65 so this was the sort of car that I aspired to own when I was in my early 20's and although the current trend towards "traditional" (40's--50's cars) appeals to me this style also flips my switch.

Roo

9. I think it is a very beautiful extreamly well done car. I really don't like to say anything bad or negative of any ones build. However for my taste, I would have done something different with the bumpers. But again thats just me and it is a very nice build for sure. Sure would love to have it in my garage...;)

10. racemad55

racemad55

Tailites completely wrong,bumpers too "heavy looking" rather see small vertical nerfs, nice build though,that being said my favorite from the 60's was the orange one that I think later became the super prune,the one with the black bands highlighting the windows,that looked a little more badass, Think beck owned that one too,not gonna take the time to get off my ass to research it!

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just like Flat-N-Low I'm not a fan of the nerfs, but dmn near everything else is spot on! 'Course, I'd lay the louvers out completely differently, but that's pretty much it. I happened to look at this car again the other night, and really hadn't appreciated it the first time around.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

very cool sedan. we need more cars with fenders. I agree with the bumper comments.

13. He drove it to the event, parked it in the parking garage, thats cool ... I like most of it. nerf bars, not for me .

14. raymay

raymay

Nice lines great looking car. Like some of the others I agree the bumper design may not be the best choice.

15. EarlyFordV8

EarlyFordV8
    from Dallas

the front chromed bumper no good otherwise sweetness everywhere

16. Not liking the nerfs, color and needs larger headlights with that size car. Otherwise nice indeed!:cool: (not that anyone gives a rats ass what I think):eek:

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

front bumper could go away,but I'd park that in my garage anyday

18. brandon

brandon

that was what I was thinking....:D

19. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Jeff Beck is a great guitarist. That's all I got!

20. Many of us have become the restorers we joked about in the last 40 years. I like the Nerfs and the car rocks. Lets not nitpick, it is a cool hot rod.

21. GARY?

GARY?

If I saw it going down the road I'd be stoked.
    Funny, my shoot from the hip thought was "it ain't my cup of tea". Then I read the words part of the thing and that's what dude said too.

Color is bad (high dollar easter egg), wheels wrong too. Other then that, it's still too clean.

22. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

It is "period correct". Just a different period. Dig it for being true to that style. Beck loves 32's.

23. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Beautiful rod. Yeah, I'd lose the nerf bars, install bigger headlights, and swap those blingy wheels out for some less flashy. Maybe sandcast versions? Then drive it like I stole it....since thats the only way I could possibly have it. :)

24. PRE48V-8

PRE48V-8
    from H.G., CA

Yes, Jeff Beck owned the "Super Prune" (was a pale pearl yellow, bobbed rear fenders & the phrase "Super Prune" lettered with a prune image below it on the rear body panel though it was originally orange. The car ended up w/the DeMarco Bros. (Joe & Frank) of El Monte, CA in the "Super Prune" guise & stayed that way for years. Joe is the caretaker of the car at present, undertaking and nearly finished transforming it back to it's original orange colored guise.

As for the TRJ featured former Jeff Beck Deuce 2dr sedan, it stands on its own in a timeless way, unlike very few cars from the past, present & near future could or ever will. Whether or not its one's favorite "build style" they'd be short sighted to disregard it for that reason. Wrong parts & pieces here or there? Sounds like either Hatin' or splittin' hairs with no relevant point. As a musician (not Jeff Beck) once said with regards to different music styles, "If it sounds good, it is good" and this applies to cars in the same way. So by the same measure, "If it looks good, it is good" no matter who owns it, built it, make, model, year, geographic home, pedigree, level of finish, etc. Besides, whether painted & chromed or rusty & primered, stance rules the day and this car has it to spare.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  25. Oh No,,I love the bumpers,,it screams I'm a 60's hot rod! HRP

26. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dig it, particularly like the striping and how they accentuated where the beltline meets the windshield, not something seen very frequently. It also reminds me of a favorite sedan photo that has haunted me for some time now.

Attached Files:

27. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

That Jeff Beck is kinda good on that guitar thing too

28. The car you're thinking of was the Phil Kendrick tudor which was featured in Hot Rod, April '67. First car I thought of when I spotted the Rodders Journal feature on this one. First built by a Dave Archer sometime in the late fifties with a blown flattie, then rebuilt by Kendrick around '67 with a detailed 265 and triples. Ran a Halibrand rear on an 'A' spring, polished Hals in Goodyear Blue Streak racing tires, and chrome everywhere, including the smooth firewall.
    As you mentioned, blacked out around the windows, and had black and white Greek striping along the beltline and round the bobbed fender edges. (Probably one of the strongest visual connections to this car).

I believe that it was around the mid 70s that it was painted a light yellow and became the Super Prune, and went to England with Jeff Beck. Never quite understood this version - guess it was a 'seventies' thing.
    Great to see that it will be restored to the late 60s Phil Kendrick badass and glitzy iteration.

And how do I know all this shit? Well, it's been our club logo for the last forty years....:D

Bear:)

29. rooman

rooman

All real Halibrands are sand cast, I presume that you like them as cast and machined and not polished like these ones.

Roo