Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 56 after hitting a telephone pole.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Faded Love Garage, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Just got through louvreing the hood and lining up the front sheet metal. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798646.048045.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798677.388847.jpg then this ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798719.722545.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798772.365410.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798815.067743.jpg getting the hood back in shape ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798868.343662.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798910.543738.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798954.085602.jpg a little closer ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383798986.763324.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Sucks to see, but it could have been worse. Looks like you got the hood back close enough, which is where all the time and $ would be with those louvers. Nice job.

Hope the radiator support wasn't jacked up and you can get it back on the road soon, man.

3. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Glad your okay and the car is repairable. But what happened?:eek:

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

4. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Someone pulled in front of me. I swerved to avoid and hit a pole.

Instagram.com/fadedlovegarage
    Instagram.com/bigbearchaseme
    Fadedlovegarage.com

5. Fedman

Fedman

Sorry that you had to go through this.
    I am really glad that you are OK, and you can fix your Car.

6. glad your ok man

7. 'Mo

'Mo

That is some impressive repair work! The car is certainly in capable hands.
    (Sweet Chevy, BTW. :cool:)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  8. Man, sucks it happened. Glad you're ok. The repair work looks great so far!

9. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Was it a Big bear? :D

10. Looks like she'll be okay. Who said these cars weren't solid?

11. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

I drove it home after this too.

Fadedlovegarage.com

12. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Let's just say if it was a bear that pulled out in front of mr @327-365hp it would have been a panda.

Fadedlovegarage.com

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Good time to start on that Gasser conversion. :)

14. Can you imagine that happening sans a bumper?

As bad as it is you were fortunate to be able to drive away,,did the other driver stop?

I had a similar experience with a elderly lady pulling out in front of me,,I also swerved to avoid a collision only to hit a telephone pole guide wire,,this resulted in a Joey Chitwood thrill show style roll over,needless to say I didn't drive away but I was able to walk away.

I was fortunate that a Good Samaritan got the tag number of the lady that caused the accident and stopped and helped me get out of the overturned car. HRP

15. gasalley

gasalley
    from East Texas

Man i know how you feel. I just got mine back a few months ago from a accident. Its all fixable and you will be back on the road soon.........

M-

16. Texas62

Texas62
    from Tejas

Unfortunate situation man. Good thing your okay. Nice work.

17. That sucks but glad its fixable. I always wondered if it was best to swerve and have to fix the damage yourself ,or just hit the person who pulls out in front of you and hope they have insurance.

18. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Next time I will aim for driver. Insurance said it was my fault. Lost control of vehicle. Even though the other driver at mutated fault at scene. Did I mention we had the same insurance.

19. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

*atmitted

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It pays to have all that extra room up front. Nice work on the hood.

21. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Man that sucks, glad you were okay and the car was repairable. Could've been worse...

22. waterhorse

waterhorse

You don't need no stinking front bumper.
    Nice work putting it back into shape.

23. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Back in March 2012 I was driving my 66 chrysler newport at about 25 MPH and some lady in a Nissan Sentra REALLLLLLY wanted to go to McDonalds so she turned left out of the center lane right in front of me. I barely had time to get my foot on the brake pedal and I ended up hitting her head on. The force of the impace was so great it literally picked her car up and spun it around so it landed almost parallel to my car. I got out, snuffed my cigarette out and calmly walked over to her car where she was bleeding from her nose, complaining that her back felt funny and she couldnt move her legs. I rendered what aid I could and waited for the EMT's to show up, they took her to the hospital. I was standing there smoking and surveying the damage when a cop came up to me and asked if I was the driver of the blue car. I said yes...he looked at her mangled mess of a tin can and my twisted fender and pushed in bumper and said "so which one do you think was made better?" The tow truck driver offered to tow it home for me and I declined and said "nah, I can drive it home no problem...just give me a knife so I can cut my fan belt." The radiator got pushed into the fan. I cut the belt off, fired her up and to the amazement of the crowd I drove home (three blocks lol) The insurance company ended up totalling the car out after over a month of going back and forth. They decided trying to replace the front subframe was too expensive vs the value of the car. It just goes to show you what a few feet of steel in front of you does vs a few feet of plastic!

Glad you are alright, man...and glad you are getting your ride back into shape!

24. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Nice work on the repair of a VERY UNFORTUNATE accident! I had the same sort of damage to my car recently. But I did have better luck with the insurance company from the sounds of it! Glad to hear your alright! Things can always be worse!

25. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

I suggest you get a lawyer to argue your claim. If the other driver failed to yield right of way to you and you swerved to avoid them, you are certainly not failing to control your vehicle. This is what lawyers are for. Call one soon and do not talk to the insurance adjuster anymore. Lawyers are often the bad end of jokes but at a time like this, one can come in quite handy.
    Glad you were not hurt and that your car can be fixed. By the way, love the layout of the louvers.

26. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

That is the craps....
    But nice job on the re work..
    And yes...insurance sucks...
    Glad you were not hurt too..

27. Model T1

Model T1

So sorry. Strangely many of us feel nearly as badly as you do about this accident. I guess we feel like a piece of our car WAS HARMED. Good luck getting it fixed and the blame put on the other driver.
    I've heard so many wreckless driving stories when others swerve to avoid a worse accident and maybe bodily harm.

28. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Good plan!

29. Butch M

Butch M

Glad your ok