Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deleting threads without reason

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by refried confusion, Nov 5, 2013.

1. refried confusion

refried confusion

I've noticed some threads get deleted without a reason given by the moderators and they will not accept messages asking why, most of these threads fit the forums, why delete them?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You've noticed multiple threads or just your own? Your own was deleted as it featured a contemporary street rod wrapped around a tree. We try really hard to keep this place focused on traditional cars.

Thanks,

Ryan

3. refried confusion

refried confusion

It looked traditional to me, It may have been built in the last 10 years but it wasn't a street rod. What made it non traditional?

4. wheels n tires are the first clue...
    Followed by the Front suspension .

I've given you 2 clues ...

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is a street rod:

[​IMG]

These are traditional hot rods:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm not at all trying to be rude about this, so please don't take it that way. Everyone starts somewhere... I realize that... But if you are really interested about traditional cars, take some time and read up.

7. refried confusion

refried confusion

I've seen lots of modern suspension and wheels on this site without them getting deleted

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

To be honest, I question your judgement a little bit on what constitutes "modern" given you thought that little yellow car was relevant. Like I said, take some time and read up... I think you will be glad you did.

Thanks,

Ryan

9. J53

J53
    from WI

...was a streetrod.

(Seriously though, sorry to hear about those involved)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Model T1

Model T1

I was confused. But now I'm even more confused. :confused:
    Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to see many of those threads deleted.

11. My advice FWIW, move on while you still can and forget about it. HRP

12. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

RC playground RC rules...
    conform or try to follow the 1965 and older ideology.

:cool:

13. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

clarification
    RC<---(Ryan Cochran)

refried confusion not rc (refried confusion )

:cool:

14. I love these "why was I deleted" threads ... Ryan's library of hot rods is so darn cool! LOL

15. Almost worth it to see what the visual aids that the Boss post,,,,right Sam? HRP

16. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Hey Ryan, I did see a thread asking about suspension options on AD trucks and replied to it with all options in use today as I have done a few each way but saw later it had been deleted.

I`m assuming I used the dreaded subframe option, or MII option or was it the, Oh my God! S10 frame option that did it?
    :)

Not being confrontational being it is your ball we`re playing with but I`d like to know if those are boundries crossed even when someone is looking for assistance and advise. School me.

Bill

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, we are kind of slowly narrowing our focus and phasing out topics such as suspension clips...

Thanks,

Ryan

18. Model T1

Model T1

So if we want to see more kool traditional rods never before published all someone has to do is mention putting 2013 Corvette lug nuts on their fibreglas 32 Ford? :rolleyes: Or some similar questions.:eek:

19. I am well aware of the new rules and direction. But didn't think it was getting that strict. From what I understand my avatar, a multiple award winning traditional custom. Even invited by Trace for the LB Motorama... is not welcome here? ???

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If it's a traditional custom it's welcomed man. If it has a clipped front end, just don't feature it.

Congrats on all of your awards. Your trophy case must really be a sight to behold!

21. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

i believe ryan wants the traditional LOOK. if your car is clipped, it's ok. just don't mention it, or showcase it. got efi? keep your hood closed around here. that's how i see it anyway

^^oops. Boss-Man beat me to it!

22. Good enough for me.
    Thanks Ryan.

23. Model T1

Model T1

Ya gotta admit this is not an easy forum to handle. There are some stuborn car guys of every type and we all think our way is the correct way. We tease and torment Ryan and others yet he still gives us a chance to GET IT OR GET OUT.
    So I guess a few should keep their hoods and their mouths shut and enjoy the forum.

24. This was a good lesson in what's a traditional Hotrod. I'm slowly learning.

25. hoodprop

hoodprop

I am slowly learning myself. I like the forum and the changes. I like the fact there is a wealth of knowledge and help here. I think it is simply to follow keep it traditonal and leave the modern stuff unsaid.

26. Screw it. I'm gonna open my hood! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. hoodprop

hoodprop

Chopped that is a very clean and sharp setup. Where did you get the air cleaners I need a set for my truck

28. 63comet

63comet

I've had threads deleted... I do wish the mods would say why more often rather than just asking us to refer to the forum rules. Make it easier to not repeat the same mistakes. I've had to learn to be vague about my engine's doner car, lol.

I'd say your thread was locked because I its age and popularity. A new thread in the same car would probably have been deleted. Accept the little victory.

29. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

:D:p:thumbup:

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Buck stops here on that one and I totally agree with you. I need to do a better job of that... and I hope to improve when I'm not so swamped with this redesign I'm working on.