Register now to get rid of these ads!

blanket run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chipmaker, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Chipmaker

Chipmaker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is the Blanket run at Brownsburg going to be on Dec. 7th this year?

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

3. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Hell yes we'll be there. Trying to shake some cash out of my friends. Blankets or cash Dec. 7th. I'll take anything. I can't wait to see the shirts this year. XXL Large hoodie (1) Large hoodie (1) Large Long sleeve T-shirt (1)

4. paintcan54

paintcan54

Hey guys, a little news, we moved Godspeed rides today to a new building a few miles west of Brownsburg. I will get Thoms new address and post later next week, as I will be in Louisville KY tomorrow at a toy drive. And the new address will be the runs starting place this year.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Is it the 7th? I thought it was the 6th. Tom.

6. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

The Blanket Run is always the first Saturday of Dec. That is the 7th this year. We have new places this year, pretty excited also trophies built by Cold Hard Art. We also have the Clarion Waterfront Hotel for the after party and discounted rooms. There will be a live band and lots of refreshments.

We had over 400 people last year, with overt 700 blankets donated.

Understand that with every good thing, there are some people that always try and skirt by. You must donate a blanket to get a map and a free lunch ticket.

Keep updated by checking www.godspeedrides.com and The Blanket Run facebook page.

Thank you
    Thom

Attached Files:

7. dan sutton

dan sutton

I found a few websites ( not Godspeeds) online that was stating that the blanket run was on the 6th. I didn't think there was a chance they were havng it on a Friday so I called Thom and he confirmed the 7th. Don't know where these sites came up up with the wrong date. Getting a new knee on the 25th but my son is driving the truck with me as a navigator (I hope).

8. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

What are the sources, so I can let them know the correct date.

9. Great run for a great cause plus the after party has some killer bands.

10. dan sutton

dan sutton

Thom
    The Flyer Group .com was one of them. It came up on a search

11. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

You realize that was from 2008? I am sure there are past Blanket Runs online. I have not been able to google anything about this years besides my own website.

12. You guys make sure you take your camera with fresh battery's,,as I recall,several years ago there were some great photos,,and snow!

There is no doubt you guys are hard core. :eek::)HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  13. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Things are shaping up great for The Blanket Run, 11 years now and still growing. I would like to thank all those that participate and I always look forward to seeing everyone.

The new address for the starting point is:

1156 East County Road 800 North
    Pittsboro, Ind 46167

This is the new home to GodSpeed Rides. Lots more room and no more rent. Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you at 8am on Dec. 7th.

Thom

14. 29aah1

29aah1
    from Indiana

Dick, Saturday 7th
    New Address:
    1156 E. 800 N.
    Pittsboro, IN 46167

15. paintcan54

paintcan54

A bump for the Blanket Run

16. Can't wait to see the new place thom.

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

always a good time

18. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Thats my A following Scott in his roadster. Made a tight ass ride on bias plys for sure....doesnt look like my wipers were working very well either......:eek:l

19. paintcan54

paintcan54

5 days away, be sure to have your blankets. This is for a great cause, helping people in need. Hope to see a lot of H.A.M.B. people there.

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

may need snow tires this year

21. 29aah1

29aah1
    from Indiana

Temps Saturday may be in the 20's....GREAT day for the Blanket Run !!!!

22. bunker hill bullet

bunker hill bullet
    from indiana

Tomorrow is the big day. Come on out and have some fun for a great cause!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Charge you your camera battery's,,This looks like a great run and and supports a worth cause.

I look forward to the photos from the Blanket Run every year. HRP

24. Blankets loaded alarm set

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

anybody go? I got up, it was 10 degrees outside, took the blanket & went back to bed. I'll donate the money to the Red Kettle:)

26. I was hoping everything would go as planned,lack of photos kind of hints it didn't happen this year. HRP

27. bunker hill bullet

bunker hill bullet
    from indiana

It went on as planned and was a great time. Rooman was in attendance with camera in tow. I'm sure he will be posting some soon. Around here a little cold weather isn't gonna stop most people!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. rooman

rooman

As requested here are some pix from yesterday's run.
    Due to the freezing temperatures Tom had to roll a couple of customer cars out of his new and somewhat smaller (for now) Pittsboro shop so that the participants could get inside for coffee and donuts. This year's turnout was a little less than past events due to the weather which had some potential players from southern locales having to turn back due to iced up roads[​IMG]

Even with the cold a number of players still drove their hot rods although there were no roadsters (Where were you Scott Linder?)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our first stop was Bruce Litton's place right across the road from Indianapolis Raceway Park. As well as racing a T/F dragster Bruce also has a great car collection that includes a number of mid/late 60's big block stick shift cars (mainly 2 door posts). The inside of the building replicates the main street frontage of his home town of Onieda, TN. The looking down photos were taken from the top of the Mobil gas station and there is also Western Auto store over a Chevrolet dealership. You can just see the Stingray bike collection in the upstairs window in the photo with the early Suburbans.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Litton's we went to Dustin (Von Dust) Cooper's body shop. Unfortunately Dustin was rushed to the hospital earlier in the day with what turned out to be a collapsed lung but his shop foreman and later his dad John were on hand to show us around. The custom Lincoln is John's.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After lunch at Red and Bonnie Bledsoe's place (did not think that you needed to see a bunch of pics of us eating hot dogs) we rolled on to the Andretti Indycar shop on the northwest side of Indianapolis. The surgically clean shop had everyone amazed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pavement sprint car is ready to go to the PRI trade show which starts next Thursday and is driven by another of the third generation of Andretti racers, John's son.
    [​IMG]
    Our last stop was at Mo's Antiques in Lebanon just northwest of Indy. Mo's former gas station was crowded and I was too busy looking at the cool stuff that he has on sale there so no pix, sorry.

Last year I took a photo of Tom and Heather at Red's that was very well received by them so we did it again this year.
    [​IMG]

Roo

29. Looks like a pretty good turn out,,thanks for taking the time to post all the photos. HRP