Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects COE build thread - "Git r' done"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kscarguy, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You got too much stuff!!!!!!!!!!! I'll send a truck and store a load at my place for you. LOL

2. Hi Mike
    Well you could have left it in St Louis, nobody said you had to take it with you, or did they !!!

Seeya
    Bill

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Ready for a garage sale! ;)

4. sorry about the co-pilot; it is really hard. good lookin pup and COE. that garage looked very nice; and im sure it will again once you finish movin in. i dont know if i missed it but where did u end up?

5. kscarguy

kscarguy

We ended up renting a house in Bonner Springs KS, while we search for a house to buy.

Newest COE news: My buddy, who has a LARGE shop used to work on semi's...needs the Chevy 4 speed trans setup that I have in my garage, and I need help (and room) to get my COE bed welding/painting finished so we are going to try to work out a deal...Hey, that would also be one less thing in the garage too! I wonder if he has a forklift???

FYI - The dog is still hanging in there. She's lying here on the floor running and barking in her sleep...must be chasing the squirrels out of the neighborhood again. Maybe she's chasing mopars too.

6. kscarguy

kscarguy

I attempted to repair my rough running engine. I don't claim to be an engine guy.

I found at least two badly burned plug wires so I replaced them all...it still ran rough...SO THEN I adjusted one loose rocker arm...it still ran rough. I then tried pulling plug wires one at a time off the distributor and found one that did nothing...Bad spark plug?

I guess I'll replace all the spark plugs and adjust all the valves. If it still runs bad, the only other thing I can think of is a bad distributor cap or a gremlin in the engine...

7. daddio211

daddio211

Bad timing chain?

8. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

everythings bad car guy ... i will come over and take the whole mess off your hands.

what did the neighbors say when you showed up? some guys were probably saying kewl, while their wives were saying .. you just stay away from there.

9. kscarguy

kscarguy

18436572 is firing order...3 wire was burned very bad, and number 6 cylinder is not firing. Could it be a bad cap from crossover spark inside cap?

Neighbor guys have not seen the truck. I showed up when they were all at work and it has been hidden ever since. Their ex-wives and daughters are all over me, showing up in skimpy clothes and begging for a "ride"... oh, they like the truck too. ha!

10. C.G

C.G
    from AL.

The ex-wives and barely legal daughters may not be thrilled when they see your burned wire and non firing 6" cyl... ;)

11. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Great work, the truck is super! Love it!

12. kscarguy

kscarguy

Working on swapping all the valve springs on the 406 SBC. I broke one on the drive across Missouri. My bad for running used springs.

Net issue will be to fix the 700R4 that has a very fast shift from 2nd to 3rd. (only about a one second delay in 2nd and then shifts into 3rd. Anyone have any ideas why? (TV cable is adjusted correctly)

13. Hi Mike
    At least you got to drive yours across the state, the day I got mine Licensed/registered was the day the engine gave up, after 7 days of trying to start it we gave up, I pulled the 302C out today and will hopefully be fitting the 351C I had sitting on my shop floor tomorrow.

Seeya
    Bill

14. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I am by no means a transmission expert, but I had a 700 do about the same thing. Turned out the fly weights on the governor were stuck. I replaced it and all was good..
    [​IMG]

15. kscarguy

kscarguy

I am leaning towards the governor too...but it could be a bad or wrong spring in the valve body. I need to talk to my trans guy. I would post a thread on this, but I am worried that kind of thread could be killed because overdrive transmissions are not "traditional".

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

first time reading some of your build thread after seeing on your other post that youd found a place at least for the moment. truck is looking cool, wish id known you ended up in bonner springs i was over in Leavenworth killing a couple hours waiting for my wife to get off work a couples days ago i would have taken a little drive and checked out the COE

I'm sure we'll run into each other some other time though, good luck with your progress :)

17. kscarguy

kscarguy

I almost pulled it out to take a drive last week when the weather was still decent. I have not really tested the motor since I replaced all the valve springs. I'll have it out in the spring and try my best to run the tires off it. I'll have it in Belton for sure.

On a different note...I lost my beloved dog Addie to cancer on Friday. I cannot begin to tell you how much time she spent with me while I worked on this project.

18. Sorry to hear. Enjoy the memories of the time spent, she'll still be your copilot.
    RB

19. So sorry about your dog . Lost mine this last year and it was hard . She went everywhere with me . She was 16 . Blue

Attached Files:

20. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry, I know how it feels, and it is not a good feeling. Time will change things, but it never goes away. You will always have the memories.

21. Hi Mike
    Sorry to hear about your co pilot. It does get easier over time,
    but have a drink to celebrate the good times you had with your dog.

Guess you will just have drive around on your own for a little while

regards
    Bill

22. C.G

C.G
    from AL.

Very sorry to hear about Addie. Someday you'll be reunited and she will be healthy and happy.

23. captmullette

captmullette

sorry for your loss, they are our family.......missed everyday

24. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Sorry to hear of your loss.Have lost many over the decades.It NEVER gets easier.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

You gave her a long happy life, that's better than most people can offer.

26. JCsnub

JCsnub
    from California

Truly sorry for your loss, they are part of our hearts and family, would hate to lose my sweet Fiona.
    Keep your head up and good luck.

Attached Files:

27. kscarguy

kscarguy

Thanks everyone, for your kind words...

JC Snub, you have made me wonder if our trucks look like our dogs...? :)

28. daddio211

daddio211

29. JCsnub

JCsnub
    from California

You might be right, but I can live with that as long as she doesn't look like her owner, lol :)

30. JCsnub

JCsnub
    from California

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.