Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tanks Inc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mink, Apr 9, 2013.

1. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I have 2 of them in my 40's, no problems

2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I have used there tanks in at least 5 different cars and would buy another one tomorrow. They have an excellent product. Gary

3. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I have one no problems.

4. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I have one in my 47 Ford and have had no problems.

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I talked to them on the phone a couple of days ago, looking for some pieces for a tank that has been kicking around for a while; which is new. They don't stock parts for older tanks. So if you need something later, they might not be able to help you. I was looking for a clamp for a Model A saddle tank; which they have redesigned the mounting system on.

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

I've used Tank, Inc. and Rock Valley both company's are great. used the ploy tank from Tanks and a stainless from ock Valley.

CRUISER :cool:

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i've got two metal ones from them with no problems.

8. 5window

5window

Since they were sold and moved, maybe they got rid of old inventory? Plus, if I made tanks, I'd keep parts that might need to be replaced. I probably wouldn't stock a clamp. Inventory that doesn't move=profit sitting on your shelf, not in the bank,plus you have to pay taxes on it every year.

9. mink

mink
    from CT

I went to the Rocky Valley site and am impressed with their tanks being all SS but their pictures of their product are not clear. And there are no prices. How do they compare?

I appreciate all the feed back

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  10. maniac

maniac

The stainless tanks are nice, but pretty pricey

11. mink

mink
    from CT

Whats pricey? 300,500 600? more?

12. Cruiser

Cruiser

I had Rock Valley make me a tank for a '49 Caddy, no one else made a tank for this car. Every car would be a different price, mine for the Caddy was $900. plus shipping. Didn't like the price, I needed the tank and the work on the tank was fantastic, happy but less coin in the pockets. :D

CRUISER :cool:

13. maniac

maniac

14. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Used several from Tanks. 1 in my '52 Chevy and 1 in my '32 Ford. A-1 Customer service and high quality product.

15. 29woodie

29woodie
    from boston, ma

Did you end up buying one? I've got one on my 1930 runabout. Very nice quality as far as I can see. They are a bit bigger than the stock tank, hanging lower and wider by 2 or so inches on each side so they are fairly close to the rear springs. Other than that, good.

16. Put one in my '41, perfect fit.
    I'd buy from them again.

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought one from Tanks, Inc. for my '36. Quality was good, but the filler pipe was different from the original and the sending unit was located in a slightly different area, which required cutting the stock floor opening for access and making a new access panel. Not a big deal, since it's going to be a hot rod, but I'd be bummed if I was building a stocker. Don't understand why they just can't make it the same as the original.............

18. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

I need a replacement tank and modern sending unit for my '50 dodge pickup....do they make tanks for old mopars?

19. Frank32

Frank32

Have one in my 32 Ford, works great for me.

Attached Files:

20. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Google "Tanks, Inc." and look it up. They have a good web site.

21. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I bought one for my '40 Coupe back in 2000. It is all stainless, 20 gallons with interior baffles. $500. in 2000. Was expensive but has been great.

22. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I just bought and installed one last month in my 53 chevy, I found it on ebay for a good price, $200 w/ new straps, hardware and free shipping!, its good quality, nice fitment, my only complaints are it did not have a drain plug and the fuel line fitting was larger than stock so I had to get a reducer for the fuel line. which isn't a deal breaker.

P.s. Speedway Motors had a replacement tank for the same price but wanted an additional $150 to ship it. the TANKS ink tank did have a 2 piece neck and the speedway tank had a one piece neck, that was the reason for the shipping difference.

Godspeed
    MrC.

23. hipermax

hipermax
    from NC

I put a 15 gallon in my 64 c10, came with everything I needed and they answered all my questions on pump choices!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!