Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Fenderwell header pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Sep 24, 2013.

1. drumyn29

drumyn29

where can I get a set of those?

2. drumyn29

drumyn29

these

3. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

4. Here is a Dragfast collector. I have a pair I would like to use on something one day

[​IMG]

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Those are the coolest thing I've seen all day!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

BUMP!!!
    hell I wanna see more!!

7. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Hookers for a Chevy II
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chrome hookers on our '56
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 327Eric

327Eric

These are the same headers SmokinBill pictured above, with shortened collectors, and the rearward drivers side tube modified, on My 55 Studebaker[​IMG]

9. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I had a set of hooker super comp fenderwells on my 66 deuce. I miss that damn car, never should have sold it! Oh well never look back right?

10. that Nova is too nice, must be a model by Revell or something haha

very nice work!

11. CGkidd

CGkidd

Dragfast was a Seattle based company I believe there is a local guy up here that is making the Oval block offs and some round ones.

12. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Let's see some more!

13. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Here's a mock up pic of my Henry J with some swap meet Chevy II headers.

Attached Files:

14. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

So what are you guys using for header coatings? I really wanna do mine white..

15. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I know fender well headers are the "in thing" these days with the revitalization of the gasser wars, but if a body is going to run exhausts pipes off the collectors back under the frame IMO inside the frame headers look a lot cleaner. Nothing says poser to me more than some guy with a big old set of fender well headers caped off with a exhaust hanging down under the frame rails.

So if I were going to run fender well headers, I would ether run my headers open with baffles or run my exhaust back on the outside of the frame.

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Guess I am a poser, and was also when I ran my C/G '55 Chevy back in the late 60's with exhaust system hooked up for street duty. There were far more cars doing dual duty back in the 60's that had exhaust hooked to their fenderwell headers than there were strictly strip with them? And isn't a baffle inside as much a poser as an exhaust system? Afterall, they aren't REALLY open, they will just look that way.

17. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I understand having exhaust pipes. I just don't understand having them run under the frame rails where they stick out like a sore thumb. I'm just suggesting running them on the outside of the rails.

As far as posing, did your 55 have a non functioning fuel tank stuck on the front? ;)

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I would rather see the exhausts inside the frame rails, or below, than on the outside, below the rockers where you see all the ugly mufflers, etc. I ran them inside the frame rails on my Austin and my Falcon, and even painted them flat black on the Falcon so they would not be as highly visible behind my ladder bars. Going from the collector to inside the frame rails is what everyone did if they wanted a good looking installation. Leaving them outside the frame rails is what guys did if they were on a budget, or cutting corners.
    No, my '55 did not have a Moon tank at all, but what's that got to do with fenderwell headers? Since my '55 saw much more street use, and high octane fuel could be pumped right into your tank back then, I didn't see a reason to add more weight up front.
    Kinda sounds like you're basing what you like on what your particular car has.

19. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Well of course I have my car the way I prefer, everyone should. why be so defensive, you like them one way, I like them another, isn't that cool!

I noticed the "dream gasser" has the exhaust run on the outside of the rails. But they are painted white all the way back. I like the design but I would have gone with black on the exhaust pipes themselves.

I sure wish I had realized the cars with the exhaust on the outside of the rails were low budget builds, hell I would have bought this pile but I didn't realize I could have afforded it. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm not sure why, but you seem to be a bit of a antagonist Moon Rocket? I saw nothing in my reply that came off as "defensive". Was it because I described how I ran my exhausts, or?
    And I thought most people would also understand the difference between low budget outside the frame rails (under the rockers) and a ceramic coated high end exhaust, regardless of where it's run? Maybe I assumed too much.

21. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These are Stahl up-sweep dragster headers I was able to turn up-side down and fit on to my '40 Ford. Don't rule this kind out if you find some.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      452 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      387.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  22. BBQ black paint with headers I built here in the garage

[​IMG]

Thanks for pointing out I'm such a poser, Dick........Tracy

[​IMG]

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lmao!
    Clearly you're no poser Swade.....just curious: What kind of E.T. We're you running in the Henry J when it yanked the wheels like that...?

If I had the room,and a car that had fenders(haha),I would prefer to run fender well headers every time,because they look so badass,they probably make more power with those long,flowing primary tubes,and its so much easier to install something that isnt sandwiched between the block,starter,steering box,and frame rails,and doesn't require my fat ass to squirm around underneath the car for half the job....lol

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

24. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

I have 2 different styles.

Attached Files:

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

I freakin' LOVE that Vicky!!!Ive actually got half a dozen pics of that car saved on my iPad.Nice job!
    That ol 57 looks pretty serious too!
    So did you fab up those headers?

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  26. Low 7's in the 1/8 but I've seen cars running a second slower that did a better job. It's all in how you set the car up and I'm jealous of guys that can hang and carry them out there.

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

Low 7's translates to middle 11's in the quarter,doesn't it...?Thats pretty good for a guy who's last name isn't Rockefeller!:)

Scott

28. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Whose headers are on the car now?

Fearing the worst, what motor is in the car?
    (hope I don't swallow my gum)

Attached Files:

29. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I think he said it was a small block Mopar in the Dart.

30. 33 Dodge

33 Dodge

These are Sanderson headers on my 55. I like how the collectors are tucked up. Very simple design. As far as header paint goes, I used Vht rattle can. But cooked them in a powder coat oven at 400 for about 45min. Makes the paint much more durable.

image.jpg