Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chassis Research style dragster/Comp Coupe build flathead powered

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dragsled, Nov 20, 2011.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

The trouble with you Bruce is your sense of humor is just as warpped as mine so it's hard to tell when your jokeing:D We use coloring agent for concrete work at the zoo ,so when I mix my homebrew up I'll make sure it's a " Spanish Mocha" color :D,,, Tim Jones

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Carl, I was cleaning out the welders saws today to get some metal grindings to mix in my brew, a few of the Block filler companys talk about having powdered metal in their stuff to help with heat displacement, I figure metal saw grindings can't hurt:eek:,, Tim Jones

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Gee Tim you make it sound like this motor is going to stay together forever, next thing is that your going to paint the inside of the block too.

The race story is completely true, only the names have been changed to protect the guilty

4. There is a lot of metal in the Moroso stuff Tim. can't hurt, the stuff they use is almost a powder I mean really finely ground..........
    dreracecar... yep ifn Tim goes too much on the blower and juice it just might go ooopps...

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Don't race car motors last forever??:D , No paint in the motor for me, Years ago knew a Super Stock racer that always painted the inside of his blocks until he killed the bearings with paint chips :eek: And thats a true one also,,, Tim Jones

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

The project is coming along nicely, keep pushing on!

7. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Don't get too attached to RACE CAR ENGINE. :D

8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks ,,Pushing on is all I know how to do:D Tim Jones

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

No problem with that,, When working on the fuel cars we made sacrifices to the Alumnium gods every weekend:eek:, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

10. Tim, Lippy would be a good one for you to chat with. He is down in Kansas. He and his brother Leon have been running A/Fuel FEDs for a while. Lippy is a good shit!!

11. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Justin , I've talked to Lippy before ,He bought my friend RC Williams, Cherokee Warrior Funny Car a few years back he told me he sold it though, and doing the dragster deal now,, Tim Jones

12. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Those are some good pics and looks like some good times too!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Your right about the good times Robert, Worked your ass off, long hours, low pay, lived in motels or the truck , I wouldn't trade those days for anything:),, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  14. You forgot the fun part Tim!!!

[​IMG]

15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hey tim, havent talked to you in awhile, good to see your still pluggin away on the car!

16. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Well you still have the low pay and you still sleep under trucks:D so you got that going for ya:eek:

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Good to hear from you Rich ,, How's your car coming along,, Tim Jones

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great Pic Justin:D:D:D

19. rooman

rooman

Not sure about Forrest though. LOL

Roo

20. HAHA!!! Keith, he is a "different" breed, isn't he? Forrest is a great guy. Haven't seen him since. This was the last race I have been to, Indy 2010.

Was that the year you had the towing issue with your car Keith? I loved that car!!

21. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Been busy moving Beth in But still finding time to work on the car,, She was looking at my blower setup and asked if she could build a manifold for a smaller 4-53 blower I had to use on the motor thats in the car , I said sure if you want to do the work, also it will have to have a drive made and some other stuff to use it, She said NO PORBLEM!!,She asked Garrett who helps me with my welding to teach her how to tig weld it together, BTW she's never touched a welder before:D,,, Kinda nice to have someone so eager to do the work it takes to build these cars:D, Here's some pics of her work so far, First up was makeing a base and matching the ports on the runners,, I had some extra runner tubes left from building my intake, she had to cut out the plates for the Pleunm box and tack it together til Garrett could work with her, I showed her some basic stuff to start with,,, Enjoy the pics,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

22. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Another quick pic, I wanted to take a better look at the cylinder walls on the good block so I ran a hone through them, and of course my one woman pit crew/driver wanted to learn how this was done:D, By the time this things done , I'll be able to just sit back in a chair between rounds:rolleyes:,,, Well I better get out there and get my braces fitted by the trans, Too bad my Crew is at work today:(,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Damn Tim you and Carl got it made with pit crew/driver help all I have is the flatcad crew and we all know how that works lmao especially when buddy is shifting lol anyway looks like your gonna have a Bitchin new motor just wanted to make sure you know that 4-53 blower has to have oil pressure fed to the bearing plates I ran one on a small block Chevy it worked good its basically the same thing as the 144 weiand or b&m blowers the one you have has no bearings in it the end plates are just machined for oil feed clearance

Chrome don't get ya home

24. Damn Tim, Beth is a "keeper"...... Great job Beth!

25. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks ,This setup will be for the old motor,, From what I've been able to find on these it's just the two oil feed lines on the front and rear plates?, I figured it was a low boost deal and won't kill a bunch of parts;) plus if it does,, Beth will fix it:D,, Tim Jones

26. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

That's true Carl ,, in more ways than one ,she's an animal keeper also came with a bunch of birds 2 dogs and a horse:eek: I call it her one horsepower hayburner, luckly we live in the boonies :D Tim Jones

27. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

With the right pulley combo on it it will build more boost than you think I had a 283 and with the drive ratio I had it would put 12 lbs of boost to the ol dog anyway you just need one pressure line into each end plate and a drain from the cover plates back into the engine I used the oil fill tube in the front of the intake for a return it worked well I ended up putting a 4-71 on it just cause I came across a deal and was able to sell the 4-53 setup to pay for it

Chrome don't get ya home

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Just catching up Tim, looking great! Rocky

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Rocky ,, What's new on the twin,,, Tim Jones

30. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA