Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fiberglass Topolino Body?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pacsh, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I have searched high and low for somewhere to buy a "stock" 1-piece fiberglass Topolino body, but with no results.

I've heard of a few places like Rod 'n Race, but they usually don't have a website, or only make chopped/stretched bodies.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it

2. rooman

rooman

3. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

Only problem is that everything is chopped 5", or its the intricate (and expensive) "street" body with all the bells and whistles.

Im just looking for the entire thing as one piece, unchopped. Plain and simple

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There is currently a steel body and doors on that auction site we all know and love. Eagle-fiberglass.com has what your looking for I think (does't appear chopped). Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

That body appears to be the right one, but the link is dead. Leads to an unused domain.

I'll try giving them a holler. Meanwhile, if anyone else finds anything else, please don't hesitate to post it

6. LZ

LZ

Pacsh:

Rod and race does make a standard body.
    Also Suncoast in your area.. At least there catalog shows an unchopped.
    http://suncoastracecars.com/ROADSTERcatalog.pdf

Wish I was home. Am a Fiat nut and have a folder of information. There was someone I remember that had one.:confused:
    Good luck
    Luke

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

8. storm king

storm king

Just be aware you are probably going to have a crap load of work to make a 'glass body straight and right. I've seen a few of them, not all, so I can't speak to all of the companies out there, but the one's I've been involved with have been horrible. The roof between the "A" pilars bowed in 3 or 4 inches…the doors had been welded shut beofre the mold was taken off one, and the welds were molded right into the body, crap like that. I know there was one company doing complete or kit street Topo's a few years ago, with opening doors and all, and they looked nice. But they all look nice in promotional literature...

9. Wanted to let you know that Class Glass & Performance is currently making a mold for the stock Fiat body. It will be complete by the end of November. There is a picture of the plug on our web site www.classglassperformance.com.
    Bob

10. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Give Scott or Zack at ScottRods a call, Im sure he would have something. They make nice stuff.

11. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

This is the body from our Fiat stock body mold, This is the closest thing to and original body I have, I thru in the Sedan Delivery pic cause it's just Cool.

And this is unchopped.

And my bodies are very nice, that's why all my stuff comes in Gloss Black Gelcoat,

Scott

Attached Files:

12. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Here is a shot of one of our race bodies, it is still in Gel Coat ,it's never been painted.

Attached Files:

• bod1.jpg
      bod1.jpg
      File size:
      122.7 KB
      Views:
  13. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Our Sedan Delivery.

Attached Files:

14. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I'd actually prefer it to be all one solid piece, without fake door channels/vents/etc. I know there has to be someone out there who is still making them.

Thanks for a personal reply, but I'm just not interested in your product. Like I said above, Im looking for one solid piece, and I don't care about the little details

15. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

PACSH......The body you are looking for can be had from Class Glass in Maryland.... If you want a body like the Mondello Car * the Danny Townsand Car * Burkholders Car * Randy Bradfords Car etc... aka A True Blue Nostalgia Topolino race car body from back in the day, then you need to contact Class Glass.......... I know the nostalgic PLUG that the mold is made from.... Its the correct height, length, windshield openings, door window openings, roof opening, body seams, front end etc.... I touched it, I leaned on it, my cigarette ashes fell on it, I saw it with my own two eyes.... Its the Real Deal!

16. 2racer

2racer

17. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

The picture of the Fiat with the doors on it is a one piece body ,the mudracer that ordered it from us had us add the groove to give it a door jamb look,

Thanks for checking us out !

Scott

18. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

Attached Files:

19. Pasch:
    I have bought and sold a BUNCH of used & new Fiat bodies over the years,both glass and steel.

I currently have a glass Fiat that built before 1965..It was likely Sold by Cal Automotive,way back when.

It weighs around 80 LBS..one piece,unchopped..

The best bodies I have seen available NOW,are ScottsRods..Don't know what his weigh,but considerably less than mine,but they are as straight and accurate as any !

Don't shoot your foot off buying a POS you won't be happy with.

Rick

20. rooman

rooman

If you take a good look at the cars that ran back in the day you will find that they had the same door opening lines etc as the Class Glass body as well as the stock profile version that Scott makes. If you don't like them fill them in and quit whining about it. The Class Glass body is exactly the same as what was used in the 60's/70's and you won't find anything better.

Roo

21. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Now I just have to wait for them to go into production.

Thanks a lot!

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

hey Scott, I met you at the Hot Rod Reunion this year with Rich Venza. You make a REAL nice product.
    -Brad

23. 1gearhead

1gearhead

In case you were interested I have a Steel original Fiat Topolino body that is for sale. Call me at (562) 789-8813.

Attached Files:

24. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Here's a few pics today of our Fiat One piece body, You can order it with or without the Hood/Grill attached.

Scott
    www.scottrodscustom.com

Attached Files:

25. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Side shot without the nose.

Scott

Attached Files:

26. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

Yippieee * Yahooooo *

To Those Of You Who Were Looking For The Nostalgic, Stock ONE PIECE Topolino RACE CAR BODY.....

The Class Glass Performance Nostalgia Race Car Bodies Are Now Ready For Sale.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first body is out of the mold and can be seen on the Class Glass web site...... Finally, for the first time in 28 years, we now can buy a 100% nostalgic & correct, One Piece Topolino Race Car body just like the Townsend, Burkholder cars etc...etc...... Ill place my order for a new body before this year is out, cant wait.

Class Glass Performance
    http://www.classglassperformance.com/stock fiat.html

Attached Files:

27. kennkat

kennkat

Calautomotivefiberglass.com - if it suits you we have the original "Cal Auto" Curt Hamilton molds... see our ad in the "Hamb-o-Dex"