Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Anyone know the stock backspacing on the wheels of a '65?

TIA, JH

2. here's mine......so far I've wire brushed the inside then epoxy primed it, replaced lower door skins and door bottoms,fixed rot in floor, replaced windshield rubber, new master cylinder,cleaned gas tank, replaced sending unit float,new horn relay, button and spring.2nd hand headlight switch,used thermostat housing, new thermostat,added a overflow tank,tune up, 4 new tires,..you get it the drift, the usual stuff. Most of the bugs are worked out with exception as to where the oil is leaking from.....
    oh yea ,she's a 1965 ford falcon econoline van....you can see the falcon name on the passenger's door....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

droppedstepside likes this.
  3. Solid looking van!

What kinda carburetor is that?

JH

4. JH, the carb is a Tomco rebuilt....Holley carb, '68-'70
    www.tomco-inc.com
    Tomco
    7208A Weil Ave.
    St. Louis, MO,63119

5. Does any one know where to get a headliner for a 62 pickup. I cant find anything that will bend enough to make a new one. Thanks.

6. Thanks but I was looking more for the fiberboard ? piece that the fabric can be glued to.

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Look for trucks that are being parted out on ebay and send the seller a message. I think that the headliners for 61-67 vans and pickups are all the same. The placement of the dome light might vary, but I doubt it.

8. I copied my broken one onto 1/4 wood . Not perfect but looks lots better then the sagging old one.

9. rekd65

rekd65

Well Ill be!

Just found the Econo Thread, very cool. Used to be on the yahoo groups for these old rides but seems yahoo don't like me anyomore... Or I'm too old and computer illierate too figure out why I can't get back in????
    But heres the wife's and my ride/rides. Started out that it was just going to be a few months and a few hundred bux... 3 yrs and 4 -5000 its a very very cool ride...

Disc brakes
    Ford 250cid
    C4
    8.8 rear end
    Power locks
    pwr windows....
    26mpg at 2750 rpm at 60mph

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  10. Wheels ,before and after
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. dirttoo

dirttoo

I like them both!

12. calie100

calie100

Some pix of the E100 pick-up after paint and body. Needs a little love in the interior. Gets lots of thumbs up on the road.
    Andy

Attached Files:

13. mothradeath

mothradeath

im still chipping away at mine. mustang clip is finally in. must....keep.....going.
    [​IMG]

14. calie100

calie100

Chainsaw, I like both sets of rims.
    Mothradeath, looks like you got the hard stuff done. I like them low.

15. Thanks, I like them low too but at best mines only going to come down 1 to 2 inches.

16. Great thread. Glad to see the mustang suspension installed. keep going...

17. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

After a brief stint with a new owner, my old van is back in my hands. Unfortunately, I'm strapped for cash and it needs to go.

Check it out in the classifieds (1965 Ford Falcon Van) and show your friends. It really needs a good home!

18. evobuilder

evobuilder

so... just bought this
    [​IMG]

and I need some help with two things.... first off, can I find gas tanks anymore?
    Second.... I need a new carb for the 200 six cyl and noticed on ebay, 1 bbls are going for 300-400.... should I be running a 1 bbl? Should be running a 2 bbl? Any brands recommended?

Thanks and glad to find this forum.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duraspark II ignition, and a Weber 32/36, or a 38/38, on a Classic Inlines adapter, will make a noticeable difference in power. If the DS II won't fit under the cover, then a just prior to DS conventional distributior, with a Pertronix Ignitor.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  20. Hellfish

Hellfish

I love that paint scheme!

1. Are you sure it's a 200? If so, it was swapped in. There's a Ford Falcon 6 club with a forum online that has lots of great info on hopping up old Ford 6s. They might have some carb suggestions. In the meantime, can you just rebuild yours? Dickster here on the HAMB does nice carb work, too.

2. No one makes gas tanks for Econolines. So, you can either boil out and seal yours, or for about the same amount of money, buy a new Mustang tank (about $100) and modify it. I've covered this in other posts, but buy a repopped 1965-67ish 15gallong Mustang tank (or 69-70 20 gal) and modify it so that it's a has a side fill instead of a top fill. When I did mine, I cut off the parts from the original tank and had them welded onto a new tank.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

Get the Mustang sending unit while you're at it. It will work with your stock Econoline guage.

22. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Question for the early Econoline gurus here. When did Ford make the change on front axles from a hub with drum pressed on, and a hub with separate drum? I've got an unknown year Econoline front axle in my '63 Falcon, and the drums are separate, but my buddy's van axle has drums pressed on the hub.

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yours may have just been separated/modified by a previous owner. 61-67 Econoline axles and hubs are all the same.

24. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

[​IMG]never tried posting pix before, hopefully I get more than the dreaded red X. My 63 pickup, bought 4 months ago. Ex military vehicle, still has the nomenclature tag on the dash, future plans include a V8

25. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

26. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

Have most of the major rust outs fixed, kinda shooting for a "gasser" "wheelstander" look.

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Thanks! I've asked a few people with Econolines, and nobody could answer my question. My hub is also smaller diameter on the outside measurement. When we swapped his to disc brakes, the Aerostar rotors wouldn't clear the hub diameter, and we had to have them turned down to fit inside the rotor.

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

Will it actually be a gasser or wheelstander, or will it be a fake?