Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Jak'd up Kustoms 56 caddy build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakdupkustoms, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Let's see the updates! On the edge of my seat lol

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Looking great, love body line on bottom.
    Great choice on colors.

3. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's where I am as of now. Working on wiring with Rebel wire 12 circuit harness. Everything soldered and heat shrink with chinese finger torture type wire loom (p.i.t.a. but looks nice). Got brakes all plumbed and got a couple leaks I need to take care of, rear wheel cylinders. Its also nice to know that I can take the rear wheels of without dropping my whole rear suspension, just have to deflate rear tires. Painted dash just so I can have something to look at with some other color than primer. Got some more stuff back from powdercoat, mostly little things. Ran into a lil situation with the 500 and the alternator not being able to drive water pump because of the old smog pump but a lil cuttin and a weldin solved that. Call me crazy but at this point I'm pretty busy at work with customers cars that I kinda just want to get this together so I can do a lil cruisin round. I try to do a lil body work and iron some things out while driving it a lil. Oh, also got exhaust all done went with mellowtone steelpacks sounds great. just stopped in front of rear diff. for now till I get rear bumper installed, then I will run through that. Rear driveline done and installed with a CV joint for smooth flyin. 2.80 ring and pinion. Power steering all done. Next up Coolant fans and hoses. Gonna have to get creative because the radiator is lower than the engine. Then I can put front fenders and hood on and see what this thing is all about.

4. RATCAD

RATCAD

man i love this thread......, very inspiring..... hats off to ya mate!!!!

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing where this ends up.

6. 4444Design

4444Design

massive car - looking forward to any updates

7. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Thanks guys I'll try to be more up to date with my posts. But you know how it goes. Work work work.

8. Looking good bro. Like your progress

9. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

Thanks for the update lookin good

10. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I decided to chop it, just drove me crazy. Went with 1.25 in front and 1.5 in rear. Now I just need to tackle the rear window situation,and try to keep all the trim. I think the profile looks a ton better. Don't want a drastic chop but just didn't like how the roof line was so far off of the door line. So I split the difference. Im gonna sink rear window corners and tilt a lil. Hopefully trim wont be too much of a p.i.t.a. to get to look right. Its amazing how far the misalignment is with just that little of a chop. Ill try to keep posted. Thx.

11. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Fuck yea

Jake

12. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Lookin good, can't wait to see more pic's

13. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

So all and all after a ton of grindin and gettin things to where i wanted them to look right I ended up taking 1.25 out of the front and about 1.75 out of the rear. Blah blah caddys dont need to be chopped, but I think it looks better. Just moved the rear window a lil so I could keep it stock. I should be able to make all the trim work and go back on. Braced up the inside with some 1x2 square tubing to keep integrity. Just gotta make a couple filler pieces for the corners. So far shaving the drip rails seems to be a P.I.T.A. rusty inside the roof with a big gap. Well see how that goes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Damn sorry for the ginormous pics mobile uploads are uploading at a different size than normal. Ill see if I can fix later.

15. squeaky32

squeaky32

its looking great. cant wait to see this thing finished.

16. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Looking great.

Jake

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Just goes to show that "looks" can be improved on...didn't think I'd like your Caddy chopped but you've used enuff restraint to keep it from looking like a radical out-of-proportion chop like some I've seen...like I've said previously, Cadillacs should be CLASSY...and you've improved on the overall look. My compliments.

R-

18. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Thanks, means allot to me, I really love your car and it has been a big inspiration throughout my build so I definitely value your opinion. I think my taste is a lil more extreme than others but I don't want to wreck the look of the car for sure. Hopefully one day we can meet up and I can see your car in person at a show or something. Cheers. James

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx James, appreciate YOUR comments...we may make it to Scottsdale next March for GoodGuy's event...and since you're in Yuma, maybe you'll have your Caddy finished and driveable by then and we'll meet. We won't be making the November GG's event cuz we ran out of money for this year...the trip to Canada took care of that. Here's a link in case you've never read it: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...hlight=events+4552+miles+two+weeks+three+days

Layta,
    R-

20. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Cool. Ill see what I can do. Im gonna try to make it to GNRS still in primer. Ill def try to make GG in march.

21. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I regret selling my 58 so much!

I don't like air bags or chopped caddys usually, but I really like THIS car. Really tasteful and clean.

22. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

When you chop one Just right it works, You nailed it.

23. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice looking caddy

24. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

11412330_10153388741631798_4202660930495459998_n.jpg 11412330_10153388741631798_4202660930495459998_n.jpg 10408567_10153411624957658_6136010959029838122_n.jpg
    Its been awhile but here she is.

voodookustoms likes this.
  25. Wow! Looks great! Looks like you've been working behind our backs. Haha. Absutely love the color. I've been thinking of that combo for my ford.

26. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Very nice , almost as big as that ship behind it.

27. Looks great! I was wondering what happened to this thing. Got any more build photos?

28. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Ill try to post some up when I get a chance thx.