Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods the use up some of my hoarded stuff to free up space and build a neat hot rod thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWQQD, May 5, 2013.

1. Hot Rod Trash

Hot Rod Trash

Looking forward to seeing it. And having a few beers with the villains!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Cool build, great looking car!

3. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Damn, my scrap pile only contains mangled sections of cage tubing and bent wheels . . .

:(

Seriously though, tupperware or not, I wouldn't be ashamed to have people see me driving it.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  4. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

talk about cutting it close , fired the motor last night and the carbs were all messed up , they came off a running car that i got my flatty out of for the 33 hopefully the condition of the carbs doesn't indicate the condition of the motor cause they were fucked !! club brother freddie pomp (64pcode) tore em apart and worked his MAGIC on em and when we fired it tonight they are much better . all of the wiring plumbing etc.etc. is done . only thing left to do to the chassis is shorten the drive shaft and figure out the U joints . the scene at the clubhouse when i left an hour ago was of a couple club brothers Kustom and sniff burning the midnight oil to get color on this thing tonight so we can put it together tomorrow and wire gauges ,lights, and install the interior and the windshield and have this thing ready for the NATS in syracuse friday morning.

11:00 PM july 17th

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Dude, I can't imagine trying to do bodywork in this heat. Sweat pouring off in sheets combine with airborne sanding dust.... fuck that

6. Very cool build and fun to watch come together too - nice car!

It's great to see the guys all helping a brother out 'cause this summer has been rough on garage time
    rg

7. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

well, i took the car out for it's maiden voyage at 3:30 AM today friday july 19th. went home and slept for a couple hours and went to the nationals this morning . still have to do a trans tunnel and re do the carpet cause i just slapped it in for the weekend . here are a couple pics from the show today . good times ,with good friends makes it all worth it . i think the car turned out well and if anyone took any good pics of it today post em up i don't have any good ones!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

9. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

headed back to the show but my fiancee had a couple pics she took in her phone and text them to me so i figured since they are better than mine i'd post em !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. That's sweet! Great build for just using spare parts. Hope it gets your shop closer to being built. If you're using a phone camera, try a q-tip to clean up the lens.
    RB

11. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

had a great day at the NATS , car ran great got lots of lookers and then when i went to fire it up for a guy .....click,click,click. nothing . so the only part of the system we didn't double check was the alternator that i had used because it was laying around so it got a new chrome powermaster and the vendor that sold it to me was a great guy , Bob (cruisers candy shop) outta dearborn michigan. he ran around to a few vendors and borrowed a multi meter for me so i could verify that the alternator was the problem then when i called him to let him know it was he drove me the new one over to the other side of the fairgrounds so i didn't have to walk all the way over there to get it , then he helped me install the damn thing !!! a couple other guys stepped up with some tools and the little roadster was right back in business . this car is a blast to drive and it gets lots of attention. fun fun fun

12. FUCK! i sweated this car BAD on friday at the show man! the chrome rear end was killin me! this car is so cool i dont care if the body was made of paper mache its still KILLER!

good job.

13. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx man , glad you dig it !! i wish i had a chance to hang around it more often and meet some of you guys !!! i figured even though it is a tupperware body ,and even though it is a flip car to make a few bucks i had to keep it as traditional and tasteful as i could !! for a 2-1/2 month build i am happy with the way it came out , a few of my good friends were very instrumental in making it all come together so quick !! it's a fun one !!

14. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Man, that's crazy! Way awesome build.

15. 3030

I like the Rhode Island plate

16. Hot Rod Trash

Hot Rod Trash

Glad we got it started!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. daddio211

daddio211

I only found this build a week ago, but I love it. Quit making excuses for it being Tupperware, it's a running driving hot rod and I don't have one of those right now! Hell of a neat build in a very short time, and good friends helped make it happen. No better hot rod in my mind, Henry or fiberglass.

It's funny how similar the end product is to what we've got going on here in Utah. Yours has a little taller ride height, but similar stance and many similar parts to add up to the same era and style. I LOVE IT!

'27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734383

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  18. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

What was the start to finish time on this build?

19. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

start to finish time on this build while working a full time job and relying heavy on a retired club brother and a couple other club brothers over the last couple weekends and putting in a little time here and there after work a few nights a week was 2 and a 1/2 months . May 5th to July 19th

20. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

yeah i ran outta time and didn't make it to the DMV but that was not gonna stop me from having fun !!

21. 3030

I know just what you were thinking cool stuff

22. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Car came out good Hollywood! Makes me wish i didn't sell it! Oh well... Glad it went to a good home and it gets to see the road now! Still need to get my ride in it though... hahaha Hope to see it at some future shows. Looks good goin down the road!

23. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx man . i really didn't need to start another project but i had so many parts here laying around that i thought it would be a good way to clean up my mess and get into a neat little rod and selling me the susp. and body helped get you into your wagon so it worked out good for everyone !!

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

25. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx , nothing like the magnitude of your last project , but it is very well built and a good looker and a blast to drive .

you going to the ROG this fall??

26. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

added some radiator support rods and picked up a piece of tin for a hood top !!! might put full exhaust on this thing too !!! i've been driving it a bunch locally have worked out most of the little bugs , there was really nothing major that needed to be worked out . it runs and drives great !!

27. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

actually trading this car off for another car i have had my eyes on for a couple years so in order to end this thread i am posting a few more pics of the completed car . i have been driving it a bunch and it is a riot but it was built to sell and i think the trade i am doing will be better for me and the overall purpose so without further ado . here are a few good pics .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Been a fun thread.Good luck on your future projects.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

29. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hey

Allthough I'm not a fan of these late-20s bodystyle, and not a big fan of White cars. I dont give much for chromed undercaridge.
    But damn that turned so good looking!! Hats off to you.

The cowl looks to clean, that might just be me.
    And is the sparkplug cables touching the headers.

But all in all, a great looking roadster!

30. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx ,

i agree on the cowl , i originally planned on painting the firewall black and that would have broken it up a bit but i liked it white and we were out of time on the build . if i kept it i would have put welting or lacing on the grill and the cowl cause i was going to build a hood top and the welting would have broken up the white at the cowl as well . i too am not a huge fan of chrome everywhere but it lends itself well to the 60's show car theme along with the white it makes the car look very sanitary and the black interior makes it look like a hot rod and not just a show rod .

the plug wires do miss the headers although it does look like they are touching in the pic . thanx for checking it out !! it will live in louisianna for a while as i am trading it for a RPU i have had my eye on for a few years

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013