Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Now THAT is probably the COOLEST one of these I have ever seen. Can't be too many of them left....

2. Fargo76

Fargo76

Thanks! We've got a lot of work to do but she'll look beautiful when finished :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Anyone have any Old Dealership photos? Ive been looking all over the web for 57's at the dealer new but cant turn any up.

4. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

These aren't dealership or 57 pictures but I really like looking at them. I want that panel truck!!!

Attached Files:

5. Apittslife

Apittslife

There is or was a panel truck for sale on Craigs List ( Louisville Ky.) that is very simular in color.

6. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

These trucks are way cool............

7. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Hi; Anybody have any 25" Chrysler or Desoto Speed parts ?? THANKS Chris

8. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I Found a Cool Movie Mistake in 007 James Bond (1963) From Russia With Love:

While Sitting in my dorm room while deployed in Korea I have a lot of time on my hands so I downloaded all 23 James Bond flicks. I got to the second movie (From Russia With Love) and during one of the scenes I noticed a 1959-1960 Dodge truck, so Naturally being the Mopar truck fan I am, I got a little excited to see a Mopar Truck especially a late 50's Power Giant in Russia being used in a 007 chase scene. But as my inner kid was jumping for joy I notice the truck was swapped out for a 61 Chevy... Really pissing me off.

I looked on the web and couldn't find any reference to it. so I made a quick little video. I know Im Crazy. but I cant be the only one can I? :D

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/EftQB5YFl90?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/EftQB5YFl90?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EftQB5YFl90&feature=youtu.be

9. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Good eye MoparJoel...as I watch movies, I like to watch for 'mistakes.' This is certainly a biggie...how dare they?

10. wow I had never noticed that before good catch!!!

11. Joel.....you sir are a nerd. Haha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

HAHA! I know right?! Things most people could care less about, I find so interesting...:D

13. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

You just gave me a good laugh Joel. Thanks!

14. silo-rodncycle

silo-rodncycle
    from Hudson Wi

Just dug this out of the woods
    Have wanted to buy this truck for ten years
    Mr Hopkins finally sold if to me !!!

Justin

Attached Files:

15. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Con-grates dude! nothing like a Dodge Shaggin wagon! :D

Whats the specs on it, and your plans for it?

16. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Nice! Good luck with your project. Be sure to post pics...we like pics.

17. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

By the way...Does anyone on this particular thread have an idea where a person can obtain either a replacement door or door skins for a '55 Dodge 1/2 ton? Here's pics of the doors when I bought the truck. I repaired the drivers door last year, but I'm not an experienced welder and am not happy with the final results. The passenger door is getting worse. Any leads would be appreciated.
    Steve

Attached Files:

18. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Here are pics of the "process" of trying to repair the drivers door. From 10+ feet away it doesn't look too bad. With black satin paint no-one notices the repair. But, I need 2 doors...any leads?

Attached Files:

19. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

What a cool score, post a picture when you get it home. :cool:

20. Hey Steve I was looking a passenger door this summer after a deer ran into the side of my truck I ended up doing what you are doing. I was able to locate a door at www.buddsautoonline.com in Deerfield Ohio although I bought the whole cab to get the door they may have a good door there now. They are really good to deal with. Good luck. Jim

21. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Thanks Jim! I will give them a shout and see if they can help. Appreciate that!

22. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

How is the irony in that post :eek: Fancy a Deer running in to your door at Deerfield :D That is pretty funny.

23. Too bad your so far away Steve, I just bought another '57 for parts...with good doors! I think the shipping would be a bitch though.

24. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Sad news, but I was storing 3 sets of doors (2 sets of,58-60/1 set of,55-57s) at my dads place along with my old 230 flatty (rebuilt within the last 4 years) and he told me a few months back he scrapped em...:mad: he said "Oh I thought you said you didnt want them anymore..." I was pretty pissed but what ever its done now...:( ....I just told him he could scrap my old 57 small window cab for cash so he could pay some bills. Alot of history gone now.

25. Its actually better than that the deer ran into my truck on Rt. 14 in NY on my way to the races at Watkins Glen. I found the replacement door in Deerfield Ohio on Rt. 14 !?! Talk about coincidence!! :rolleyes:

26. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

That's the reason I can't find doors...the stupid scrappers and crushers have gotten all of the vintage iron that is out there. At least in our area. People will scrap anything just to get a buck. I understand that in this economy, but it makes it hard to restore old vehicles. I think that I have the only '55 Dodge within a 100 mile radius (maybe more). I've gone to the local cruise-ins this past summer and would be the only Dodge truck there. The rarity factor is nice...but parts obtainization (yep...made that word up) is a pain. I have fabricated a lot of stuff for my truck. Even LMC doesn't carry inventory for the old Dodges. Bernbaums has some of the parts and pieces, but I haven't had a good experience with them lately due to new ownership.:(
    I'll keep honing my welding skills and making my own parts for repairs, etc.
    Steve-

27. I always try to keep as much dodge stuff as I can, no one around here wants it but I know someone somewhere could use it. The problem is that unfortunately I have a ton of 48-53 parts and a whole 54 truck that are going to get crushed up someday soon because I'm running out of room. I'm not trying to hijack this thread but if you need something don't hesitate to shoot me a message, I hate to junk it if someone needs it.

28. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

The only legit aftermarket sheet metal for these trucks is at http://www.mar-k.com/index.aspx you can get all the bed sheet metal for I believe 1948 and later boxes.

29. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

:eek: That is amazing . . . . . . . . . . . . .

30. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I have no problem with that Mike :D

We should make this the "Go to thread for Mopar truck guys" to keep in touch with needing parts from each other, just not turn it in to a weekly "flog off ya parts" thread. Having guys post up their builds and other guys asking for parts, it will be easy for us Mopar Truckers to keep in touch ;)

Good idea Mike, glad you brought it up buddy :)