Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB License Plate Topper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bp1971, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Sled-

-Sled-

That topper on ebay went off for almost 68 bucks... That's nuts...

2. gtowagon

gtowagon

I have 1 I am not using

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Not if it's something you really want & isn't currently available elsewhere . Supply & demand .

There's a lot of pissin' & moanin' about wanting a heads-up & whatnot , that's for sure . Everyone gets a heads-up when it hits the "stuff for sale" section , and it's up to that person to pull the trigger & buy one . I work as a mechanic (i.e. no internet at work) , I have a life outside of work (i.e. not on the internet 24/7) , I don't have a smartphone (i.e. I'm not burning up the internet there either) , and I still managed to buy a HAMB tag topper . It may have been luck , maybe not - I saw it available & I bought the damn thing immmediately because I knew it would sell out fast (and it did) . I can see why this stuff is made in small runs - Ryan doesn't want all of his hard-earned wampum tied up in inventory that may or may not sell off right away . All you have to do is check out the HAMB store once in a while (or every time) when you log in & see what stuff is available - maybe luck will be on your side . If not , you could support the site by buying something else .

Boy , that paragraph kinda makes me sound like a bit of a dick , LOL . I'm really not , sorry about that :) . I just get sick of hearing whining about simple stuff . Life is too short for that .

4. Fenders

Fenders

There are still 3 listings on ebay for the toppers.....

5. i think i will hang on to mine for now.....if i ever get banned i will give it away!

6. -Sled-

-Sled-

I can't see myself buying one off of ebay. I don't want to give my money to a ebay seller or even a Hamber that's trying to make a profit, I'd rather give my money directly to the site.

7. b-bob

b-bob

Yeah, me too. E-bay would just 'cheapen' it for me.

8. gtowagon

gtowagon

How is it making a profit selling for what was paid?

9. They never ever cost 68 bucks! HRP

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have a small virgin topper I would trade for a key chain topper.......................

11. how much did they cost? i can't remember what i paid for mine

12. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

I gave my spare one (topper)to a mate.
    Wish I could buy another for my truck.
    What's the chance of another run being made?
    I think I'd buy 1/2 a dozen and put them away.
    Would also like to buy a couple more decals.
    Water mark decals would be great.

13. I think this is a big part of the problem, guys are missing out because others want one for every project that might be on the road one day. I think a limit per person would help solve this.

Because they don't want people giving them shit for trying to extort $75, $85, $95 out of HAMBers for something they only paid $15 for. Get real.

14. -Sled-

-Sled-

I'm sorry you paid as much as you did for them.

Bingo.

15. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

That would be taking advantage of another HAMBer.

16. Still on Ebay for 66 bucks. Tag and key chain

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't really have an issue with someone buying something for cheap and selling it for a profit. I mean, that's capitalism... And I'm American.

Granted, this feels weird though...

And it's why I am gonna make more. I'll sell them as cheap as I possibly can - promise. Certainly cheaper than $60... and hopefully, cheaper than I sold them for before which I think was $15?

18. -Sled-

-Sled-

I'm just saying I'd rather give my hard earned money back to the site, not to line someone's pockets ;)

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And I certainly appreciate that... Seriously, I do...

It's a weird balance. I don't want to flood the market with my merch. I like to do limited stuff... More than anything, I like to do stuff that is way over kill as far as quality... And sometimes, like in this case, it creates a little more demand than I expected. I hate the idea of some dude spending $60 bucks on a tag topper simply cuz he wants it REALLY bad. IF homeboy wants it that bad, he should have one.

20. -Sled-

-Sled-

Well I'm one of the homeboys so sign me up! :D

21. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Hey I am one of those homeboys too! Do I get some free swag if I get the HAMB logo tattooed on me? LOL

22. I'm so glad my parents taught me to separate my " wants " from my needs. :cool:

23. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Ryan your kick ass attitude is what makes the site great. I am with you that making a profit is capitalism, and I am by far one to never turn down profit( speaking in generalities of course) . I also agree with most of the comments and I think we all agree we would prefer to support the site. I know I for one will be watching this closely for when the new batch comes through , and on too of that I am finally getting off my lazy ass and becoming an alliance member. One other thing, I emailed the guy on eBay for shits and giggles, his buy it now is $140!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I don't know what you mean by that , but don't worry , my family taught me what's important in life . My wants are ceratainly different than my needs , that's why my Shoebox project (for example) is not progressing as quickly as some people's projects - because I have more important things to get done first , like raising my 5 y/o daughter & taking care of home/family stuff . I coughed-up the 15 beans for the topper immediately because I knew they were gonna sell out right away , and I could spare the money out of my "hot rod fund" & support the HAMB (and show my support for my favorite website) . You won't see my crying because I miss out on some swag ... don't worry . There will hopefully be another opportunity - if not , so be it . Life rolls on . I've missed out on plenty of stuff in my life & my toes are still tappin' !

25. gtowagon

gtowagon

If you guys think the tag toppers are selling for too much don't even ask what I paid for a shift knob

26. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Please put me on the list for 1.Thanks

27. Just this last weekend, my good friend and HAMBer Tom Kelly gave me a HAMB topper as a gift for my birthday that was a month or so ago. What a great guy, thanks Tom! -H.R.D-

Attached Files:

28. What I really like about the Hamb tag toppers is that they are small audacious symbol of the traditional brotherhood. HRP

29. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Def wanna be on the list for one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.