Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage hot rod parts overload/going to the scrapper PICS FIXED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

that's what I thought. I told him I was thinking more around $1200 bucks, but only if I get to fill it with parts. He said no way. He's firm.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    SO LONG BIG GREEN! LOOKS LIKE YER OFF TO THE SCRAPPER!
    -
    -
    -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

"Well, we outsmarted you on this one. We took only the valve covers! LOL.... and the intake. Whats a stuck 331 industrial hemi block worth anyway?"

The rest of that engine is probably worth as much, if not more, than the intake and valve covers. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

3. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Not around here....

4. daddio211

daddio211

I'm thinking $2000 max, and then you still have to find a way to move it.... $$$$$$$

My '27 T Roadster build: &#65279;http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

5. Flat540

Flat540

MAC ...do you know what happened to the 60 Elcamino in the south end of the property? Been eyeballing it for years..

6. Truck may be worth $2000 just in scrap, a similar sized bus sold yesterday at a local auction and it went for $2200 or so to about the dirtiest theiving scrap dealer in the state.

You'd have to move it on a low-boy trailer probably.

7. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Not sure what happened to the elcamino....

8. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

big mac , do you know which scrap co he is using, and many years back there was a 34 5 window in there any one know its wereabouts

9. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

If there was a 34 you can bet your twig and berries we would have found it. The property owner was given a few days to gather his "personal belongings" and those are all in several semi trailers next to the property. I'm sure he got the highest value items and stashed them in those trailers.

Yes I know the scrap co, but that's my ticket in there so I'm not releasing that info. If he gets a bunch of people showing up or calling him he will close it all down and it all goes to scrap. They aren't taking anything to their scrap yard though. They are crushing cars on site and his buyers pick it up there....

10. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

thanks for the info, and I understand , I guess we will let him feed it to the worms thanks again and you guys did a super salvage in such sort time

11. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I scored some metal flake steering wheels yesterday.. Maybe one day i will figure out how to do pics...

12. man this is like heart breaking seeing all this going to the scrapper ....

just imagine at what is still out there, that WE dont know of ...

13. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

So I had a good talk to the scrapper last night. He's considering piling everything up on his dads farm and letting me help him get it all to the Fathers Day Pomona Swap Meet. This would be a huge win if he goes through with this. Talk about saving a bunch of vintage steel!!!!

14. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

He does understand they're worth more the better shape they are in, right? By that I mean he knows to use something other than the track hoe to drag it out! ;)

15. big M

big M

That's great news!! I hope all goes good in the joint venture there.

---John

16. I would say sweeten the pot by offering to take small lots, or single items with decent value to them, and say split 50-50 for selling the stuff on here or on eBay in the meantime. That should put a dent in his fuel costs to move it -

17. I need that lesson.
    Tell me about it.:eek:

18. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Awesome.It just keeps getting better.

19. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

This place just keeps on giving... This was my find today. The old guy had three crates full of old gauges hidden inside his house/office on the property. Big Daddy tach, probably 100 or so plain SW gauges, bunch of greenline gauges and tachs, a few football tachs, a couple cool Pontiac script tachs, lots of vintage vette emblems, some spot lights, just a ton of neat stuff...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This blower was cast iron and weighed AT LEAST 200 lbs. Must have been some industrial use thing. I left it because I couldn't lift the dang thing. Any ideas what it is for?
    [​IMG]

This Pontiac would make a really cool custom.
    [​IMG]

20. drumyn29

drumyn29

i want the bronco for my wife.

21. The roots blower was originally designed/patented to move huge amounts of air into/out of underground mines in the 1800's. Who knows what industrial use that one was used for?

22. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

23. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

HAHA ... I figured out how to post a pic...maybe not the best pic but it is a pic..

24. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Attached Files:

25. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Started to sort through the gauge pile...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382469065.810294.jpg

I dig these Pontiac gauges!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382469161.236793.jpg

26. You are now a gauge collector Mac!

27. "This Pontiac would make a really cool custom."....damn and 8 lugs to boot....!!!!

save er' save er' save er'......

28. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

If you want that Pontiac shoot me a PM. I don't have anywhere to put it, nor do I want another project. It's obtainable though, so let me know if you are interested.

Custom:
    [​IMG]

Or a street pounder:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  29. Squablow

Squablow

Some of those spotlights look like Appleton 552's. That in itself would be a great score. Would be nice if the scrapper guy was able to set aside some of the obvious non-junk and sell it instead of crushing it. I'm sure there's lots that can go right to scrap without any tears shed, but it'd be a shame to lose all that good sheetmetal. Especially seeing as much of it looks like it was stored nicely.

30. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

WOW! It's great that you guys could and did save as much as you have. Kudos to you! Sad about the moving van tho. Did you talk him into the Pomona swap?