Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 11the Annual ATLANTA $10,000 Drag Race & Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Aug 10, 2013.

1. captmullette

captmullette

most fun you can have with your clothes on, met a lot of great people,car people, we had a good show sunday, the weather was perfect for racing, met up with some sfcc folks, all fun guys pics later......

2. Wish I could have made it up for the festivities :( Next year is in the game plan for sure :cool:

Congrats Bobby! I hear you went rounds :cool: Do tell.....

3. captmullette

captmullette

thanks brother, went side by side with tony, what a blast, im still smiling, just damn perfect, friends and cars.......

4. Awesome news my friend :cool:

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I had planned to be there this year but had a change of plans at the last moment. I will be there for sure next year.

6. 47Hudson

47Hudson

Congrads on the 11.90 quarter BT. Had a large time my self
    Jody B. Sr.

7. Tommygun

Tommygun

I just want to take the time to say thanks for a great ran event. It was a good time by all.
    Personally; The rain call, to push the event to Sunday was the right move. That's what a great promoter (Julius) does. Thanks again!

8. captmullette

captmullette

it's all your fault.......thanks my friends

9. any more details on the Corvair? that looks bad ass

10. thunderplex

thunderplex

Sorry to say that's the only pic I took of it.

Posted using the full custom, V8, 4-speed app, rolling down highway 41.

11. Even with the rain on Saturday, we had a ball bench racing. Rolled in this!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382484033.779203.jpg

and partied in this!!!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382484046.936432.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. fun-ford

fun-ford

Nice teardrop and mercury,enjoyed talking to you all Sat.

13. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

So glad you were with us Looking forward to better weather next year

14. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

STOLEN FROM Atlanta $10,000 NOSTALGIA DRAGS AND CAR SHOW 2013

[​IMG]

After working hard to acquire a treasured banner it really hurts to have it stolen by a weak minded, yellow bellied thief who doesn&#8217;t respect other people&#8217;s property <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

15. captmullette

captmullette

not good....... who ever got it send it back.......

16. That banner being stolen was one of he first things I thought of when I arrived this year and noticed no banners out on the fence by the entrance. I figured it was up front where it would be safe! Guess not. That's amazing it happened again. Next year we need a deer camera set up on that sucker

17. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

18. sinclairmafia1

sinclairmafia1

Trust me we'll be back.....Gotta defend my Nostalgia Comp title....heheheh!!!!!

19. Falconred

Falconred

Need to get these dates out to other folks so they won't schedule against you. I want all the cars there. Wish we could get the shows spaced out so we can go to them all. Already looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

20. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

Thanks to everyone who came out even in the rain. We survived the rainout because of your support and we really appreciate it.

Plans are in the works for the 2014 Fuel and Gas series of events. The Commerce date is set. Others to be announced soon.

21. captmullette

captmullette

you might call ed swearingen at silver dollar dragway in Reynolds ga., a great track and people, ed owns the track and races.... it's also a 1/4 mile track, free camping covered stands close to a lot of hotels.....478-847-4414

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Little early yet for talking to Ed about our date for RWYB, but as soon as we can get enough info on other events and their dates we'll have a sit down with Ed and Ms Dorothy (she's the one who keeps track of events @ Reynolds), and try to coordinate with the other events there and at other places within a range of creating a conflict.
    How did you make out @ Commerce with your "A"?

23. captmullette

captmullette

good to hear from you d.o.m. the car did real good the driver not so good, won 2 rounds and went to the 3rd with a dial in of 11.90 but they put it up there as a 12.00 flat, I ran a 11.95 and they showed me breaking out, and loseing but I didn't notice the dial in display on the line and call their attn. to it.... but had a ball,saw laydrag ,shawn, and got to run with tony on a test and tune, best thing was I got in the 11's

24. captmullette

captmullette

25. joespanova

joespanova
    from Ga

I'm gonna do my best to make sure that doesn't happen:D.

I thought the yellow coupe won?

26. Bobby that is hauling! What did you say was done to the engine in that car? Why is it so fast without forced induction or anything?

27. sinclairmafia1

sinclairmafia1

Afraid the little Yellow Coupe wasn't even where the race was.......I made sure to be a little tardy on the tree so I could make it look somewhat close......Mr. Godfather Nova if you would realllllllllly like some of that Iddie Biddie Roadster ill be at Greer Dragway for the Nostalgic Gassers Finals......We can do the best two out of three .....we will just have to be on an 1/8th mile indeIx....mine would be 6.00.....I love friendly Rivalrys ........Even when they accused me of having a throttle stop :(

28. joespanova

joespanova
    from Ga

LOL ...
    Well , since the car sure looks like a typical SG/SC car , I had to ask anyway.......would love to go to Greer but it aint happening. I DO enjoy the guys with the 55 Chevys and the 57 Ford ( Bone Shaker ) though.

I really thought I'd have a shot at the title......... hoping you guys wouldn't nail your indexes..because I KNEW , I couldn't run mine that day.......some days when everythings just right it will run 50s , just not solid on a 9.50........BUT ,I'm making sure that wont happen again. Larry Meaux will be getting the heads over the winter...........if I can get consistent 9 forties , I'll have my consistent 9 fifties.
    See ya next year.

29. captmullette

captmullette

that motor was built in the late 80's for my dirt track car 3/8 th mile Athens speedway, my driver and builder ran it for 3 years in our 65 chevelle and retired and the motor was stored in the back of an old chevy pickup under his shed for 20 years, I bought my 31 sedan and called jody and said I wanted to build a hotrod/ drag car, he said ' I got our old dirt track motor do you want it? well hell yea, jody and his son jody jr. put the motor in the car, the only thing changed on the motor was the tunnel ram and a turbo 350 trans. its got a 3.73 rear gear and a john reed dirt track cam, double hump iron heads and the small .194 valves............thanks dogpatch.... the bitch really blew our minds also...........