Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car auction in Chanute, KS Oct. 19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slackcat, Oct 18, 2013.

1. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I am always amazed at the quality/QUANTITY of some individuals' collections. There are many great car in this one.

2. I live 20 miles away and had no idea. If it rains I plan on being there to see what they bring. Wish I had the coin and room for the '34.

3. Checked them out yesterday, they def look better in the pictures. I will say the '29 RPU is a damned nice banger hotrod, 12 volt, winfield head. '34 Ford roadster has the body done just needs another 10-15k thrown at it. The '31 Chrysler roadster is ready to drive home, nice car. Many of the cars listed were'nt there yesterday, maybe today.

4. thanks for posting.....

5. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Anybody know what the 34 ford coupe body brought...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. GlennCraven

GlennCraven

Sorry to be slow chipping in. I posted all the cars to sell and their prices over at P15-D24.com.

Wish I had saved the photos to my HD instead of linking from the auction site, because the auctioneers have since deleted them. The only pics remaining in my post are a few I took.

The '34 Ford coupe body only -- with no front clip or rear fenders -- sold for $7,000, the same price as a "pretty well all there" '57 Bel Air jigsaw puzzle with a rebuilt V8 sitting on the floor next to it.

P.S. Just thought to go look for some of the cars being flipped from the Chanute sale, as Country Classic Cars in Illinois bought a few.

This Cadillac was a $1,500 purchase with the front bumper loose on the floor in front of the car. They're asking $4,950. "Ran when parked" might not be an outright fabrication, but the auctioneers in Chanute spent a few days trying to get each of the vehicles in the sale to run and this is one they openly revealed wouldn't.

I'm looking for others among their inventory, because I'm sure they got more than one.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. GlennCraven

GlennCraven

9. GlennCraven

GlennCraven