Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Screw It Im gonna go for it! 36 Ford coupe to be

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowcoe, Jan 17, 2011.

1. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Man, your determination is paying off!

2. A bit of a milestone. Still not dressed n purdy but I got the last piece of the rear deck fabbed in!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  3. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380431431.555220.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380431445.721031.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380431459.824644.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380431470.038799.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380431486.885824.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380431504.443782.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

bct likes this.
  4. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Go man go!

Sent from my SM-T310 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. FRICKIN AWSOME! It's always nice to finish up one area and move on to the next. Keep it up.

6. I don't know '36s well enough to point out any design imperfections compared to an original coupe, I just know what you have done is amazing! ...and if you are doing a kustom it does not matter a bit. ...and if you are doing a hot rod it does not matter either. I think this is a great example of what can be created, just one step at a time, so long as you keep stepping forward.

7. I'm not sure what's more fun. Working on the car or all the encouraging comments...... Thanks all.... I feel like I need to go back and do everything over again to try to live up to the quality that is all over the HAMB. (35/36 club especially) I will continue and try to raise the bar on this build with all of y'all cheering me on..

8. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

It's pretty rad. The 35/36 builds recently are definately keeping me going. Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my SM-T310 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

wow man..great job keep us updated

10. 421-6Speed

421-6Speed

Very nice work. Keep up the progress your closing in on it...

11. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382309704.904141.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382309745.120044.jpg

12. Stormtron

Stormtron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is great! Really makes me want to get out in the garage!!

Great work man.

13. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Honestly I thought you'd get this car all cut up and begin tacking it together and wind up abandoned it. In one of your early posts, you said "ignorance is bliss". I think you're right. A lot of us would have seen what was before us, over think it, and say 'screw it!' You dove right in and kept on going. Good for you man!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  14. Thanks again for all the nice words. Been working 6 days a week plus kids n GF so not much headway. Have about all the paint stripped except the firewall. Working to adapt my 37 mopar rear bumper to the 36 brackets. Been tracking down lots of parts n pieces that I will need to finish the puzzle. I still think I'm a little nuts cause i think about this project ALL the time , yet I try not to look at the classifieds for cars cause you all know how that makes your head spin in other directions. I will finish this project. I will finish this project. I will finish this project.

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I can really appreciate the hard work involved in all this fabrication, but am I the only one who thinks that the side window opening looks like it is backwards as compared to what it should be ?

The small part of the window opening should be at the front near the windshield, it looks really awkward in appearance like it is now, basically backwards.

Attached Files:

• 36.jpg
      36.jpg
      File size:
      252.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  16. So far your the only one. Personally I think it's going to compliment the tail dragger stance.... High in the front, low in the back. Time will tell. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384224696.689150.jpg

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm not the only one. I heard by PM from someone else. I was reluctant to say anything, as I know how hard this kind of project is.

I can assure you there are or will be others who know what the window profile of a real 3 window should look like and recognize the backwards side windows shape.

They may not post but they are there.

It's your project, I hope you can carry it through and finish it but IMO it will always look "off" somehow and be awkward in appearance no matter what the rest of the car looks like.

18. Thanks blue 1. I'm not really in original 36 territory anymore. Not sure if I ever was or wanted to be. There have been moments in this build when people have pointed out errors. ( thanks mr man and the missing belt line). But I'm gonna let this one ride for now. Ill have to see it with fenders sitting at ride height to see if it bothers me but I gotta say I don't think it's gonna. Again I appreciate your interest I'm glad people are pm'n each other about my build. Cheers

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

You have done a ton of work here and it is paying off! Look forward to your progress.

20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Looking forward to your progress here also.

21. bonustoolkit

bonustoolkit

I like your version of the window design much better than the original.

"" I'm not the only one. I heard by PM from someone else. I was reluctant to say anything, as I know how hard this kind of project is.""

:eek::eek:

Hats off to you, do as you wish.

22. I am in full appreciation of your build as Im creating a car from a cowl, 2 doors and 2 quarters. But I say the doors also look sort of funny, tall in front. But thats not to say it won't work, its just I haven't seen one like this. Once its outside and from a distance, you will see if it flows. When I brought my car out for the first time, it got rolled back in and I had to redo the front and back of the car. Time will tell. And you will be the final judge of your car. When I built mine, I could see the big flaws. I also know that you cant please everyone but you also don't want to hear your car looks like ass everywhere you park. LOL!! Anyway, amazing what you have created so far!!!

23. Weldin, grindin,weldin, bangin,weldin, grindin...... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385412312.675360.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385412327.176924.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385412341.859425.jpg

24. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

Just caught up with this thread and you have done an amazing job of transforming a
    bunch of Henry's metal into a creation that is uniquely yours ! I like the window look and think it will carry through in the taildragger design ! Do it your way because you've done one hellava nice job so far ! Proud of you!

25. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Amazing work!
    I had not even noticed the door profiles but it looks like a slight A pillar chop would make the door profile closer to an original.
    Minor work, if YOU decide, compared to what you have already accomplished from just a pile of parts.

26. rideordie

rideordie
    from Oregon

Wow thats a lot of work looking good!!

27. Thanks guys. Shouldn't spoil the surprise but here's a tasty thanksgiving treat. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385678980.970760.jpg

28. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Bling is nice.

29. Randy Radford

Randy Radford

Im impressed. Keep up the good work

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon