Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Super Natural End Of A Custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's what I remember reading also.

X2. I'd watch this over "The Half-Fast And Hilarious" any day.

2. von Dyck

von Dyck

Norm's T Bucket was used as a prop wearing a tow-bar behind the roadster that had to be push started at approximately the 47 minute mark.

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

this was way before the special effects and stunt unions made them ubiquitous.

4. you are correct, the car was too low to get it to roll...

5. TRuss

TRuss

I'm a glutton. I love these old movies.

6. jonspin

jonspin

Nice catch on the catapult set to launch the wheel. That's hilarious. I like how the guy climbs out of the wrecked chevy with a smile on his face. I was entertained though and that's the whole idea right.

7. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

ryan quit wining its an awesome movie, or maybe your too kool

8. JonnyAce

JonnyAce

Yeah, that's what I read somewhere too.

Ryan, I do agree with you about the atrocity of deliberately wrecking a Barris kustom. Unthinkable is quite the apt description.

metal man, great catch with the catapult. Gotta love low-budget special effects, right? :D

9. JonnyAce

JonnyAce

This "kustom's" story does have a happy end, though. The stunt car's twin thankfully survived and I believe is alive and well on the east coast somewhere.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. metal man

metal man

Yes, I have to admit, I love these awful old movies. I am constantly watching for cool cars in them....drives my wife nuts :D

11. metal man

metal man

^^^^ I'm happy to see that the other one survived. Those pictures look to be kind of old,right? Probably been updated a bit since then, and hopefully the pinstripes are gone:rolleyes:

12. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Love the opening with Jerry Lee Lewis on the band wagon and did you dig the Von Dutch striping job on the dash board of the 49 Ford in the hidden dope stash scene?

13. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

I was gonna skip to the crash scene until I heard Jerry Lee, love that guy! Tough-guy Mr. A... hahaha, all I keep thinking is "isn't that Uncle Fester?!"

14. JonnyAce

JonnyAce

Yeah, I'm hoping the pinstripes are gone, too. The yellow made it look too much like a fire truck. :rolleyes: I grabbed those pic off Rikster's Fotki, by the way. And you're right, the photos do look a bit old, maybe late 70's or early 80's, judging by the style of cars I see in the background.

15. Well, the plan was to fast forward to the race at 48 min. But, I just couldn't stop watching. So many good lines, hot broads and slick rides....I nearly watched the whole damn movie!

16. Stephen Fields,
    I can't get past your avitar! Every time you post I come to a screeching halt for a few seconds and run a fever....

17. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I watched the whole thing. Once I was able to decipher the hep cat speak it wasn't all that bad of movie. Besides, his aunt was pretty hot. She could've put an eye out with those things.

18. S.F.

S.F.

lol well, the naked chick avatar era is over :rolleyes:

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"...Once I was able to decipher the hep cat speak ..."

If you like the fifties...track down this book, which is pretty easy to find:

"Straight From the Fridge, Dad: a dictionary of hipster slang" By Max Decharne.
    Good stuff, covers and translates 1950's speak, traces it back through B movies, jazz, and various depraved subcultures. I noticed that this movie popped up a few times in examples and origins of usage...

20. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

I was told that it was you holding the one shot:rolleyes:

21. Oh yeah,,I sure miss the old days where the girls wore torpedo bras & cashmere sweaters. HRP

[​IMG]

22. S.F.

S.F.

Damn! howd they know!:D

23. starliner62

starliner62

I can't believe I watched the whole thing!!

24. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Aces up Gator, Looks hot as the last bump in a stripper's grind!

Translation: "Top notch Mr. Landcaster, I believe I'll need to add this book to my collection."

...I need to watch the movie again, I'm sure I've missed a thing to two. ;)

25. Columbus Snake

Columbus Snake

I love Mamie Van Doren ... she's the perfect 50's Tramp.

For every old movie that gets it's own thread I say the same thing, ... "I saw this movie when it was new".
    We'll it's true and the teenagers where I lived thought it was cool and couldn't wait to see it. Jerry Lee Lewis was as cool as it gets.
    The threater was full of all the neighborhood hoods.

The cars in this movie were true to the times. Not show cars, but what one would actually see in the neighborhood and parked at the high school. Yeah its a dumb movie, but the cars were what many of the young guns, garage heros, had going at the time.
    I still like the styling of those coupes.

Thanks for the thread.
    :cool:

26. And there is Philippa Fallon, in tight sweater and bullet bra, reciting the "High School Drag".
    "Tomorrow is a king size bust..."