Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aftermarket 30-31 Model A Visors ??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 61cad, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Anyone used an Aftermarket Visor on 30-31 Coupe? Like to know if any are worth the money and which to stay away from.

2. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

I'd say its easier and cheaper to buy a good used one

3. What do you mean by "easier"? Installation (fit) or purchasing?

4. Nocero

Nocero

Defiantly buy a good ford one. I bought a new Howells and it didn't fit worth a crap. I sold it for $40 just to get it out of my sight. Got a origional and it fit perfect.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you can buy a new one that wont fit right and wont look original for $150... or you can get a decent original one for about $50

6. That's what I thought...

7. carmuts

carmuts

8. If you got extra good to excellent original and you want $50... Hell, let's make a deal.. I'll send you my shipping address!

9. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I have a nice original for 80.00 plus shipping

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

no, i don't have one... that's just the going price around here at a swap meet

11. Par34

Par34

Go with original, there out there

12. nickk

nickk

ORIGINAL! My buddy just bought a new one this past year, I don't remember where his is from but its horrible. I wouldn't run a visor before I used the one he ended up with.

13. I have a couple. PM me if you a re interested.

14. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Stay with a Henry made

15. druids62

druids62

I bought one from Macs and the ends look horrendous and doesn't fit worth a tinker's cuss! Ugh! Please find yourself a Henry one.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, guys the OP posted that 24 frigging months ago, he probably has had the visor on the car for 12 months already. Damn FNG's always answering dead posts like they are new an hour ago.

28A likes this.
  17. Lol.... Yes, I bought an original one two years ago....

18. We will have some new visors for 30/31's some time early next year to go along with the ones we have for 28/29's. They will be will be both stock and also available with dimpled holes.

19. mike bowling

mike bowling

Another vote for ORIGINAL. I got one from Mike's in Georgia for $80. and it looked like it was made with a hammer and a pair of pliers- real piss poor stuff.So I had to pay shipping AGAIN to return it so they could check it out before I got a refund.Got a check, minus another 10% re-stocking fee, and threw their catalog in the trash. Flea markets usually have them if you shop around. (looks like you've got plenty offered right here!) Good luck

20. carmuts

carmuts

And I sold the one I mentioned a long time ago. Someone who did not look at the dates sent me a message wanting to buy it. Rod