Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coker tire pressure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi 4d, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes have done a search but trying to find out ideal pressure to run on Coker classic crossply look radials, 750x16 and 550/ 16 in a 32 3w highboy. We had a about of tyre bump when pressures got too low ,but what is the preferred pressure for these crossply look bulgies. The side wall says 41psi, I don't think so batman. We would be bouncin all over the road I think , but would be good fer yer kidneys most likely . Remember kiwi roads are pretty rough. So is ther a preferred pressure. Cheers kiwi 4d

2. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

I used pressures of 28lb front and 26lb rear on a 2400lb 32 Roadster.

Worked well for me and got good tyre wear, my tyres were Coker wide white crossplys
    sizes L78 15's rear and 5.60 15's front.

3. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I run 38 frt 5:50X16 and 36 rear 7:00X16 39 FH coupe. CC radials.

4. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

I love it when fellow hambers tell us to put 35-50 psi in our bias ply or radial tires? Like Kiwi in New Zealand, our roads in New England just plain suck. Someone a while back told another member to run 50 psi? That would make your teeth fall out around here. Why I want to move to where it doesn't snow, the roads are way better. If your not driving the car every day start low and work your way up. Good luck !!!!

5. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

50 psi?

These aren't basketballs!

6. I'm running 34 PSI in the Coker radials on the Ranch Wagon. HRP

7. Sounds good. Used to run 28 psi in a 2300 lb sedan on bias. I'd start there on your radials.

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

22 to 24 pounds on an A roadster and the same on a '32 five window is what I'm running. Any more than that and all I'd have is a patch about three inches wide in the pavement.

9. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Tire pressure is a function of tire size/design and load . I would start with 24-26 front and about 20 rear for the sizes and load for the OP car. Wheel width also has a bit to do with pressures when running bias ,you don't want the tread only partialy contacting the road. A narrow rim and to much air ain't good.

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great this gives us more of a ball park number. I noticed a while ago coming back from a dirt track day we seemd to be getting a kind on sympathetic bump resonance going on . So checked pressures and they were around 25 . So obviously need to up them some.

11. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

My cokers came with a sticker that said to run 35psi.