Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion returns to Chicago October 11 & 12, 2013 Woodstock IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 18, 2013.

1. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

Had a great time at the show nd thanks to the twisted pistons for awarding me with best car. Truely an honnor. Thanks to John wells for putting on a great show.

2. funk 49

funk 49

We had a great time and thanks to all involved. With some luck I'll be in good enough shape to bring a vehicle of my own by next year. Thanks again,it was a blast.

3. fro5555

fro5555
    from No IL.

Thanks for another great show John...

4. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was just Great Great Great Great! Had a great drive over, had a great time at the HRCC open house, saw a great show in Woodstock and had a great drive home.

Did anyone else notice the guy in the bib overalls and that goofy straw hat? He was running around every where and acted like he was running the show or something!?!?!?! :)

I hope to see everyone at the Retro Rewind this winter and the Torque Fest this spring and the support for Helping Hannah's Heart to keep going strong. Both shows are located in Dubuque Iowa.

5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Looks like lots of cool cars showed up. I sure like that Falcon.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

always great to see you Steve.

Who was that freak of nature in the overalls?

see you in Dubuque...x2

7. magnet

magnet

It was a good time.. anyone know who's car this is? It was pretty cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. magnet

magnet

OK.. maybe not happening right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. magnet

magnet

Ok.. how bout now :)

Attached Files:

10. milw53chevyguy

milw53chevyguy

^^^ best more door at the show ^^^

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. milw53chevyguy

milw53chevyguy

Attached Files:

12. JoKerr

JoKerr

Thanks a boner it was good talking with ya . Got meet lot of hot rodders great show thanks John Wells you get it . Next year dirt drags and no trailered cars allowed wood be perfect keep up great work John.

13. Magnet, don't know his name but the Voodoo Kings picked his car best in show!

14. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good seeing you too Bob. I wish I could have talked to you more but everytime I saw you, you were deep in conversation with someone and I did not want to interrupt.

15. decent chunk of trailers were around...

16. lowelife

lowelife

Had a great time as usual. Can't wait til next year, perfect way to end the year.

17. Appleseed

Appleseed

It was cool to see the Viejitos there with their bombs. The fella with the red and white Chevy even popped the hydros for us to take some shots. You couldn't miss them at the end of the show. They were the guys with the sirens.

18. von zipper

von zipper

Best show in the Midwest!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

19. von zipper

von zipper

Mini fun too![​IMG]

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I was very impressed with the cars shown by the Viejitos. I hope they attend next year.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yeah, but keep their mitts off those stupid sirens!

I saw a few cars roll into spectator parking on trailers, unload, and drive 100' to the show gate... and right into "friend" parking. Trailers weren't an exclusion criteria like at the Pileup, but all the trailered cars I saw had plenty of other reasons for exclusion.

22. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

Thanks for the photos guys.

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

For me, there has never been a better show. I was relaxed and really enjoyed the day. I was able to see a bit of each part of the show that makes it unique. Pat Jones was able to manage all the bands with no problems. Robies Grading hel...ped sponsor the show, and without Rob getting out there on the dirt, we never would have been able to get out there and have a good time. Everyone attending the pin up contest seemed to have a good time, and Peek A Boo pinups certainly made everything run smooth this year. The volunteer staff led by Mitch and Jenni Huffington ran seamlessly. There were never any issues with getting the volunteer shifts changed out and we appreciate all those that took the time to give 2 or more hours of your day to help the show. Car inspection was nailed down by Jerrad Rickard and we heard nothing but compliments about the right kind of cars coming into the show. A new addition to the show this year was Mr. Invader which was the brainchild of Donna Cardia, and she saw it through to the end. Charlie Ryan won the competition - but that was never really in question.
    Once he entered there was a collective sigh from the rest of the contestants knowing that Charlie had it in the bag. Ryan Johnston helped round up some rides to make the DIY stunt show a sight to see. Romin' Chariots were helping with the camping this year and for the most part everyone seemed to have a great time in the campgrounds. Doug and Sheri Siemen dedicated a lot of time with vendor set up, gate, and beer sales. The swap meet actually had 12 more vendors than the previous year and The Tin Butchers always make sure that the correct swap items are for sale. My family and close friends spent countless hours helping set up merchandise booths, front gate ticket sales, selling food, stuffing envelopes, and doing all the little tasks that make an event like this happen. Mike Vernola and his wife Dawn were an invaluable liason for getting things done in Woodstock before and during the show. Eve Geist and Theresa & David Barber came all the way to Woodstock from Iowa to help out with selling at the show and we can't thank them enough. We appreciate the vendors and artists that supported the show, and know that we are trying our best to get the spectators back in the door for 2014. The number of entries that were on site this year was 854. This is
    TOTAL entries, meaning friends parking, motorcycles, hot rods and kustoms. The breakdown was 160 cars in the friends section, 93 vintage cycles, and 601 rods and customs.

There were a LOT of car clubs that stepped up and gave us volunteer shifts at the show - Tin Militia, Rod Tossers, Slackers, Five Aces, Voodoo Kings, Twisted Pistons, Oliver Built Group, The Aces, Wreckless Chicago, Piston Jammers, Instigators, Ton Up Club, Romin' Chariettes, Blackwalls, Chrome Czars and others I am probably forgetting now.

I am not sure how to make changes for the future, but changes have to happen. My wife has spent this past year working on these events and trying to raise funds to help other families who have experienced what we have with our daughter. To date we have only been able to give $5000 away. This $5000 is the only money that has been raised over the cost of the shows. The cost to put on these events is not cheap and we are looking for suggestions on how to make this work in the long term. Right now we are having a fun event, but we are not raising any money for the foundation. This can not happen long term, therefore some changes will have to be made. We are open to suggestions and if you have anything - please email me direct at [email protected]
    Hope to see everyone at the Retro Rewind - Cars and Guitars and Film Festival on January 11, 2014
    www.retrorewinddubuque.com

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Me too - I tried to personally thank each one of them for coming out.

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

We told trailers to park at the Harley Davidson lot.
    For those that don't remember, we had about 30 trailers parked in spectator parking in 2012. We could not have that happen again so we made arrangements to have off site parking. There was one guy I let park in the spectator lot because he had a drag car that was not street legal. About the time I was getting ready to make them park offsite, the rain came. There were a couple of trailers connected in the campgrounds- those guys were with Harley Davidson and they PAID extra for their trailers to park back there.
    We encourage everyone to drive their cars to the show.
    But if we did not allow trailers, we would not have Kosmic Outcast, Cockroach, or those amazing rides from WA state or those front engine dragsters.....
    This is a part of the show that people really enjoy and we may tweak some things next year, but I thought the trailer parking was far better from 2012 to 2013.

26. ...anyone know the owner of this truck,...his HAMB name?..pic taken at Iron Invasion last weekend...I lost his contact info....thanks

[​IMG]

27. von zipper

von zipper

Don't know him,but we waved at each other when we were heading east on rt14 on Sunday!

28. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I thought the Kosmic Outcast is driven to all the shows it attends?

29. von zipper

von zipper

Here's the pic of him I took in Cary at the light![​IMG]

30. silent rick

silent rick

continental john