Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Thanks SS ,glad you like it!!

Since we are living surrounded by chinese crap i really pay attention to any kind of cool stuff no matter if is a motorcycle ,car ,jukebox or somethin cool..
    Love to get my hands on old stuff that is made with style

2. sled

sled

Here's another one i did bought it early this year
    fully restored in Italy it has been imported into Mexico with a number of other Vespas,all this good and cool
    Actually i got this one for 5.5K,wich was cheap considering the prices in Italy,plus restoration,plus shipping and import taxes paid...so yeah,was a good deal and sold it already locally to a collector

Attached Files:

3. sled

sled

Yesss,a great day finally!!!
    Following these 59s since a while and the owner has been very informal and literally a pain in the butt ,not showin up at apointments and such...a weirdo really!
    But perseverance paid off today and with a positive attitude the guy finally opened his doors...actually he told me the 59s were located far away from this place,but whatever...i got pics finally
    These cars are sittin in this place for a number of years,and being 3 of em togheter,well...its the first tiome i found an Impala,Camino and a wagon all togheter in one place...so,im happy today!!!!
    Altought neglected this Camino is still savable..V8 283,3 on the tree manual
    side body moldings not orginal but who cares??a good project for a mild custom for sure

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    Pacorro likes this.
  4. sled

sled

Here the worse of the three...a 59 Impala 2D-HT
    it has the low budget 6 inline,manual tranny three on the tree
    the rear window is missing so the guy had at list the attention to cover the roof with some metal sheets avoiding water to damage the interior

Will be back this wednesday to start cutting brushes around and have a better wiew of it...today was a quick visit ,guy was busy but at list i could see and touh the cars finally

Sure this will have quite some rust on the lower panels and floors,im prepared for the worse here..guy wants to sell the lot of three togheter,lets see how it goes

Attached Files:

5. sled

sled

Well,you guys probably know that im not usually dealin more door cars except few exceptions and this is one of em...

Im a big fan of 59 wagons and since im livin in Mexico this is the very first 59 wagon that i could find,and luckily its a top of the line Kingswood,100% original ,V8 283 and with all the interior in one piece or almost...

Im overwhelmed on this one and start dreamin already ...i have plans for this one so i want it!!!!

Needs work but it has great potential...also i feel the drivetrain has not so many miles on it,lookin at the great condition of the driver's seat...no wear ,tear and such...mmmm,interesting!!

So,yeah,wednesday when back here early afternoon i will have way more time to take off the tarp ,check the third row of seats and make a buying strategy....a smily sunday here!!!

Attached Files:

6. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Hola again Sled! Nice triple find on the '59s. I notice the wagon has a metric speedometer; do you know how far back cars in Mexico were using that system? I guess it would be one way to know if the car was originally sold down there.

Long shot (and sorry if it's O/T) but with all the searching through junk yards and garages you've done, have you ever found any old WWII-era aircraft or pieces of one?

7. sled

sled

Chris,we don't use inches system,it's metric...so I assume since the spaniards invaded Mexico they exported the metric system wich is still in use...actually for daily we use them both here being so close to the States bu usually is metric

I don't have the history of the car but I can tell you more when I can check the papers ,then I'll know fo sure the history...it might have been sold brand new here too...Fords ,Hudson ,Chryslers were sold brand new in Mexico since the 30s

Nope,never found a real war plane yet...found a number of small ones from the 50s in aluminum but not old enuff to be war stuff...would love to.

8. rag-4

rag-4

Hey Sled... very nice finds. Is this deuce for sale? Any idea whats the price tag? thanks.

9. sled

sled

Rag-4...if you mean the 32 green Vicky yes,its for sale...will PM you the details

10. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Keep'em coming Sled. Coolest thread ever. Ever run across any cool tri-five pickups?

11. sled

sled

Thanks,glad you like it...yeah,there are a bunch of tri-five Chevys pickups down here..still in use in the countryside between farmers and such

12. kustomclassics

kustomclassics

Whats the ticket on the 62 also any 58 impalas for sale ?

13. sled

sled

Already PM'd you...

14. rag-4

rag-4

Hey Sled, I was referring to the 62 rag. Thanks. :cool:

15. sled

sled

Ahh,gotcha...you mentioned duece,so automaticaly there is only one duece to me!!

16. sled

sled

Kinda pissed today ,I had to cancel my three 59 Chevys planned for his afternoon..my back had a bad muscle stretch this morning and I'm stuck in bed for today...back in action soon and actually it's almost The Carrera Panamericana time again....

Will be moving to from DF to Vercruz day 22/23 oct at last,the real fun will begin again

Hey Ryan,when are you coming for such flat out racing adventure??

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  17. rag-4

rag-4

Got it...:D

18. Ga66mopar

Ga66mopar
    from Ga

Thanks Sled for posting all of the great pics. Enjoyed the thread.

19. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me there is only one and it's a DEUCE. Ron

20. sled

sled

Time ago a fellow Hamber asked me to check out this cool Alfa For sale in my neck of the woods
    went there and found out the owner is a friend o mine wich i havent seen for some years..he's an Alfa nut and had a number of em
    We took out the Giulietta Spider for a spirited drive and that was a fun afternoon..
    i dont think they struck a deal but it was a fun day for me anyway!

Attached Files:

21. sled

sled

Been super busy in the last months,almost no extra time left to scarf out some new stuff but in any case I've been lucky enuff to manage to buy another 32,this solid Tudor sedan in original running conds ,4 banger
    Three owners including myself,not much used considering the perfect floors and overall condition..
    Plan to hot rod this thing as soon time allows
    Happy new year and keep hunting

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  22. c57heaven

c57heaven

as usual, amazing finds.:cool:

23. sled

sled

I did towed the 32 away because of no current plates and registration..car is running quite smoothly actually but plan to put an old V8 in it for more power

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  24. sled

sled

Working on more cool stuff ,stay tuned

25. stardust

stardust
    from Serbia

we'll expecting some photos..<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" undefined="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object> :)

26. sled

sled

Well,what do you reckon here guys?

Attached Files:

27. 1932 Ford 5-window coupe?

28. sled

sled

Absolutely correct 31Dodger...the only pic I could get for now,place is too cramped and there is no space to even walk around the car,so I'm starting cleaning up soon ...then better pics will be taken
    They are still out there :D

29. G-man 32 ford 3w

G-man 32 ford 3w

U got that right, the ICE man has eyes........ Ship the hearse over anyway....lol

30. sled

sled

Wich hearse you want up there??i got a number of hearses at hand,ah,ah,ah