Register now to get rid of these ads!

Burbank Choppers...Valvoline commercial...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Oct 10, 2013.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

pretty sure this 3w belongs to Derron Wright of the Burbank Choppers...snapped a pic off the TV of the actual Valvoline commercial. They removed the hood top and his magnesium wheels and replaced them with steelies and wide whites...congrats to Derron.

Attached Files:

• 3w.JPG
      3w.JPG
      File size:
      439.4 KB
      Views:
    • derron.jpg
      derron.jpg
      File size:
      185.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Here's the 30 second "Under The Hood" Valvoline TV commercial:

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/io-Qb2HUCLs?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/io-Qb2HUCLs?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>​

NOTE: The 1 minute version of this Ad is available @ iSpot.tv

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I look up at my television every time that commercial comes on. I not buying any Valvoline, but it's a great ad.

4. You would be correct Larry.
    Thanks,
    D

5. Neat commercial.

6. I think they did the wheel and tire change and removed the hood was to make the coupe look more period specific for the commercial.

Regardless,the coupe looks great! HRP

7. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

How do you like your car with white wall tires?
    A friend emailed me a link, I watched it over and over, but could believe it was same car. I'm so used to seeing the car with mags.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea. The ad guys think ALL cars had WWW's in the 50's.:D

9. As in everything car related styles are regional.

In the 50's & 60's WWW were very popular with the custom guys,not quiet as popular with the hot rodders but we did see them. HRP

10. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Why not tfever ?? I use their VR-1 racing oil. It's got the zink zzdp stuff. Gongrats on the commercial Derron. Love them 3-windows, what a great car.

11. Here's a few more stills of Deron (dragnut) Wright's bitchin' Deuce 3wd:

Deron Wright's Deuce 3wd Coupe from Burbank Choppers website.JPG Deron Wright's Deuce 3wd Coupe in Valvoline 'Under The Hood' Ad.jpg
    Deron Wright's Deuce 3wd Coupe (by Mike Garrett).JPG Deron Wright's Deuce 3wd Coupe @ Back to the Beach 2009 (by TBomb428).JPG
    click thumbnails to enlarge

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My oil choice has nothing to do with test results. I use Pennzoil. It's what my dad swore by, so it's what I use.

13. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Hey Derron is that you in the drivers seat? John

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

nope...Derron's not that ugly...

wait...

...nevermind

15. Thanks for the compliments on the coupe.
    I thought I would fill in a few blanks.
    I was contacted by a car wrangler friend of mine about needing a " fifties hot rod" for a Valvoline spot. The project actually sounded cool-different eras of car guys using the oil. I sent him pics of my car and the meetings and dialog began.
    Back and forth emails, and ultimately, my car was chosen and needed to be changed from a mid 60's appearing hot rod to a late fifties hot rod. I handled all of the changes that were needed- Wheel and tire swap, lose the Moon tank, and pull the hood top. The goal was to create quick read, fifties, unfinished , hot rod that a couple of greaser types could be wrenching on in a garage/service station. I think it turned out well.
    I will leave the wheel combo on for a while for a bit of a change.

AJ: She drives smoother with the bigger front wheels.

John: No that is not me behind the wheel. Also hello, as we haven't spoken in a while.
    Bud's roadster is safe and sound. Progress continues at a snails pace.

Larry: thanks for the ugly comment (dick) Ha!

AND, there is only one R in my name.

D

16. Awesome. I knew this would be on here and that had to be a hamb car. I am curious about the flames. Did you already have a flame set up or was that something temp for the add? Bad ass coupe. Dd they pay for the different wheels?

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like that commercial, plays often on Velosity. What are the details on the T Speedster? Bob

18. I saw the commercial just a few minutes ago during the nascar race. HRP

19. Deron had www's on his Coupe when I saw him at the Throttle merchants magazine debut.
    Didn't make the connection til last night when I was looking at the pic's I took.
    Congrates deron! Beats my Taco Bell commercial,haha...

20. autobilly

autobilly

Good commercial. Probably won't air in Oz though, the burn-out may encourage Hoodlums.:eek:

21. I know my memory ain't what it use to be but I don't remember this. HRP

22. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

taco bell commercial

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BSU1tVoat1Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

23. Thanks,I don't think I've seen it. HRP

24. Tudor, the flames are a special effects fire gag, and yes they bought the tires. I had the wheels in my parts pile of doom.
    Looks like they are airing the living daylights out of this spot. Too bad I don't get residuals!
    D

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Congrats Derron .

26. The mags just scream "hot rod" but I'm really diggin' on the wide whites. It looks amazing in the commercial!

Either way, it's an awesome car!

JH

27. DanGrippo

DanGrippo
    from Mohnton PA

The people in the back ground are cardboard, is that bus real???

28. Cool spot! I never made the connection on whose hot rod was in the ad.

29. I thought that was your car.

30. You West Coast cats are all movie stars.........well at least your cars are.:D