Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help my whitewalls are rusting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THR1LL3R, Oct 11, 2013.

1. hoplias

hoplias
    from California

my friends did this when he got tiny spray from spray can under coat .He did not notice till it started to do that .

2. Ill try it, last time I used PP it made the rest of my tire have a white haze on it. :confused:

Im going to tonight..Thanks HRP;)

3. I was cautioned not to use Bleach White on my white walls by a tire seller. Recommended SOS pads.

4. robertsregal

robertsregal

It could be brake dust as stated I've seen this on white colored vehicles and would clean off with light buffing. Also we run diamond back white walls and they state specific cleaners to use and not to use and for what they cost I follow this instruction on ours!

5. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Yes it does do that but keep it wet and don't let it dry on the black part of the tire. I haven't used any cleaner that doesn't do that.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Metallic brake particles

Bingo!
    Go out into any parking lot and look at a white car, with a sloping hood, like a Honda, and look closely at the hood. Hot metal particles from brake pads landing on the surface. They burn in, so it's hard to remove them.

7. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

That looks like rail dust to me. I see it on a lot of light colored cars at my shop. It polishes off with a high speed buffer. For your case I would try some tire bleach.

8. Not to be a dick also , but the word is spelled too.

9. Looks like someone in the shop was grinding near them. Lots of mechanics out there are very haphazard about that, either out of ignorance or apathy. Also, I'd avoid the bleachwhite, it can dry out your whitewalls

10. I figured the grammar police would show up sooner or later.
    To is a versatile preposition. A few of its many definitions are (1) toward, (2) reaching as far as, and (3) until.<SUP>1</SUP> Too is an adverb meaning (1) additionally, (2) excessively, (3) very, or (4) extremely.<SUP>2</SUP> Whenever you’re in doubt about whether to use to or too, see if any of those synonyms of too (i.e., additionally, extremely, etc.) would work in its place. If none fits, then to is probably the word you’re looking for.
    Usually when someone uses to in place of too or vice-versa, it is simply a typo or an error made in a careless moment, so let’s not be too hard on people who occasionally mix them up. None of us is immune to such mistakes. When the mixup is habitual, however, it is a problem. Most people who speak English as a first language master the distinction in primary school, so the mixup can make one look either poorly educated or like a very unpracticed writer, which can be devastating when it comes to college applications or job-application cover letters.
    But on the HAMB where we are all talking about traditional rods and customs, who really cares?

11. Well, now I don't have to type anything.....

The Shift Wizard likes this.
  12. Model T1

Model T1

Two many members git too picky to often. We are not bein graded buy Ms. Jones.:rolleyes:
    As for those speckled white walls send pictures and complaints to Coker. I'm sure you would know the answer by now.

13. Actually it's "Too many members getting too picky too often, we are not being graded buy Ms. Jones":rolleyes:

Let's just say, too often the two of us can agree to disagree! :D HRP

14. Model T1

Model T1

I agree to disagree with your agreement. Actually it's "Too many members are getting too picky too often. We are not being graded by Ms. Jones.":)

15. I agree to disagree with you. It's two members that are to disagree about too much on those two points.

16. Model T1

Model T1

I agree..................... Now back two the question before we get tooo far off topic.:D

17. IF you are into real nostalgia, all whitewalls back in the day got orange rust speckles after being scrubbed all he time with ordinary steel Brillo pads! My dad's old buick had that orange speckled look back in '55! Relax you can't live on your knees anyway!

18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You said it. I can't even keep my blackwalls clean.

19. Uh, shouldn't that be "None of us are immune to such mistakes."? Sorry, I couldn't resist - it's the proofreader/editor in me that's coming out (as well as having to generate, edit and re-edit resumes and cover letters since I lost my job before Labor Day) :p. I, too, get very annoyed with how "to" and "too" are used incorrectly, moreso than rust/tar specs on my whitewalls. The incorrect use of "where" and "were" also get under my skin - but, then again, so does turning whitewalls inside and running the blackwalls outside. I hope you can get this issue straightened out with Coker.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

21. Emailed last night, still waiting for a response... Probably won't hear from them till Monday.
    I watched the guys mount them, no grinders they are just a tire shop.
    As for the guy that posted "brake dust burning into the tires" and the other that said "steel belts are rusting" into the tire, stop posting on here
    and stay away from cars

22. Edjan

Edjan

when I clean my WWW I use simple green and 600 grit. If it is metal; try Iron X, it is usually used for painted parts so no guaranty.

23. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Aaahhhh! You must be new! ;)

24. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Posted from a rotary phone.

Attached Files:

25. Christom

Christom

Now this IS funny! hahahahahahahahahaha.......:D

26. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

Oh no, dirty tires!!

[​IMG]

27. ChefMike

ChefMike

were they cutting or grinding something when your tires were being balanced? cause it looks like to me that some rust was in the air and hit your tires. just a thought!

28. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

OK, I said it might be brake particles. So why the hell should I stay off a thread, You don't want a possible solution? Or just being a jackass? YOU don't think that's possible? How long have you been building cars. How long have you owned an old car. how long have you been running wide whites on your car?
    As for me...a long time. Probably longer than you've been alive.

29. So this hot metal particles only happens to old cars? Gotcha

More of a reason to run smoothies huh?

30. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I thought "patina" was a badge of honor