Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Primers

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by camcb, Oct 11, 2013.

1. camcb

camcb

I'm looking to use Sherwin Williams Genesis E2A933 primer on my rust buckets and wanted to know if you guys had any experience with it? Any advice maybe?

2. rdomeck

rdomeck

PPG DP40 epoxy primer.... Now if you talking about surfacer, something you can block smooth, go with Evercoat slick sand for a couple of times and then switch to PPG K36 or K38. Sherwin Williams isn't the best when it comes to automotive stuff. It works but there are better product....

3. ph8ed4life

ph8ed4life
    from AZ

I've always heard good things about the SPI epoxy primer sealer, but haven't personally used it. Check out their site (google 'southern polyurethane inc.) and dedicated forum, I've also heard the customer service is top notch

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. SherrillHotrods

SherrillHotrods

Ppg DP EPOXY PRIMER is the way to go.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. DP was good in it's day, but now it DPLF (lead free) and I wouldn;t put it on lawn furniture, let alone a car.
    SPI Epoxy is the way to go !!!!!!!!!

6. camcb

camcb

Well I own a gallon of it along with the reducer and catalist let's see if its worth a crap...