Register now to get rid of these ads!

7.00-18 Firestone in the “old” Tread Pattern – Limited Production Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTaulbert, Sep 15, 2013.

1. clockwork30

clockwork30

Just saw this thread. I'm down for 2 pairs.

2. squash

squash

This thing needs to stay on top!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

This is a good thread.......Interesting.......

4. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

5. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

not to beat a dead horse, but bttt

We only have about 24 tires to go......

6. db300

db300

Love what you guys are doing with this project....btt

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

You should work for Coker. You just pre-sold 60 special order tires in a month :D !
    Coker might as well stoke up production. You'll easily have another 24 said for by the time they pop them from the mold in 6-10 weeks.

Great looking tire. And with the success demonstrated here, something tells me Coker won't wait 5 years to run them again.

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

BTTT....Was out at Carlisle last weekend and talked to a couple of the reps from Coker there. No one knew anything about getting on the waiting list. Nothing on their computer about it either. I don't know if they just weren't in the know, or didn't care.....but I've got a friend who wants to get a set!

9. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I think a lot of people assume I work for Coker now with all the promotion I've done with the tire.......

I don't know about the 5 year next production chance.....that's just what they told me up front. I do know that they're pleased with the response so far - but I bought a couple extras just in case the 5 year thing is true.

I suspect most at Coker in sales don't know about this limited production run. When their product development team gave this a go, they set up only one sales contact guy at Coker to deal with. When anyone has contacted me with interest in order, I give you that guys contact information.

I'll PM you the ordering information, if you could pass it along to your friend.

10. anyone else looking for these tyres.
    Al.

11. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Thanks for bumping the thread Allan. I talked to Coker today, and we have 10 tires left to be pre-ordered.....so now is not the time to hesitate if you're interested. I know of 6 more tire orders coming in, only leaving 4....

We can go over the 84 tire order of course, but Coker won't keep that window open very long once the order has been filled.

Also - if anyone who placed their pre-order got a delivery recently of the 7.00-18 Firestone Balloon tire, call Zach again. The shipping department accidentally shipped what they thought were orders on a certain day. Coker will send the return shipping info for you guys (they said there were only a few that went out).

12. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Mine are ordered as of this afternoon. I was told 6 tires are left.

NOW... where can I get two 18" wires to match the '35 Ford wires that will be doing the steering duties? Original '32 wheels or aftermarket? Anyone know?

13. A BONED

A BONED

Finally found the thread you had sent me earlier Big Al, nice pie crust tires, pity I've already got delivery of the newer type tread pattern ones...

14. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Wheelkid on here makes new 18" wires, but he usually has originals in stock as well. Baxter Ford Parts in Lawrence, KS is closer to you, and they usually have a good inventory in wheels too.

15. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Great info. Thank you very much!

Edit : I didnt realize he was actually Rally America. Found that site a few minutes ago.

16. cory, what are the numbers looking like?.
    Al.

17. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

As of the middle of last week, we had fulfilled the minimum 84 tire pre-order! I'm pretty happy with that.....84 tires in just a fews days over 4 weeks of ordering.

Coker is supposed to be getting the mold out this week to begin production. According to Zach, he'll call everyone when their tires are ready to ship.

Also, Coker will keep the pre-order window open for a little while just in case anyone wants to get the tires......but don't expect that to last very long.

18. thats good news, once again great work on your part.
    Al.

19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i just called in and reserved a set !

20. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

They are taking orders till the tire run starts 12/5/2013 .

21. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I got a call from the Coker contact, Zach Lumpkin, today. Apparently, some people have been ordering the Firestone 7.00-18 through Summit Racing. Of course, they're pissed when the '30s Balloon tread pattern shows up, instead of the tire that's in this special order. And to top it off, they've been calling Coker and venting their frustration.

So again.......

For anyone wanting the tire, YOU MUST pre-order it through Coker tire only. For anyone who has already ordered, you know that I handed out the contact information in an effort to prevent just calling Coker in general or a vendor - as they would most likely have no idea what you were talking about.

If you ordered through Summit - sorry, but it's not even the right item number or product photo (and you should've taken this thread a little more seriously). For anyone who still needs or wants to pre-order tires, call Zach (his information is below):

Zach Lumpkin
    1-800-251-6336 extension 256
    [email protected]

22. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Ordered my tires today.

23. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I just got a call from Coker. They are putting the tires into production next week and look to be shipping them by the new year.

24. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Thanks for updating this. Zach called me this morning, and I was planning to update this thread with that info (you beat me to it).

25. I just wanted to say congratulations on this. I saw these on Instagram back in September, and thought they looked awesome. Wish I had 18" wheels, or the money to spend on them.

Good job on seeing this one through to fulfillment.

26. squash

squash

Thanks cory for your persistence seein this thing out! I got the call from Coker today too!

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My guess is the dished side is the back of the wheel. Late 20's Packard.
    [​IMG]

28. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

Has anybody heard a concrete date on the shipping yet?

29. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I left a voicemail with Zach today, and will update this thread as soon as I hear. It should be soon though based from the last timing update. Hopefully those guys are working this week - if not, our answer may come next week.

30. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Good news everyone - the tires are all made, and will start shipping out the first of next week!