Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Hey Baumi,good to hear from ya as well...as you see I don get bored around here,ah!! Hope is all well with you
    Got lot of good stuff to post ,time permitting ;)
    Hope to meet you again somewhere in Europe soon

2. sled

sled

Time to update some stuff fellas
    this was some months ago,when i had the chance to go to los Altos de Jalisco province,in search of a 32 phaeton bucket wich i previously posted...the 32 is gone but on the way back we tried to make the tour profitable and visited a local collector after long time...
    i remembered this dusty but solid Chevy coupe and i still think is a good buy ..all restored but since there are some guys working fixin cars on the same building the place is a mess,lots of dust in there there
    Anyway ,was a cool tour..i did not bought this one since i got better options in my hand

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Pacorro likes this.
  3. sled

sled

There are (or at list i found em ) lots of 46/48 Mercs coupes in Mexico but i rarely seen a two door sedan ,and especially in this restored shape conds..kinda unusual,not rare!
    Same owner of the above posted Chevy coupe...same garage and same dust around...very clean indeed,once washed and out it will be a cool one!

Attached Files:

4. sled

sled

Some more random stuff that the guys are workin on in the same werehouse...
    There are a number of restored covered early Mustangs but they OT so i think we're fine with these here

Attached Files:

5. sled

sled

Another story here...last june some US friends came down to DF lookin for nice classic cars to buy...one day we went to this place for a photo session needed and while lookin the place out (and old metal factory wich had the right look) at the very end we discovered this 28/29 A Ford sitting there...the owner of the place is a car collector and couple of em stashed away in the huge factory...not for sale and while lookin at it the rooflines are quite odd to me but but its a cool A nonetheless...you never know where they are hidden away!!!

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  6. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

thanks sled,, cool stuff as always.:cool::D

7. Aeroman

Aeroman

Los Altos de Jalisco...mis raíces

8. sled

sled

Aeroman,alla siguen muy prosperas tus tierras gracias a su gente trabajadora...
    Los Altos,pulling out strong up there,very hard working people

9. sled

sled

Glad you're havin fun ...always trying to open the next door,ya know

10. sled

sled

Im always been more into US cars but in the last years i had the chance to discover and drive more and more old Porsches and these are growing on me..
    you can really feel the difference on the evolution between the early 50s and the early 60s,a lot!
    Met another collector and passionate guy in town last year that is mostly into german stuff..he found this 52 PreA Porsche in a very poor state and missing parts and it took a number of years to put it back to full glory...a hard mission,he said and in the process he changed couple things (like the interior color) to suit his own taste better...remarkable results,i will say!!
    Lots of trips to the States to get elusive rare parts too,and heaps of money spent on such details...cool car,very seldom driven at this point

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  11. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

Great looking Porsche ,

a few small things wrong with the motor , but easily changed once you find the correct parts

12. sled

sled

Yeah,owner told me that it was quite a pain to find all the small correct parts for such car..and if you go earlier in PreA stuff is even worse...apparently easy but its not!

13. sled

sled

A local friend o mine owns this 32 Vicky since many years..he bought in the States in the later 70s or early 80s,not sure..
    He's 84 now and still preserving his beloved beauty,but almost not driving it anymore due to age and heavy traffic in his area
    Updated with a 3w dash and lots of hard to find accessories ,plus the 35 louvers hood
    Mint Henry steel body and fenders
    Sorry for the dust fellas

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  14. sled

sled

To keep up the Vicky stuff here's another cool one
    a 33 Vicky in very nice conds,bought in Texas in the late 70s and imported into Mexico where it still resides today
    very seldom used these days
    equipped with a rare set of 14" Jumbo rims,including the spare one
    anybody knows how many 33 Vickys with a 4 banger were made??
    I heard only 25 of em,is that true???Ford experts ,please step up..

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  15. sled

sled

Here some more pics of the 33 Vicky
    note the cool accessory clock in the glove box

Attached Files:

16. sled

sled

Busy weekend trying to follow some leads in town..
    meet up some friends wich they new about a couple 59 chevys east of DF but the owner went off of town for an emergency..
    to kill some time we went to check out a mechanic wth some cars projects laying around..nothin special but this 54 Merc was unexpected at the very end of the house
    not bad conds at all,original drivetrain on and running...waitin a price on this one ,see if a deal can be cut
    Honestly these days im totally more older Mercs as you might know,39/40s do it for me,not stock ones
    Could'nt see the 59s at the end of the day but i have set an apointment for this wednesday..stay tuned!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    Pacorro likes this.
  17. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

as always cool stuff sled, thanks

18. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

Sled,
    Keep them coming!!
    You are my "uncle gold digger" who make my day perfect with your stories!!

19. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Impressed, as always. Thanks for sharing, Sled.

20. rag-4

rag-4

Hey Sled.. glad to see you have been finding more rides out in Mexico. Any Impalas? I might be going out to Jalisco soon.

21. Maybe you should look at the "Clock" again...sure looks like a Radio to me

22. sled

sled

Oppsss,posting too quick,sorry!Of course its an accessory radio!

23. sled

sled

Yep,a 62 ragtop available wich has been rescued from a 6 years storage,no SS but a cool running car ,metallic blue with blue interior..

and fingers crossed on some 59s ,wich i have to check tomorrow..cant wait!

Pacorro likes this.
  24. slammed

slammed

Many nice finds sled!

25. sled

sled

Thanks ,currently workin on more as usual...cant get enuff!
    Everybody keeps tellin me there are less and less cars around but for some reasons they still pop up or find me,ah!;)

26. rag-4

rag-4

Any pics of the 62 ragtop?

I came across a 59 HT earlier this summer at a car corral/swapmeet.

27. sled

sled

Yeah ,i took em but I just realized I lost my camera ,I think I left it in a friends car yesterday ..I'm pissed because of all the pics in the memory,currently trying to find It..fingers crossed

28. sled

sled

Ufffff,finally found my camera and here we go,back in action
    Here are the 62 Impala convertible previously mentioned
    solid car overall,just out of 6 years storage
    Not an SS ,manual windows but still a cool convertible to have fun with
    still needs some work of course but its already a plus getting em so solid

Attached Files:

29. sled

sled

Been out on car hunting yesterday but not much luck...with a scout o mine we went to a very bad neighbour checkin some early generation Mustangs..all junk stuff being coupes and rotted out so not even worth it to show them here
    but interestingly enuff one of the brothers is an avid collector of italian scooters among other stuff and he's workin on this not so common 46/47 Vespa "faro basso" ..found it in poor conds its takin shape..
    unfortunately the original engine is missing but it will be replaced with a modern one make it more reliable for the city
    I could'nt take more pics,my camera battery died suddenly but you get the idea

Attached Files:

30. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Sled, that is one cool Vespa!