Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage hot rod parts overload/going to the scrapper PICS FIXED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Sep 29, 2013.

1. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Make sure you gather up all of the OT consoles!! You'll have no problem selling those.

2. Buzznut

Buzznut

I hope you get most of the good stuff...you're doing the hobby a service and I applaud you. I know the headache sorting through this stuff can be. While you're digging through one pile finding nothing, you're regretting that wasted time and trying to rack your brain on which pile will contain some good stuff...all under a deadline. Just be methodical and know you did the best you could come Saturday.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing what kind of 1955-1957 Chevy pickup parts you end up with.

3. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Great idea. Here's the link:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=41896

Not in any particular order, but they're all in there!

Mac

4. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ya, give me a call buddy and I'll tell you all about it. It's been fun!

5. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Pictures are fixed.

6. buggy5872

buggy5872

Wow....I see 55-59 chevy truck parts everywhere.....hope you can save some of the sheet metal.....us boys in the north east would love to have that stuff. Good luck getting all you can.

7. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Tomorrow we are going in full force to get as much stuff as possible or that we can afford and find somewhere to store it...

8. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm getting giddy. This is like the night before christmas.... Vette parts, tri-5 parts, OT parts, axles, wheels, carbs, heads, intakes, lights, doors, hoods, grills, trim, bumpers, seats, oh ya, and TONS of bird and mice turd. I think I already have hantavirus, but I'm going back for more.

Come Saturday afternoon, storage is going to be a real problem for me. Milkweed, inform the family that your living room will be full of fenders for a few months!

9. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Living room is already full.. gonna have to use the kitchen....

10. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Hahaha!! You guys are great!! Have fun!!! :D

11. I am sure there are some hambers near you that can help with the storage problems. Wish I were closer, I would make room.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Looking forward to hearing the results.Sounds like you have enough hands to really do some serious picking.

13. Sauli

Sauli

Seeing the ´58 Chevy passenger car fender, the ´59 El Camino Doors&tailgate, ´60 Chevy passenger car hoods+the grille with the headlamp pods attached, etc. , I´d say You´d do well by trying to save as much of the ´58-60 Chevy passenger car sheetmetal and brightwork as possible. Said items in good condition seem to be "big-ticket items" these days, esp. so if it fits an El Camino or a 2dr Impala, and generally just too cool to pass up if the other option for it is "getting scrapped" like You say. Good luck.

14. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

No time for pictures yet because I'm unloading parts, but today was a success. Tons of tri-5 Chevy sheet metal, more 409 heads, bunches of corvette stuff, more 12 bolt rear ends, some hemi parts, just as much as we could fit in three trucks and trailers today. There's still more to go back for, so I'm sure we will have an episode 2 of this tread. Pics coming soon.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Although Chevys ain't ever been my thing, I saw one the other day that someone had built as a car hauler as I was headed home, guy had a 2 nice looking old cars in tow,both I recognized as to be early to mid 60's Chevys and all we're very nice looking,good luck,and god bless you for what parts you are able to save!!!!!

16. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

That place was a gold mine

17. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

When we pulled in this morning, it was a sad site. They've made lots of progress in the excavator. These are the only pics I took today because we only had until 2 to get what we could....
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030024.672934.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030042.099810.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030054.806742.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030069.794037.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030086.490178.jpg

18. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Here's one shot of us loading and one shot of some 1940s Harley wheels we found in the basement.

19. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Oops, forgot the attachment.... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030187.770529.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381030202.816063.jpg

20. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

place looks awesome

i applaud your efforts

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

many thanks to you guy for doing all you can to put some of these parts back into circulation. Its sad to see that lots are still going to the scrapper but I'm glad your saving what you can. Without guys like you this stuff would just slowly disappear. If I were closer I'd love to help. Also you got to it before American Pickers or Found in a Barn did.

22. Bigjake

Bigjake

That's a cool looking building to boot. I bet it's amazing to climb all over that place and just keep finding treasure. I know that I for one could spend days in a place like that just looking at shit let alone trying to beat the scrappers to it.

23. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

So I got the 1956 two door post and tons of extra 56 parts. lots of four speed shifters and a few trannies, scored some really cool cast pedastal's for grinders and what not and tons of anything I could load up....

24. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm working a deal as we speak on the cab over box van. No title, but I think Utah is a pretty good state when it comes to having titles reissued. Sounds like its going to be a month or so before he gets around back to where it is sitting.

25. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

What a score. Keep going and grabbing more until the scrappers clean it all up. Grab anything that you can. Everything in that place has value of some sort. WOuld be a real shame to destroy it cuz the bank wants it cleaned up. Has anyone tried contacting the bank involved to see about buying a bit more time? Sometimes financial institutions are willing to cooperate if you are helping clean the place up

26. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

At this point, you have better luck doing what you're doing with the contractor. He is probably on a bid contract or time and material basis, it would cost him a bunch to shut down and the bank would probably not want you there if they knew.

27. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

I was jonesing over that bad boy too.,:eek:

28. jungle_josh

jungle_josh

Glad to hear some was salvaged good find thanks for the pics

29. Very cool Mac!

30. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

This isn't just a bunch of free stuff either. We have to pay for everything we get, so we are being a little picky about what we take. It's cheap, but it ain't free! So far we have pretty much avoided the truck stuff. There's tons of truck doors and hoods, but I'm not a truck guy so that's getting overlooked... Such a bitter-sweet situation.