Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. On the way back to Knoxville. This was the best hot rod event on the planet! My brother and I got to meet some of the most down to earth hot rodders that share the same passion as us. It was a blast taking the 78B car down the beach and giving it hell. Thank you Mel and the Oilers for putting on a hell of a show! We will be back next year and plan on building something just to take back.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Mike toppled all the V8 competition as well? Wow! Congratulations Mike!!!

The World Famous Swindlers G.K.Y.

3. jkeesey

jkeesey

What a great event. Schedule me down for running next year. Take a rest Mel after those spills you took today.

4. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

The entire VILLAINS crew and I had a blast and the 46v 33 5 wdw ran pretty good for not having any real tune time .Mel and the rest of the oilers have pulled it off again. Thanx guys , and to all of you other HAMB'rs that I met and raced thanx for such a good time .

5. Thank you so much everyone! What a time.

6. Thanks Mel -The Oilers Car Club & all the volunteers who made this one of the best motor events of the season!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  7. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Thanks for everyone. Great to see a lot of old friends. It has been too long. I hope I don't look as old as you!!!!

Thanks Mel.

Larry

8. sawzall

sawzall

9. Here are a few shots i took ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381143088.558638.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381143117.906675.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381143130.989556.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381143174.279779.jpg

Attached Files:

10. This just in... The server went down yesterday and they quickly moved to another server that also failed.

Apparently from to many people trying to view it.

Sure wished you were all here! I had the time of my life.

11. Oh, and there will be footage up today!

12. Thanks Mel! The Colorado crew had a great time! Really happy we made the trek out! Spectacular event!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381147486.544831.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381147514.714658.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381147550.915955.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381147571.213064.jpg

13. Scott McCann of DeLuxe Speed Shop taking home the big money!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381147648.585944.jpg

14. Elrod

Elrod

A huge thanks to everyone who came out and for all of you who have supported the Oilers and the dream to bring vintage racing back! It's really all of you that make this event what it is. Logistically putting over 100 museum pieces next to the ocean and watching them do what they were made to do doesn't just happen. We appreciate you guys for seeing our vision and bring some truly amazing machines out to race.

Let's do it again!

15. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

It was great hanging with you guys, see you in colorado.

16. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

What a great day on Saturday! Met a lot of great folks! Got to cruise in a cool Woodie(thanks Jeff), got some sun(thanks sun), chatted, saw some cool cars and racing, got to see some of the builds I've been watching on the HAMB (Andy, John), and finally got to get my wagon build moving again(thanks Pat).

Thanks Mel for a great Day!:D

17. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Amazing time again!!! Unreal waking up and realizing what just happened this weekend. Now to make the trip home and go threw all the photos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great weekend. Thanks to the Oilers and everyone that pulled this off. Mel, Tom, Dan, Jeff, the "kids", everyone else I talked to and hung out with. Back at work this morning, but just want to leave and go run my car on a random beach. I will be useless today.

And thanks to Duck Tape for letting my kids at home watch daddy run his car on the beach. They loved it. They were down on Saturday but had to go home for Sunday.

19. T__N__A

T__N__A

Thanks guys, took down a few V8's and a bike as well. Apparently i was only running one carb on Saturday and didnt even know it, there was a set screw on the linkage connecting the carbs that was loose on the front carb . Fixed that and the car REALLY came alive for the sunday races.

Me and my dad had a blast. It was definitely worth driving the 3,000 miles. Mel, Tommy, all the Oilers and everyone else that helped out put on such a great show. I was here early on Wednesday and saw alot of the hard work these guys had to do to put on such an amazing event. Thanks again guys!!!

-Mike

P.S. Where is 00?

20. Marcy

Marcy

One of the most fun shows I've been to!
    Thanks Tommy, Mel, Jason and all the other Oilers.

Marcy

21. Elrod

Elrod

What a great car Mike!! Always brought a huge grin to all of us every time you ran! Loved watching you do those victory laps Saturday afternoon! Well deserved win!!

22. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

What an awesome event. I am so glad that I was able to see these vehicles up close and personal. Talk with the owners and drivers, hear their stories, and in some cases sit in their cars! Truly a surreal event. Thanks oilers, wildwood, and all the vendors for all their support!

23. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Said it last year and I'll say it again, it was EPIC!! Awesome event in an awesome place!! Thanks to the visionary Mel and co. to dream it and make it happen AGAIN..If you missed it,get yer a$$ here for the (hopefully) next years event!

So many great cars and bikes. Each one of them was killer!Watching Mike Santiagos little white banger run was one of the highlights fer sure!

24. ELD

ELD

Due to high traffic The Race of Gentlemen Live Feed presented by Duck Tape® yesterday had issues, it is now archived and available to view, don't all run at once! http://theraceofgentlemenlive.com/#/watch

25. onetruth1130

onetruth1130

Pretty much the best hotrod event I've been to. I'm still feeling excited about it. Now I wanna sell my 51 Chevy and get something I can enter next yr!

Attached Files:

26. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Such an awesome event! We had a blast! I hope you guys can keep it going for many years to come.

27. ELD

ELD

FAN ART! Watercolor Of Travis' #11 by Jimmy Leslie
    [​IMG]

28. sinticket

sinticket

Great job Oilers... It was THE best event of the year! We had a great time! Already looking forward to next year! Great time had by all!

29. lorodz

lorodz

Haha...
    Hey mike congrats to you and your family, you and your dad are awsome straight up dudes. Glad you beat out the competition, hopefully next year you and I get to go head to head on the sand. Got a couple tricks for the flathead Im gonna try.just gotta ok it with the big dog, mel.. hope you and ya father have a blast at Hershey.

30. 56shoebox

56shoebox

An amazing, amazing event! Nothing like it anywhere. The logistics involved in getting that event off the ground just blows me away. How in the hell did you guys think that one up????

I don't know what Wildwood charged you guys for their part but they did a great job too. They plowed a road in the sand from the boards to the water line. They built sand dune bleachers. Did they also provide the big generator truck? There was a free parking lot south of the convention center for everyone to park in. (I don't know if that was supposed to happen or if someone just moved a barrier and everyone poured in or what. Every where else in Wildwood the lots were charging and the street meters were still up and functioning.)

The whole event was just surreal. Old time racing on the beach. Hot rods filling the lots of classic, beachtown, art deco motels. When the fog rolled in Saturday afternoon it just made the event even more dream like.

Speaking of dream like. Who were those two flag girls. OMG!!!!! They were beautiful angels. Who ever the boyfriends of those goddesses are you had "better put a ring on it". My goodness, I am in love. LOL!!!!

And the color commentator guy. He was funny as hell. What is his day job? If it isn't in radio or entertainment he is definetly missing his calling.

The photos I am seeing from the event are all instant classics. A lot of great printable shots. I can't wait for next year. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.