Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. They looked especially strange in '60s gasser trim -- jacked up, they seemed ten feet tall.

droppedstepside likes this.
  2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

SPAM alert!! Anyone wanting to build a 37 Chevy Delivery here's your chance. My dad has one that he's owned for at least 30 years and its for sale. It's a total project, but it's mostly complete. PM me if you want details.

3. The HAMB has a classified section for selling cars and parts... :D

4. jan bogert

jan bogert

yea, I took notice the hamb, is getting strict on appling their rules. seems like things are changing. even in making a post on a fourm.

5. Looks a little bit like George Cureton's Tokyo Rose with its second, blue paint job.

6. I love em! They're rare, too. Sources say only 5,226 produced. I'm surprised we see as many as we do.

7. rick finch

rick finch

8. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's my Dad's chevy back in about 1972 in Odessa, Texas. I am not sure of the model but think it is a 38. This was taken shortly after he towed it home. Thats me on the hood with my older brother and sister on the lights. It was an abandoned laundry truck that ended up woth a 283, 4 speed, and a 57 chevy rear. I would like to find it or a close match for my Dad - I came close to finding one on the HAMB but the truck sold before I could check it out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    Model T1 likes this.

9. Sweet. Love the color and stance!

Model T1 likes this.
  10. RARE57

RARE57

Never seen any of them before ... Very COOL !

11. RARE57

RARE57

wow...very cool !

12. RARE57

RARE57

"lov'em" !!

13. vh1950

vh1950

Here's one.

Attached Files:

oldtymehiboy and droppedstepside like this.
  14. It is a '38. Do you have a photo of it when it was done?

15. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No - this is the only photo that I know of. the interior and bodywork were done and it was in primer when he sold it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. RARE57

RARE57

I own a (1 of 92) "57" Chevy Window/Delivery; as seen in my Avatar.I need to get photos of her!
    I've always "LOVED" the "Sedan Deliveries" of any make/year!
    June of 2003; I was out for an early morning cruise and saw a "57" Chevy "Nomad"(so I thought) For Sale. Drove passed...realized it was not a "Nomad"...went back(one of the best decisions I've ever made)! Sign read.."California Car/Government Issue/Forestry Vehicle-never saw a winter! 1 of 92 produced"! Looked her over...Very Clean! Had to have her!! Made a phone call and purchased her(cheap)! Always dreamed of owning a "57" Chevy. "LOVE" the body style!
    Powered by a SB400/700R4 Tranny.Last year;Custom exhaust by "Baron"..ceramic coated headers/flow masters.
    "Boyd Coddington" Rims; personally given to "alfin32"(as I was told by the guy I purchased it from).To my knowledge; "alfin32" purchased and had the "57" transported from California to Massachusetts. Eventually sold her to a "Snap-On" salesman...he needed quick $ to purchase a house...and there I was..."Right place at the Right time"! ....if this car could speak...WOW!! The stories it could tell! "Sedan Deliveries are COOL!; even with windows !! My plate reads "RARE57" !:D

Model T1 likes this.
  17. slammed

slammed

18. RARE57

RARE57

Nice "Deliveries"....your Avatar photo is "VERY NICE" ! :)

19. Thanks, would love to know more about the window delivery.

20. When I was a kid I was a 57 nut (still love em lol) and I went to check out what I thought was a two door wagon. The guy wanted what I thought was a little too much money for it. He told me it was a panel with window. Showed how the rear opened up etc. It really was a delivery, I guess it was some sort of government car.

Nother one of those I shoulda bought it stories we all have.

21. Here's a long-time, locally owned, '38 Chevy at the 2013 TRJ Revival in Baltimore.

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  22. There was a 56 Chevy Forest Service wagon with the sedan delivery style rear door in the movie North by Northwest. The first one shown, not the second one. So many movies have a problem with continuity.

rodbiz likes this.
  23. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

nice id like that next to my pu

24. Anyone know how many there were? How were they badged?

25. displaced_kiwi

displaced_kiwi
    from Olathe KS

Cool, a sedan delivery thread. All nice rides posted already. I have noticed more coming out of the woodwork the last few years. They are starting to get more love ;)

Heres my 47 Chevy. I built it up over about a 4 year period, drive and use it as much as possible. 355 & m20.

cheers
    ricki

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  26. slammed

slammed

Chevrolets: 55 SDL = 8,811
    56 SDL = 9,445
    57 SDL = 7,273
    58 SDL = 7,466
    59 SDL = 5,266
    60 SDL = 5,310 http://www.bestintexas.com/cars/57codes.htm

27. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

aren't those window deliveries really " HANDYMAN" wagons ?

28. slammed

slammed

Locate the vehicle identification number on the driver's side door jam.

Examine the first character of the VIN. This is the engine type. The letter V is used for a V8 engine. Six cylinder engine configurations were not listed.

Sponsored Links

Used Car History Check
    Help Protect Yourself from Damaged Cars with a Vehicle History Report.
    www.AutoCheck.com
    Interpret the second character. This is the vehicle model. The letter A is for a 150 model, B for a 210, C for a Bel Air and D for a delivery sedan.

Decode the third and forth characters of the VIN. This is the manufacturing year. The numbers 57 are used for a 1957 vehicle.

Interpret the fifth character. This indicates the final assembly plant. The letter A is for Atlanta, Georgia; B for Baltimore, Maryland; F for Flint, Michigan; J for Janesville, Wisconsin; K for Kansas City, Missouri; L for Los Angeles, California; N for Norwood, Ohio; O for Oakland, California; S for Saint Louis, Missouri; and T for Tarrytown, New York.

Decode the sixth through 11th characters. This is the production sequence of the vehicle. The numbers began at 100001 in 1957. This is also the serial number of the car.
    References
    AK 57 Chevy: 1957 Chevrolet History
    Great Old Cars: 1955-1957 Chevy Vehicle Identification Numbers
    Photo Credit Close up detail of a classic car at a car show image by Rob Hill from Fotolia.com

29. slammed

slammed

No, conversions were ordered. When the tailgate is lift up/one piece as well.

30. slammed

slammed