Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Royal Tahitian Mercury...need some history

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by bobwop, Sep 19, 2013.

1. hope to see it at a show, you can do that with it
    trying to get my riv ready for some driving soon, but the water pump is gone and its only 29,000 miles

2. ITS the same kar! mike bennet is the owners name .he lives in ypsilanti mich he i was told.was asking $ 30,000.00 but that coulda changed by now. Or did someone purchase this Merc here recently?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You are on the wrong website. We like and drive old cars here. :)

4. Kustomism

Kustomism

Beautiful car!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

drove it this morning. sure does drive nice on those radials!

make sure you come to Dubuque in January for Coolstuff's Retro Rewind show.

the Royal Tahitian will be a feature car.

6. John builds some real sweet rides. and thats REAL SWEET

7. U-235

U-235

"You are on the wrong website. We like and drive old cars here."

Nope....I AM a traditional custom guy. I've been driving customs longer than you've been alive. I don't just drive around town, I drive long distances and believe me radials are far superior to belted tires. I run both Cokers and Diamondbacks. With my Diamondbacks your hard-pressed to tell the difference between them and belted. I participated (invited actually) in the east coasts most prestigious car show, where the judges were men in the industry/hobby whose names you would recognize, placing 1st in class beating the MOST iconic/famous custom ever built. No one even mentioned that I was running on radials (Cokers). Now, if your building or have a traditional rod like I do, and the tires are hanging out there, then, yes belted look the best(which is what I have), even tho some of my friends are running the square shouldered UPS truck radials. But please do not insinuate I am not a traditionalist. I like and DO drive old cars.

8. Awesome rig, for sure! Other than those horrible smoothie wheels and radials, the car is perfect.

Steelies with caps, and some G78's and call it done!

9. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Flippers and G78's look straight 1955 on that car.........smoothies and radials.......1985 IMHO :)

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks Dustin. Good to hear from you

11. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

It needs a suspension adjustment the back is too high otherwise a great car.

12. I can't make out the hubcap that well, but it looks like a 56/57 Lincoln cap with olds flippers and a bullet...anyone else have better eyes out there?

13. phat rat

phat rat

Forget all the critics! Drive it and enjoy it!!!! Or you could bring it over here and park it in my garage and I'll exercise it for you.

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I love your Eames chair.

Nice Mercury too.

Bias ply tires rule