Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic Stock Car Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indybigjohn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Beautiful job on that. :D

2. Falconred

Falconred

That looks great, thanks for preserving history and restoring the car as the car it was.

3. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Wow! Beautiful!

Kevin

4. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

5. C5HM

C5HM
    from TX

Thanks Guys!

[​IMG]

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

Beautiful job, all around! What a great restoration!

Would the serial# indicate that this is the 41st car built in '64? Wonder how many total?

7. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

C5, Buz is a fantastic letterer. He's really hitting the mark. Beautiful work Mr. McKim. This beauty is coming to life at the hands of of true aficionado's of the sport. Can't wait to see the finished racer when it is done. Question, do you plan to actually race the car, or is it for posterity?

8. C5HM

C5HM
    from TX

Slowmotion...there were only about 20 odd 1964 H&M Galaxies built. So the number 41 does not designate total '64s. Most likely it represented the 41st H&M car (of any kind) built in sequence from a starting point that is still not clear. H&M only began to put alloy plates on their comp cars in late 1964...after the 1965 bodies in white showed up for the new NASCAR season. Before that, the Galaxies they built for Fomoco were all regular serialized production vehicles.

9. C5HM

C5HM
    from TX

John, I'd like to run the car a few times. But truth be told, I have neither the time...nor driving talent...to campaign it seriously in vintage competition. There aren't all that many organized venues for drum brake stock cars either...and they are all in California. So, I am sure she will mostly just sit around. But the old girl sure is fun to look at just sitting in the garage!

10. slowmotion

slowmotion

Thanks for the explanation C5. All the HM cars were special for sure. Again, great job on that one.

11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Very nice lettering style and everything is done with a touch of class.

The colors fit perfectly. Nice job.

Jimbo

12. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

13. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Absolutely tremendous job on this car. What's more satisfying to me is that I remember seeing the car in 1964.

14. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

MARC new car race, Athens County Fairgrounds, Athens, Ohio. John Romine, Younstown, Ohio is on the pole. He was the MARC champion, in this first year of MARC operation. 1953.

Attached Files:

15. ghubrex

ghubrex

nova 02.jpg

Nova-cns 2.jpg
    Here are some photos of the 63 Nova Late Model I just finished, hundreds of hours and a busted budget later...

16. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Beautiful! Where we're these pics taken, CNS? Nice work. Would like to see more.

17. slowmotion

slowmotion

Sweet little Nova, really like seeing these kinds of builds. Great job!

18. x 2

19. ghubrex

ghubrex

Nova before.jpg

Nova restore 1.jpg

Nova 5.jpg

RMRCS 2.jpg
    The Nova is a fresh rebuild on a car originally built in 1970. The pictures are before-during-after rebuild. I lack the fabrication skills so evident in many of the contributors to this site, so I do the best I can in rebuilding/replacing stuff to keep it period correct, and ask for help on the stuff I can't do. I'm happy with the way it turned out, after lots of time and energy invested. The track pictures are indeed made at Colorado National Speedway, and the car show picture was made at last weekend's Rocky Mountain Race Car Show in Denver.

20. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Looks like it was a good show. I see Wayne Stallsworth's Mustang was there. Very cool.

21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Can anyone I.D. these fellows?

22. gmpartsgod

gmpartsgod

looks like occoneechee speedway in north carolina.they have a web site take a look

23. I think it's the Milwaukee Mile racetrack @ the fairgrounds. I don't know who those guys are though, the link to the picture didn't say.

24. malindamiller

malindamiller
    from indiana

looking for pictures information about my uncle Jerry shropshire's car. he died this week and i am looking for photos for his funeral. he raced at south anthony speedway in the 60's. #23 (tweety) and 32 (sylvestor). thank you