Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Man us it great to have someone on board to repost all the info! Ruler!!!

Yes, all of the above is correct.

I will say this, as you roll into Wildwood, you will pass or registration table and our Oilers HQ on your left. Look for the vintage 1957 Airstreams. That's us. Starlux is directly across the st.

Come say hello, lets have a beer!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. bkrpop

bkrpop

I'm heading to the race of gentlemen Friday (Oct 4th) out of Monmouth county nj, near last years ROG site, and was just wondering if anybody else was heading out then and looking to possibly link up to cruise down w other hot rodders in the area or along the way? If anyone is interested or if there's another thread started for this already please let me know.

3. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Final test and tune tonight and it is going on a trailer tomorrow after work . leaving right after work thursday night !! i'll try to get a video up before i go to bed !!

4. Finishing up some last minute details on the 29' roadster. Thanks to a lot of good friends for extra help this weekend. It was great to get to work with Ed Gromer (SOTA) and do some grass roots hot rodding. Took the roadster for a couple good rides on the street and things are doing great. Thanks Ed, for letting us borrow your trailer. We will load the car up Wednesday night and make the trek from Knoxville to Wildwood on Thursday. See you others soon.
    Jim

5. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

This will be epic !

6. sota

sota

Jim & Mike it was a fun hanging out at your shop! Thanks for the ride over to Lokars in the Bitchin roadster what a BLAST! You guys have a safe and fun trip and I'll see you when you get back.

7. Weather looks great. We'll be heading up Friday morning. Should get there about mid-day!

8. Man I love hearing stories about all the friends on the other side of wrenches pitching in to help a bud get his mission completed.
    There is nothing like good friends, a bad ass car, and an approaching deadline. Now that's living!

Wish all you unknown helpers were coming to enjoy our day. You sure are with us in spirit! That has been proven.

9. Rolling!

Indianapolis 87 miles
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380715408.796457.jpg

10. We are loading up at 10am. 26 foot box truck and one Ww2 trailer, locked and loaded.

11. I might as well be on my way....I'm no good here at work and won't be today or tomorrow!

So stoked to be headed up! Looking forward to meeting a whole new group from north of the border!

12. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

ROG this weekend!!!!, Hershey next weekend!!!! what a month!!!!

Will be a spectator this year, plan on draggin home a body from Hershey to go on the A chassis and be on the beach next year

Cant wait!!!!

13. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

We are leaving at 6am Friday! Can't wait!

15. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Looking forward to hanging out Friday night!

16. ELD

ELD

17. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380746484.146168.jpg
    Loaded for bear ! It is a race, right ? We should be leaving a day ahead of plan tomorrow am or maybe be running down tonight, stoked!

18. ^^ VP 110 !!! ^^

HaHa... AWESOME!

19. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Another ROG highlight! This morning mike n his dad dropped off my next banger B motor came by HAMB relay from Oregon! Thanks guys see you tomorrow!

20. Vp 110 !must have some serious compression :eek:

21. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Leaving for NJ tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you. Don't think much sleep will be happening tonight!

22. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380759221.598138.jpg

Getting ready. Loading ole cushman n king midget to scoot around. Boys are gathered.....

23. T__N__A

T__N__A

You got some badass toys Matt!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380762857.498644.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380762872.250491.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380762886.865694.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380762901.898892.jpg

That's us! 667 one up on the devil! Runnin 67 on the roadster . In 100%. Takin no prisoners !

25. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

wow,sounds like it will be awesome.hope to make it,if not next year!

26. lorodz

lorodz

Can't wait to get on the road already...

27. mike bowling

mike bowling

This thing is totally OUT OF CONTROL!!! I can't believe the iron that's going to show up! Great job with the organizing-by next year New Jersey's going to have to expand in area- it'll be STATEWIDE! Good luck to all. Hairy Mike

28. Pete

Pete

How does the Amtrack shut down affect the traffic??? Has anybody seen the traffic mess first hand??

Im driving from Boston and there doesnt really seem to be an alternative route....

Any suggestions??

Pete-

29. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Loading up tonight

Attached Files:

30. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The Cushman and King will probably be the sleepers of the event, I wouldn't let them on
    the sand.....................It is me or is there a little fender to downtube rub on the scoot?

My aunt had a Cushman, back in the late 50's different body and seat she rode it around town and to and from work for about 3 years. Even took my Grandmother side saddle style to Dr.'s appointments.