Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage Tin Found In The Desert-'33 Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Dec 21, 2012.

1. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Take your community college class on a field trip.

Tell them to bring shovels.

2. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Sometimes life just gets in the way of our hobbies. Don't let these impatient naysayers get you down. There's tons of us who are patiently waiting and will give you a huge thumbs up when you finally manage to get it home. Good luck with the house and the semester, either one would be hard to manage all on its own

Bobby

3. alchemy

alchemy

Take a few 2x4's from the house project, a few big students from the college, and go carry that car out of the ravine before one of these HAMBers figures out where it is!

4. ..you need to get your priorities in order!
    ...jus kiddin.

5. Heck, put an ad with the coordinates for that car on eBay; if everyone who's interested in it is serious enough to bid, maybe you'd get enough $$ to finance your house! :D

6. white64

white64
    from Maine

A progress post ..of sorts! No worries, we ain't told nobody where it is!

7. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

I think I found 'em! :D

Plenty of vintage tin in them thar hills!!! Boy... I hope those weren't used in the Nuclear Testing!!!!! Do they glow at night?

Build a gasser out of the 3 window and call it the atom "bomb" ! :eek:

Better look for that green glass that's left over after the blast...........

Attached Files:

8. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

"What I would do." Yeah, sure. Get it on your own time when you feel you can, good luck, most of us will still be here patiently waiting. I think it's great you have your priorities straight.

Regards,

Cosmo

9. junk fiend

junk fiend

i found a 31 chevy body in ditch in the desert, couldnt load it up without a truck. kind of forgot about it for a year and went back to get it and it was GONE! i was very sad. except this was next to a dirt road and about a mile or two off a major highway.

if i find stuff out in the middle of nowhere like you guys did i just take it. probably govt land.

10. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

my son mickey who lives in west texas found this car thursday and plans on loading it up sunday ---pics to follow...

11. wally426ci

wally426ci

:D damn, finders keepers!?

12. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Had this happen to me years ago. 55 Chevy convert on a river bank, back half of the car had seen water many times. I spent a week shoveling it out. Went through proper channels trying to get permission to remove it legally. Meanwhile an asshole who had heard about it through a friend of mine, cut the lock on the fence, drove heavy equipment up the muddy farmer's road, and removed it. Still pisses me off when I think about how some people get anxious and have no respect for the law or anybody else. At least the car did get restored.

13. Should have sent him a bill for your labor.

14. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

In refence to an abandoned falcon sedan .
    (Mike) Do you think someone own's it?, (Reb) No! it is a natural resource !! we are recycling a wreck.

A quote from the aussie car flick "Running on Empty".

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. white64

white64
    from Maine

Did anyone ever get these things out of the desert?

16. This whole thread is a big waste of time. Who spends days digging out something like this and then leaves it there....

17. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Good question.....

18. loving seeing stuff like this still out there and no telling at what else is out there =/

but any who, whats the update/ progress on the situation/ out come ....???

19. Sure hope the news is all good, and i didnt read all this for nothing. :)

20. luke13

luke13

almost looks better than my 34 coupe, in my experiance i wouldnt leave it there, take a sawsall and chop the thing up an load it into your truck, take ya maybe a few hours, house wont be goin anywhere, you can always pull a mental health day to get out of work, an leave the class with a 1500 word essay, put out some orange road cones fire up your amber lights put out some danger tape , put on a white hardhat and grab your clip board an reflective safty vest, no one will question your motives then

21. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

People already do this. Choppers, The meter reader, cable guy, line repair men. All are used or on retainer and recieve a finders fee for the VT thats discovered in peoples yards or lots.

22. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

This is a New Year , let the new searches for old iron and the adventures that follow begin . Start off 2014 right for this old 33 Chevy . If you don't want to go get it , tell a friend where it is , tell somebody you know who is into old cars where it is or tell everybody on this thread where it is . Just tell somebody so this old chevy can be saved .

Happy New Year All

23. Drive Em

Drive Em

One of the guys from a nearby Border Patrol station got the car out. He had also known about the car and mentioned that he was planning on pulling it out. Unfortunately, I believe that is is being built as a R@t R?d complete with an S-10 frame.

24. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

Glad to see somebody is going to save it , I'm not a rat rod fan , but its not going to blow away sometime either .

25. I still can't believe you and your buddy found it, dug it out, and then just left it for the next guy to come along and take it.

26. Drive Em

Drive Em

We weren't the only ones who knew about it, as there are alot of Border Patrol agents who knew about it. The one who got it had been planning on getting it, we just made it easier for him.

27. 35du

35du
    BANNED
    from missouri

I wasted my time reading 15 pages for this?

28. Model T1

Model T1

You, I or no one wasted our time. We all love old tin and a mystery. It was a good read. What else would you have been doing? Masturbating?

Like many others, I've been wondering.............. At least now we know someone got the car. I think?:confused::eek:

29. luke13

luke13

cool find shame though, keep an eye on it cause he may get sick of the project before he does any real damage to it.

30. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I guess I'm glad to hear someone took it home. At least this way it will stop me from wasting time trying to find it.
    I was in El Paso in early December and spent a bit of time driving around and looking for it....LOL

Bobby