Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UPDATED my 1959 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Feb 24, 2013.

1. This last Saturday my Dad came up to help me. He brought up a stock, working gauge set out of a 60's Econoline, so I robbed the fuel and temp gauge out of it and after some little problems we got both working correctly. Annd he also fixed a minor wiring problem I had.

Oh and off topic but I've been working with my Mom doing house/apartment clean outs for Bell Real Estate..making $9.50 an hour, Monday-Friday...anyways I scored this Mooneyes welcome mat at a abandoned property!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

When i think back at what you started with, you came a long long way. It looks real good man.

3. Thanks!

4. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

Going to Redmond or WA the 7th?

5. Nope. Too far for me.

6. Well this last 3 day weekend was very enjoyable. Friday night after work I fired up the old Ford and picked up Hailee and we went to Brooks Auto Parts again for the final hangout night of the summer, then afterwards hung out at a buddies house. Then Saturday I took her clothes shopping all afternoon/evening...AND then Sunday we went out to her Aunt and Uncle's shop to have a friend take our Senior pictures which was a bad ass photoshoot with all their old fords (I'll be getting the pics soon) and yesterday I got invited to a BBQ/car show at the shop I did an apprentice ship at, Hard Luck Customs, and while out there I may have found a project for Hailee :D there was about 27 cars there. Then after the BBQ I swung by a buddies place so he could see the truck running. A very good weekend and got some miles on the truck, still looking for a transmission kickdown though..

Attached Files:

7. Oh and here is the possible project for Hailee, 61/2 Ford F100 short bed Unibody. 223, 4 speed. CHEAP and I got the owners phone number.. :D She loved this truck

Attached Files:

8. n847

n847

That would be a cool truck too!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Unibodys are pretty cool. Does it run?

10. I know I love them. Not sure if it does or not, looks like it might with battery,gas and whatever else. Here's a pic of a 61 a buddy built who's shop is up the road from where this one is sitting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  11. Very nice build man.
    Let me ask u.
    How are u liking the 318?? Easy to find parts?etc??
    Thinking of going that direction on mine.
    Thanks.

12. I'm loving the 318. And so far its been easy to find parts for, I mean like a waterpump for $19. Do it!

13. Today was my first day of senior year and I drove the truck to school, good news is I do NOT scrape in the driveway. Had a pretty good day until I almost got hit on the way home. Dumbass b**** in a mini van blew a stop sign..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  14. Well have not had the best experience driving it to high school. With the first week almost getting hit by that lady and then some kid messing with it yesterday..bout ready to beat some ass. On the bright side I have had a bunch of compliments on it.

15. Been some very cold mornings not having my heater hooked up or defrosters wired up BUT it has been fun! Doing good as a daily driver..Suprisingly gas isn't too bad.

Attached Files:

16. Have I lost my followers? I've still been daily driving the pickup!

17. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

How did it get messed with?

I drove my '51 Pontiac to high school every day (I graduated last year) and it never got messed with.

18. Kid was jumping in the bed, opened the hood without permission, kept saying "Oh this is stupid, mines better" , crawling around underneath saying he needs this, needs that..was total BS

19. Diavolo

Diavolo

Good on ya for keeping in it. You've done a great job and it shows.

20. luckystiff

luckystiff

get that uni. that or go grab the grille out it for me as i'd love to have it for my 62. mine is rough and i really want to keep chrome but may have to blast and paint mine.

jag xj suspension goes under those trucks easy. i'm notching mine into the frame a bit as i want it lower than most but solid mounted straight to the rails gives a respectable ride height.

you already have a cool fridge. a cool unibody slick would be great to go along with it...

21. 4msfam

4msfam

Ignore the school hater... you know what's in it and it's looking great! Good on you for daily driving it... gotta say, it's going to be cold without that heater soon! Sure been wet up here in Seattle! How's the front clip working for you, still smooth? I'd love to be able to swap one in my '55, but the front rails curve way too far in (which is funny, that it works well in a Ford but not a Dodge!).

Keep at it!

22. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

Word of caution; you need to get one on there pronto. Otherwise you'll rebuild the transmission too. Torqueflites must have the linkage hooked up and properly adjusted. That truck's awful sweet! Sounds like ya bingo'd on the little lady too. Keep drivin and postin, young man:D

23. Yeah gonna be hooking wiper, heater, and defroster all up soon. And yeah I feared that about the trans. And the clip is still riding smooth..I think my shocks are worn out as its pretty bouncy but not bad.

24. Here's some of our senior pictures :)

Attached Files:

25. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

Looks awesome man! Nice work! I just got a 60 f100 stepside myself and am loving it!

26. Replaced the passenger rear leaf spring today!

27. Great job on the truck Jon! I would have loved to drive something like that when I was in high school. I drove a rusty 1966 (not quite 20 yrs old at the time) Chevy Bel Air 4dr. Fenders were so rusty, they flapped going down the road. Had me a niiiiiiice 8 track stereo from the junk yard with matching junk yard Sparkomatic speakers and a mismatched set of baby moons from the same yard. Best I could do, but it fit all my friends. LOL

28. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Great job on the truck. Get that kick down done and iron out all the little stuff and you will be much happier with it.

29. haha thanks Dave

Yeah I got my friend looking for one, but they've been pretty busy.

30. Hopefully this weekend some serious S*** will happen! I figured out how I can make my own kickdown rod. And I have the bracket to do it..