Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Parts relays, and what true gentlemen are, Thank you Fred Bear!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever17, Sep 29, 2013.

1. A few weeks ago I posted a thread looking to see if someone was either from, or heading through Chesapeake, Va. on their way to The Rodder's Journal Revivial. I was hoping to find someone willing to do a relay for me and grab some parts and bring them to the show.

I was quickly contacted by Fred Bear. He said he was going right through the area and would be happy to help me out. We spoke on the phone, and I gave him the number of the guy I was getting the parts from. Fred took over from there and made all the arrangements to get the parts for me. Yesterday at the Revival I met Fred for the first time. We chatted for a while, he showed me my parts, and then said they were safe and to go ahead and enjoy my day. When I was ready to leave we could use his golf cart to transport everything out to the parking lot.

What a guy! After all that, I reached in my pocket to give him some money for his time and troubles. He wouldn't take a single dime. Said he was just happy to help out a fellow hot rodder.

He saved me hundreds of dollars in shipping costs, or probably an additional 8-9 hours of driving time plus fuel if I went the extra distance and got them myself.

Fred, you are a true gentleman. I can not thank you enough. I owe you.....

Glenn

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

nice!

3. That's really good to hear. Yep, there are some awfully nice folks on here...don't worry, I mean you're all still badass and everything...but nice too:D

4. Thumbs up to Fred! Hot Rod 47 you sound like a pretty decent dude yourself.

5. The HAMB in action ...... ;)

The relay response is alive & well !

Jim

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My husband and i have been friends with Freddy Bear for years and he is the genuine article. He will do anything to help anybody so the fact that he wouldn't take a dime doesn't surprise me at all. We are very proud to call him our friend.[​IMG]

7. Always enjoy hearing these kind of stories.

8. Send him a gift,card to a good place to eat. Those good ole boys love to eat!

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That's a great story! Hope you can return the favor to him sometime, or pass it on to another rodder!

10. bearfebco

bearfebco

These are some mighty nice words being posted here.....Thank you.....I am just like about all of you, glad I could help a fellow car guy.....If you want to know what I would like, that would be for everybody here to play it forward....Then I will be rewarded many times.....Fred Bear

11. 117harv

117harv

No, thank you! I hope more will follow your lead wether a member here or not:)...5 stars.

12. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

I always like hearing stories like this. Gives me hope there are still super genuine people out there willing to help one another. Thanks for sharing the great news!!!

Posted from the international space station & powered by the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. See what I am saying. Great guy!

You are the best Fred, thanks again.

14. ardyboy

ardyboy

Helped us out in the pits at Beaver Springs. Hot Rod 47, you said it all in your opening statement!!!

15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Mr Bear was very kind to help us with materials to hang the HAMB banner at Pimlico !
    Kindness is spelled Fred Bear!
    Thank you again,sir!

16. 0ldracer

0ldracer

I have known this guy for 53 or 54 years and none of this surprises me at all. Including the part where he wouldn't take anything for his services.

SO....send me that gift card and all the extra money and I'll take him and Judy out to dinner!!! How's that! LOL

Love ya Buddy... don't ever change!