Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

Thats no shit !!! She was really bad!!!

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I couldn't understand why they didn't have someone a lot better than she was.

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

Just think the prices they are posting is the hammer price but if you are an internet bidder, they add another 8% on it then if you use a credit card they add another 4% making it 12% total. The price can add up fast if you are on a computer bidding.

Then you need to trust the towing company that moves it to the other land not to do any more damage to it and they charge you $50 a day storage but after the other fees, that little extra shouldn't matter.

4. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

5. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

That Pinto was the one I was after, but it was bid out of my range...

6. Wow 650 for a old whitewall and a display for it....I'll sell the one in front of my garage for 500 and I'll throw in a 55 Pontiac hubcap...looks like your gonna see a lot of 64-65 Chevy trucks and 4 door Chevys come up for sale touted as coming from the Lambrect collection

7. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Without a doubt - I've got two old chevy parts trucks in my yard - and I'm getting the CL ad ready now:rolleyes:

8. phat rat

phat rat

For those who are knocking Yvette as an auctioneer. What are you looking for from her. I'd say she did one whale of a job promoting this sale and bringing in people from all over the world. I'm on her mailing list and she does these auctions all over the midwest. Getting all the large sales she does she and her company must be good or business would dry up. Check out their web site http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

That was one a very crazy car auction for sure.

I keep asking myself why someone would keep all those cars and then just watch them sit there rusting away for years.

Different strokes for different folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

10. belair

belair

I'm glad to know my 58 Apache step-side is worth 80K. Made watching the first three sales worth it.

11. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

She's obviously a saavy businesswoman, and a hell of a promoter/advertiser. If I had something to sell, I think she'd be first on my call list.

12. jazz1

jazz1

13. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I haven't taken the time to do the math, but wonder how much the dollars would have totaled if the cars were sold for market value way back when. Then the money from the sale of those put specifically in an account drawing simple interest.

I bet the total will exceed what the auction nets.

Say the 496 cars brought 1500 average back in the 50-60s, 700,000 X 5 perecent compounded... 4-5 mil? I didn't do the math. Where is C10 Simplex when you need him?

14. uncle buck

uncle buck

The $$$ she got say otherwise it looks like

15. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

And to think I have on just like it...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

16. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

I can't belive someone forked over $30k+ for a Vega or Corvair that didn't have some sort of racing history! Then again, I think a yard stick went for $600.

Can we Close this one now?

17. chubbie

chubbie

well jimbo....... if there wern't old rusty cars where would you and the rest of you old ladies get parts and projects?? there wouldn't be a HAMB.. crazy auction????? fabulous auction. were you there??? they sold mostly HAMB friendly cars!! the auction company did a GREAT job! the dealership held on to these cars so they didn't go to the crusher!! and it's a fact, some people have money! pull up your panties..

18. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

When I talked to Gary last night, he said that he had to walk over a mile from where he parked to get to the auction. He said it was a mad house, as you could see watching the piece on the History Channel. After this one I think the auction company will be in high demand

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rather than close it, can we try to make sense of what happened? I get it that they hyped it up and that it's a mid west urban legend of sorts. I get it that the auction company score for their client. Still, I highly doubt that WHERE they came from can command such high prices let alone the genuinely scrap condition of some of the 5-figure sales. At best the deteriorated outdoor new cars should be worth 50% of the sum of their parts, and that's only if you live a short distance away. The Hartung auction made sense as he collected some genuinely cool stuff, had an eye for the rare and unusual, and even the more 'common' stuff he had didn't get stupid. This sale is nothing but common cars. I doubt that this makes every vintage Chevy jump double digit percentages in value, but I still can't get my head around it. The Cameo blows my mind. In order to "benchmark" that truck it has to be repaired and brought back as close to what it was before it can be understood what things really were in 1958. The Chevelle with the roof caved in? I don't get that either. The most sensible sales were the 65 396 2dr HTs. At least some preservation was attempted and they even ran. $30K with no miles? I get it. Not some of the outdoor junk though.

I'd welcome views from the members here in the biz. What's your explanation of the results? Auction fever? Is there value I can't see? I've bought and sold since my early teens. What am I missing?

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

And we think the Barrett Jackson auctions are making people think junk is worth gold,I think this auction is going to make it worse where actual junk did go for gold prices.

21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I watched the "coverage" on the History channel last night, where did they come up with those idiots?:confused: I know this wasn't a Barrett-Jackson style auction, but I'd like to have seen the bidders as they fought over this rusty junk and seen the cars a bit more instead of the three losers talking over everything.

I've got to say, I first thought that putting the best vehicles first was a mistake, I figured they would start with the junk and work toward the higher end stuff. When the Cameo went so high, I knew these folks were going to bid crazy prices, each one feeding on the next one. They all caught the fever, and let emotion cause them to lose reality. I bet several of those folks woke up this morning and went and looked at what they have bought and had a case of serious buyer's remorse!

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I know sarcasm when I see it. Surely you are not that stupid. If so you are now suffering from Barrett Jackson disease :D

23. painkiller

painkiller

A guy bought a his old 57 Chevy back that was traded in back in the early 60"s.

24. vpd

vpd

I personally don't get it. People paying top dollar value for project cars? This kind of reminds me of when Barrett/Jackson started showing their auctions on Speed Channel, everyone thought the old car they had laying in the back 40 was worth gold. Seriously think about it. What kind of impact will this have on the old car hobby? How many other Lambrecht collections will come out of the wood work and go up for auction and just keep driving the prices of old cars up to the point where it will be a rich mans hobby. Not the low dollar, hard work hobby of an old vehicle that would have otherwise been junked. Just my 2 cents.

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It should be called the Lambrecht auction disease from now on.

26. Anyone know when they will replay on History? I missed it thinking it was later on.

27. belair

belair

I gots the feeeeever!!. :) No, I know what the old girl isn't worth. I just hope the guy I'm trying to get a 53 Chrysler (331 in it) and a 47 Chevy 4 door from didn't watch that mess.

28. Stupid money for junk that still needs to be restored....
    Advertising paid off on this auction....
    "Lambrecht Auction Disease" will run rampid for a year or two then fade when people will get pissed of about ungodly prices, let them rot.
    Where was the guy's head that paid $140,000 for a Cameo that needs to be restored? I have never seen one that was restored worth more than half of that....
    NOT what was invested....
    or call it the Pierce, Nebraska fever ^^^^,
    it swept over the plains infecting large crowds with money to burn...what a fire!!!

29. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

The whole auction looked like pure mayhem, how the auctioneer could even see who was bidding with that amount of people is unbelievable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.