Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage XXXX HOT ROD of THE YEAR - The REAL Scoop and PHOTOS!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great photos ! I too am in love with the coupe .

2. Ed Ramos

Ed Ramos

Is this what happens when you mouth off about the HAMB? Or is this a total coincidence?

3. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Kirk, I don't know you from Adam but I have always enjoyed your coverage/posts. Good luck with whatever's next. Guys with your talent don't stay retired for long.

4. BAAD32

BAAD32

Really??? Best of luck to you !! The gazzette was a better place in you reign, super quality.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks guys. It's not by choice. My position was "eliminated".

Ha ha! No, it's what happens when you tell the truth.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Well, I may be partial to Moxie (the PB) :D, the '34 was pretty awesome. I looked it over quite a bit in Louisville. Indy was fun this year.

No longer with Goodguys? Oh no! They will have some HUGE HUGE shoes to fill! :(

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

Again, thanks. Making a magazine that everyone will hopefully enjoy, from low buck to high-dollar, is no easy task, by I think me and my team did it on a regular basis. I'm very proud of the Gazette and my team.

8. Kirk, your work was always spot on. Damn, this sucks. So the Gazzette has no editor.
    Later,
    Dick

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Very nice, looks like a great time.

10. Sorry to hear about the job loss ... you always stood up for those guys.

11. That's a sad thing to hear, Goodguys' loss will be someone else's gain because you are one of the most talented artist I've ever been around. It has been fun watching you over the last eight years transform the Gazette from basically a glorified newspaper into the coffee table worthy high-quality magazine it has become.

12. Ed Ramos

Ed Ramos

Wow... Just wow...

13. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I guess they finally saw those pics of their mums naked at Kirk's house......it's not like he's been hiding the fact!!!

14. 2002p51

2002p51

How can they "eliminate" the guy that makes it all work?

15. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Kirk! Sorry to hear this....can't believe it. Hope to see you somewhere down the road Dale

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. DRD57

DRD57

My sentiments, exactly!
    I too, know the sting of being "eliminated". It sucks but, you're a talented guy with a lot of drive. I look forward to see those qualities applied to your next opportunity.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

18. You don't think it could be that the heading of your post is NSRA Hot Rod of the year? DUH!
    Later,
    Dick

19. brandon

brandon

That only changed at the top of 4th page....cool pics ...lots of trinkets....and somebody repop some big window speedway halibrands....so they can get those billet specialties looking wheels off the back of that lane car....

20. BCR

BCR

Dick, he changed the title after he was eliminated.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  21. Kinda too late. Just poking shit.
    Later,
    Dick

22. Well shit. There goes my idea. :( Or......................we could do it on our own?

Sorry to hear that kirk, I had it happen to me this summer as well. You have a ton of talent, something better will come of this.

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, Tman, we should still talk.

24. Well there goes my GG membership!!!

25. PM me your cell then. Maybe a couple unemployed guys can make something of themselves! :D;):eek:

26. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

god im in love with that truck! PERFECT!

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sorry to Hear Kirk. Not sure how you run a Magazine without an Editor to oversee it.

GO help the NSRA with their Mag. it needs so much help. any input would be an improvement. Hell, even Hotrod could use your help, they suck at the coverage of their own events (just look at it current issues and how it covered the Power Tour.)

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks. Great question.

I'm up to help anyone out. I'm extremely proud of the Gazette and my team and would be happy to replicate the passion and success.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Advertisers whined because you didn't gear the event towards cars with their high dollar trick of the week wheels and billet what ever?:confused:
    With your talent for writing, photography and putting on an event that works I see you coming out ahead in the end, good luck.

30. seatex

seatex

Gee, I guess Gary and Marc just couldn't afford you anymore. revenues of twenty million a year makes for a pretty tough budget. just when you think they couldn't squeeze another two cents out of a nickel...........................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.