Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...this auction is literally a junkyard being sold off one car at a time.

2. Model T1

Model T1

Is it over yet ?
    In a short time the HAMB is going down for upgrades. Hopefully all of the cars will be scrapped by then.

3. F&J

F&J

There was an old saying here in the Northeast about rusty cars : "It's got rust up to the door handles".

Well, that almost sound "mint condition" compared to these cars :)

I have never seen that much rust up into the entire roof sections before.

4. uncle buck

uncle buck

Buy the cars yourself and you can pull all the parts off them you want.

5. old1946truck

old1946truck

This auction is going to screw up trying to buy a old car that has been sitting in someones yard. Because "It went for big money on the tv."

6. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

I am planning to pull parts off if I can score a few cars and send the rusty shell to the crusher...if the crusher doesn't buy them all...:D

7. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Kind of like McKays auction in Mount Carrol ILL in 1989. :(:(:(

8. uncle buck

uncle buck

That's the way to go about dealing with these scrappers. Unfortunately the average Joe is up against a deficit in regards to the scrap value per ton. Go in smart and maybe talk to a couple of scrappers you see bidding and see if you can get an offer per car or ton prior to bidding. The price per ton they pay at the auction will most likely be higher than what they would pay you if you hauled a car in for scrap.

9. henry29

henry29

I'm sure a lot of them are rusted pieces of junk, but some of them look like nice solid cars.

[​IMG]

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I have a non auction question on the dealership. I'm wondering how old man Lambrecht could financially swing "eating" the cost of a new car by never selling it and just parking/holding it.
    This happened repeatedly. There's dozens of 'new' cars with less than 100 miles on them that were never sold. Complete debits on the book keeping ledger.
    I've read that he would sell, but held out for list price, even when the model year was up, therefore many (obviously) never sold.
    Not selling one car had to have really ate into the profit of the other dealership. The sale/profit of multiple cars would be required just to float one unsold car.
    Seems to be a very poor business practice. An eccentric kook? Possibly, the business did well enough that he could afford to play his game of "I'll either sell the car at my price, or let it rot into the ground".

11. davidh73750

davidh73750

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380347221.703896.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380347241.036555.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380347259.986183.jpg

Lots of trailers in Columbus

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. ETwagon

ETwagon
    from Arizona

Nah, People over pay at auctions every day of the week.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  13. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

If anything this auction may help save old cars in other parts of the country. I can't tell you how many old car lots I have seen fenced off and locked up and they won't sell anything, then one day you go by and the whole place has been crushed out. Frustrating isn't it? Maybe this auction will make these folks realize that they can get more than crush price for old cars, even if they are only parts cars. Hopefully we will see more auctions like this in the future, none of these old junk guys are getting any younger.

14. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Ray Lambrecht never asked sticker price for any vehicle, to my knowledge, but if the model year was done, he would not discount the price to sell them off. He was one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in Nebraska, by volume sold, and also owned a car leasing business out of state and was rumored to have invested in oil which made it possible to keep these cars back for whatever reason. For example, when I bought my first new car from Ray, 1963 Impala SS, https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDet...7400628&title=1963-Chevrolet-Impala-SS-2dr-HT he totaled the price and told me that sticker price was $3600 and then ran a new set of figures and said he would sell it to me for $2996. The rumors I heard were that he believed we would have another world war and go through rationing again and he would have cars to sell.

I've known Ray for 50 years and my Mom taught school in Pierce and had both of Ray's kids in her class, I originally thought that was why he gave me the deal he did, but found out that was his regular way of doing business.

15. von zipper

von zipper

Just set my DVR tonight on the History channel!

16. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Airs on the History channel tonight. I better get to the store and buy some popcorn.

17. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

Good luck today for those going online to Proxibid. I you haven't read through this entire thread click carefully. :)

18. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

tag for NEW vids -n- pictures

:cool:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  19. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

this is on the history channel right now, stupid ignorant prices

20. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

A buddy of mine is there and said there are a lot of great deals outside the auction of people who have brought their cars and hung "for sale" signs on!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Crazy money there. Can you say "buyer's remorse" towing that crap home sunday ?

22. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Crazy thats all i can say

23. slammed

slammed

Brilliant! LOTS of hungry eyes, and if they run and drive a sure sale.

24. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Very insane indeed...

25. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

what are these idiots thinking they will do with these cars?

26. fanspete

fanspete

The coverage by the history channel is total crap. Show the dad-burn auction, that's what is 'MAKING HISTORY' not all the jibberish yakity-yak!

27. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

140 K for a pickup? for a cameo pickup?

28. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

:DI heard one guy saying those no-mile cars would never see the highway. Yea, right. Fix it and drive like you stole it.:D

29. Blah, blah, blah. You're watching the Aussie Chick. :D

30. jhaas63

jhaas63

The economy is bad? Hard to believe watching this on History right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.