Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What would your perfect "Lambrecht Auction" consist of?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A Ford Dealership just before WWII. Say, 1940... You'd have your choice of 39 and 40 Fords and with any luck, the used lot would have some early to late 30's stock.

3. alchemy

alchemy

My ultimate auction would be from a Ford dealer closed up in 1950. Plenty of new parts on the shelves, and the back row filled with "trade in" 1930's cars. And I'm the only bidder who showed up!

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

I was hoping the Lambrecht auction would have a bunch of 409, 425 HP, four speed cars. Unfortunately thats not the case, there's not one 409 in the bunch. I think here is one stick 327 and one or two 396's. It still would be interesting to wander around that old iron.

5. Finding the shop that my stopped by in North Philly back in the 90's- around twenty 30's to 50's Packards, Buicks, Chevy's and Fords. All dusty, dry and AFFORDABLE SOLID DRIVERS.

Unfortunately, I was just s dumb college kid with no money...

6. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

cadillac dealer closed in early 50s full of L-Head trade-ins or an army surplus with some new crated ones. Of course no competition would be helpful. If it wasn't an auction maybe it would be buying an old rodder' land with a bunch of dirty old rides in the shed that his kids wouldn't want to bother with.

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Exactly! Man could you imagine?

8. Hmmmm - would have to be a Mopar dealership that had some of the big fin Chryslers left, say a '61 Windsor with the long ram intake on a big block - a couple late 30's Plymouth coupes, A '20's or early 30's Chrysler or 2, & one of those new-fangled aluminum front fender Hemi-powered Dodge or Plymouths that some racer ordered & never picked up..... & maybe an old '56 Austin Healey & a '57 Vette on the used lot....
    Yeah....That's the ticket!
    :cool:

9. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Chrysler dealership closed in late 50's. Low mile hemis and shelves full of hemi parts. In the back of the lot maybe some early Airflow trade ins.

10. 3ree 5trips

3ree 5trips

Early 1960's Pontiac...with a bunch of 421 Super Duty motors in crates along the back wall, and boxes and boxes of 8 lug stuff....

11. Mine would be either a '60s era Plymouth or Dodge dealership, or a '60s era Pontiac store. 426 HEMI blocks, heads, dual-carb intakes - yum! And, like above, 421 and 389 engines, Tri-Power intakes, and lots of go-fast goodness!

12. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

mine would be OT, sorry, but a house full 'o GTO'S would make me all fuzzy, 64-67 perferred

13. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

The Ford Dealership idea, but move it ahead a couple of decades so one could also get into some high zoot 406, 427, 430 stuff. Cammers and Tunnel Ports and Super Marauder MEL's, oh my.....

It would also be fun to be at an auction for a lost hot rod shop. 40's, 50's , and 60's speed parts from Edelbrock, Hilborn, Thickstun, Wieand, Kong, Edmunds, Holman / Moody and whoever else you can think of.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  14. 61falcon

61falcon

Hemi cudas and roadrunners as far as the eye could see. sell all but two and retire.

15. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

A Willys dealer that shuttered circa 1942.

16. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

A Chevy Dealership full of 348-409 cars. 61 Biscaynes and 62 Bel Air bubble top 409's. I would not turn down 63 Z11 cars either. Long live the W motor.

17. Of course I would enjoy a pre 1950 Ford dealership...

but I'm gonna go with a long lost dealership from Fred and Augie Duesenberg.

18. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Any year any dealership in the 50's/early 60's. Used to love the new models being kept secret till the first showings.

19. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

All of the above or anything just as long as I have a giant padlock to keep them secure, enough money to clean them up and make them run and time off from work to enjoy them!

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There was a Chevy dealership in Rochester, New York that my dad would go into, when we visited the air base there. I can't remember the name, but one visit in '69, they had a new Corvette, Chevelle SS and a Camaro Z-28 all sitting in a row. Maybe because I was so young and just learning about cars, but that whole scene was like some over powered Hot Wheels fantasy.

As much as I love hot rods, a late 60's muscle car dealership with hoarded stock would be a sweet auction.

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I'm with tfeverfred :)

22. holman and moody bldg full of stuff

23. 7car7

7car7
    from Washington

Any dealership that had dual cowl phaetons. Or any phaetons at all.

24. Back in the late 80's, while I was service manager for the Ford dealership in Blythe, Ca., the parts manager from Parker (AZ) Ford came to work for us and he used to tell me about all the "goodies" that the Parker Ford owner had stashed in a warehouse. Everything from complete hi performance automobiles to hi performance big block engines and such, the guy had opened the dealership in the 50's and there's no telling what kind of gold he had put away.

25. [​IMG]

A Chrysler~Imperial~Plymouth~Dodge~DeSoto dealership that locked its doors in '58 ... with a fully stocked '51-'58 MOPAR parts department (i.e., POLYs, HEMIs, DeSoto grills, etc., etc.) :D

26. Heart Of Texas

Heart Of Texas
    from TX

Mine would be finding a Hudson dealership of just a stored away 54 Hudson Hollywood hardtop or convertible. Several years back a 54 Hudson convertible surfaced that was walled up in a garage. One of those proverbial dust it off and change the fluids finds. A really great original car without damage.

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

That's what Ray Helger's place in Little Compton RI is. He scooped up all the old NOS Ford stuff over the years when the old small dealerships closed up.

http://www.raysantiquesandparts.com/

[​IMG]

28. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

i know people back there ...people that live with in 100miles have known about this for ever...
    there are parts in the parts bin that would scare ya they say...

guess we wait it out and see the vids and pictures.

:cool:

29. autobilly

autobilly

"Have it all" huh?
    Well it's been a closely guarded secret for nearly 70 years, one for the most part that's been forgotten. In the early 1950's Harley Earl's son-in-law was posted to the new Holden plant in Elizabeth, South Australia. All of the generally thought to have been destroyed GM concept cars of the era were in fact sent down under for storage under his supervision, in a remote but well constructed and secure storage facility in the Simpson Desert. These one off dream cars have sat idle, untouched and perfectly preserved ever since. I recently purchased the land as part of an opal mining lease and discovered the "shed". Now they are all mine!
    [​IMG]

30. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

a willys dealer that shut down in 1941,,, ware house full of complete all steel 41 willys coupes and trucks... tins of extra body parts...
    Kaiser dealer ship from 52 ware house full of henry js..