Register now to get rid of these ads!

30 Day Hath the 2013 September Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jiminy, Sep 2, 2013.

1. What a super car! It looks like one of Harry Miller's Master Carburetors on the supercharger.

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I have one pf those carbs.... NOS given me by an old prewar racer. He also gave me his Gilmore flag from Trenton and a bunch of prewar drivers pins.

3. Where is the super charger?

4. Sorry! It's in reference to the Kay Fleischmann Special, posted on 9/23 by T-Head:eek:

5. Majo

Majo

Hey Magnus, you have a very fast coupe! I was with the green roadster behind you at the start. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yplyAHDsQ

Majo

6. I'm sure it's been asked before, but.....

I was lucky enough to find a quick change rear that I can afford to build, so I can rethink transmissions. What synchrinized transmission would be the easiest to install on my A banger? What additional components would I need to look for to make it all work together?

Feel free to post a link to any discussions with this info.....you don't have to answer in full if there is info elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for all the help! Love the monthly banger meets....I'm learning bunches!!!

7. Majo

Majo

8. Banger Dual exhaust question? How/where do you run the second pipe if you run split headers and want to have everything under the hood and under the car? any pics?

9. Brett,

If you're coming down to the Gear Jam this weekend, I have a T5 that might interest you :D

10. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Here is a thread that has info on a t-5 swap.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256226

11. Thanks guys, but with the QC, I don't NEED an OD trans. Is there a "more traditional" trans that will give synchro capabilities?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  13. There are kits available to install a early flathead Ford V8 3 spd toploader. If you were to go that route I would look for a 38 39 Lincoln Zepher side shift which moves the gearshift approx 3 " to the right and 3.5" forward giving much more foot room. The advantage of an overdrive trans is that you can use say 4.11 gears in the rear for better acceleration and cruise at freeway speeds. Other wise if you run "tall" gears it will take a while to get to highway speeds especially in traffic. Ask CDO about the pros and cons.

14. Cheers! Looks like excellent fun.

15. Only 1st gear is sycro though.

???

16. I thought only first was not syncro on the 39 box and 2nd and 3rd were syncro?

17. Carter

Carter

Yes, and not just the 39 box. All boxes starting in 32 are.

18. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

My mistake. I forgot to put the "not" in there. Sorry.

19. I was wondering if you were starting to lose it!!;)

20. Magnus B

Magnus B

Thanks for the clip. I hadn't seen any footage of the race. Only thing I can say about your ride is... Smoooking :D

Thanks,
    Magnus

21. Hey guys,

I apologize for being kind of a ghost on this thread lately (new job, etc) and also for the "what's it worth", but Brad54 and I are helping a widow sell her late husband's restoration shop "scraps".

One item is an early (roughly 1930) American Austin 4 cylinder engine- it turns over, has the carb and intake, and is in fairly nice, unrestored shape. ANY idea on a price?

Thanks, Bill

22. Majo

Majo

Better than Lucky Strike.
    Next year I'll take your engine :D.

Majo

23. Rokkern

Rokkern
    from Norway

Need help identifying this head I might have just "scored", if it is what I hope it is..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. kirby1374

kirby1374

25. Rokkern

Rokkern
    from Norway

I'm really happy about that. I really just went there to buy a stuck engine, for parts etc. This was a bonus.

26. I second that - it looks to be stock B head. No letters in the casting?

27. Please leave a klickabe link for OCTober thread.

Thanks

28. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo