Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Meet and Greet at the TRJ show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Sep 6, 2013.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are still a couple of weeks away from the Rodder's Journal show. I have not seen anything yet about trying to have a HAMB get together. Is there any interest in doing this ? :confused:

Last time we did this at Jalopyrama a couple of years ago it was a good time. You do remember that don't you ? That's right..........the special guests were hung over and didn't make the picture......We had a good time anyway......I believe we had about 45 HAMBers for the picture

Any suggestions ?

Posted with the old App :D

2. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Do it Sat,See you there, Lucky

3. .........A scathing indictment of the powers that be.:D We all know the "Boss" like to maintain a low profile.:) Count me in, John, if we can get this "rag-tag" bunch all together at one time again that would be "kool"....................Don..........ps, Can we make it Sat.?

5. Marcy

Marcy

I'll have a vendor booth there as well.

Marcy

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Marcy, could we use your booth as a gathering place spot ? That would be way cool.

7. 53woody

53woody

John
    I was at Jalopyrama when you did the meet and greet..... great job....the group picture, then added names to a face. I'm all for doing it again.
    See you soon Bruce

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I remember a bit of Confusion the last time there was a meet an greet at the jalopyrama between you and mike and who was suppose to get things together , John :D. Lol either way it was a good time , ill see you there , what time ????? For the meet n greet

9. Marcy

Marcy

Of course.

Marcy

10. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the organizational work, John, and thanks Marcy for allowing us to disturb your peace for a few minutes.:D..Don.

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Sounds good to me --- See you there!

Malcolm

12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Meet and Greet in front of Marcy's booth at 2PM on Saturday....who else can make it ?

13. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

I had planned on coming but it looks like I'll be up north on the 28th. Great intentions but poor planning on my part.

14. WDobos

WDobos

Sounds like a cool idea,I'll be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will keep bringing this back around so everyone knows about the Meet and Greet

16. I,ll see you there , John

17. How will we recognize your booth Marcy?

18. Marcy

Marcy

Look for 2 10x20 black Ez-Ups (booth is kinda big)
    HI-Octane T's/Norwell Equipped T's and lots of cases of antiques and trinkets----I'm not hard to find.

Marcy

Marcy

19. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

As far as I know I'll be there with my co-pilot Ranunculous

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4 days away. maybe we should run this through again. HAMBers have a special parking area. Look for Ryan's post about the parking.

Meet and Greet at 2 PM in front of Marcy's boot

21. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for setting this up. Hope to still be there at 2:00PM.

22. Question for those who went last year. Is it worth sticking around for Sunday, or is this like most shows where everybody leaves after Saturday?

Right now I'm signed up for Sunday night at the hotel, leaving Monday AM; but if things more or less shut down on Sunday I'm up for canceling my reservation and leaving on Sunday. (save a few bucks)

23. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

IF I remember correctly things were pretty well wrapped up by around 4 pm on Sunday last year

24. .

I'm in. Always a pleasure to meet some more HAMB folks.

See you there.

25. bearfebco

bearfebco

As I remember last year, Sunday saw an addition of cars and people who were at Beaver Springs on Saturday at the Drags...Seemed pretty active, but by 4 or so it was winding down...

26. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bearfebco is correct. There were a new selection of cars on Sunday last year that changed the complexion of the show. Some of the cars from Saturday were gone on Sunday...............damn good show to see.

Look for the HAMB parking area when you show up.................and show up Saturday for the Meet and Greet in front of Marcy's booth............Marcy was nice enough to allow us to congregate in front of her booth...............buy something to show your appreciation

27. Curt Six

Curt Six

I've gotten a few calls about Sunday. It sounds like there are a fair number of guys coming down from the drags for Sunday's show. Also, from the hotel registration list it looks like a lot of people are staying until Monday, so I think Sunday is going to be a good day, too (I know I'm biased, but I really do think so). We've got some great bands playing, and some pretty cool awards that guys are bringing. One is a hand-made sculpture that will seriously blow your mind...we'll probably have it on display in the Rodder's Journal booth.

For those coming from the drags, 1-day pass is $30, and spectator gate is still $12 for the day (kids free). Looking forward to seeing everybody there.
    Curt

28. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tomorrow is the big day......HAMB Meet & Greet.......2PM in front of Marcy's vendor booth....show some love for being able to use her booth as a gathering spot....buy some swag from Marcy

29. ............Curt (or anyone), For those of us showing up tomorrow, one car, one driver, not pre-registered, is it $30 to enter? Please let me know as I have 3 or 4 people asking me if it's going to cost them $50 and their all saying they won't go if that's the case. Please, anyone. I know Curt is probably very busy right now. Thanks a bunch..........Don. That's Sat, not Sun coming from the drags.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013